NFL 2018 Superb Owl Edition: Is There A Way To Tell If Gronk Is Concussed?

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Also... can I just point out that last year, at multiple points Chris Ballard was considered a Niners GM candidate and Josh McDaniels was a reported favorite for head coach.

Man... dodged a bullet there!

What a difference a year makes! 

9 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Got Jimmy G under contract!  Let the undefeated season begin!

I mean, you knew it was coming. Bad timing, though, for me. Was just reviewing some film and noticing a lot more terrible throws than I caught at the time...his deep accuracy was really not great.

9 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Also... can I just point out that last year, at multiple points Chris Ballard was considered a Niners GM candidate and Josh McDaniels was a reported favorite for head coach.

On the other hand, if the Niners had been allowed to take Caserio from the Pats, McDaniels would probably have come with him. Now those two seem pencilled in to be the GM-coach combo after Belichick.

3 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl Champions.

It feels so weird typing out that sentence. 

Honestly, Kraft/Hoodie/Trump/Brady or Phillyfans has got to be the sporting equivalent of Sophie’s Choice. 

21 hours ago, Trebla said:

Well, you can tell yourself that but the League Remembers. Brady and Little Bill aren't immortal and a head coach needs assistants, scouts, and the ability to deal with other teams. Good luck with that.

You forget that when talking to a Pats fan that they've been winning for so long that any move is always expected to be a great move that will keep the franchise where it is forever.  Just look at Rocks offseason comments from last year.  He was predicting a dominant defense unlike anyone has ever seen because of all the great moves made.  I drafted them in my fantasy league based on his comments and ended the season with the Eagles, go figure.

5 minutes ago, aceluby said:

You forget that when talking to a Pats fan that they've been winning for so long that any move is always expected to be a great move that will keep the franchise where it is forever.  Just look at Rocks offseason comments from last year.  He was predicting a dominant defense unlike anyone has ever seen because of all the great moves made.  I drafted them in my fantasy league based on his comments and ended the season with the Eagles, go figure.

That’s not Pats fans. That’s pretty much every fan outside of the perennial losers. Pats fans just ended up being redeemed more often than others in recent memory.

In a king of the mountain process of ~ 30 teams, the only things that keep most fanbases alive are unrealistic optimism, conspiracy theories and online arguments. Oh, and that brief ‘burn the world’ anger when Senecca’s comment on unrealistic optimism plays out. 

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Got Jimmy G under contract!  Let the undefeated season begin!

Never thought I'd be so happy with the niners signing the highest paid player in the league after seven starts.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Honestly, Kraft/Hoodie/Trump/Brady or Phillyfans has got to be the sporting equivalent of Sophie’s Choice. 

It was interesting canvassing Steeler fans who they were rooting for.  Always been surprised by the intensity of the hatred between Pitt and Philly fans.

14 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

That’s not Pats fans. That’s pretty much every fan outside of the perennial losers. Pats fans just ended up being redeemed more often than others in recent memory.

In a king of the mountain process of ~ 30 teams, the only things that keep most fanbases alive are unrealistic optimism, conspiracy theories and online arguments. Oh, and that brief ‘burn the world’ anger when Senecca’s comment on unrealistic optimism plays out. 

From my experience Vikings fans pretty much always expect each season to be a building year and get surprised when they make the playoffs.  The only seasons I remember this not being the case were '99 after the 15-1 season and Favre's second season.  But I'm pretty sure Vikings fans are masochists :lol:

15 minutes ago, aceluby said:

From my experience Vikings fans pretty much always expect each season to be a building year and get surprised when they make the playoffs.  The only seasons I remember this not being the case were '99 after the 15-1 season and Favre's second season.  But I'm pretty sure Vikings fans are masochists :lol:

You would not believe how many Raptor fans think the NBA’s principle function is to screw the Raptors out of wins. Like, not sub-text. And not even conspiracy-theory rankings...the belief is so bedrocked the discussions are about the best/worst ways to account for it being true. Some of it’s true of all fans, but the Canada/US thing gives it spice, and little things like how Canadian viewers do not count in ratings...and therefore tv revenue...become huge tombstones for logic. 

The one thing i’ll give them is that no expansion teams before or since were lottery screwed the way the Canadian teams were, but that was mostly an overreaction to the sudden rise of the Shaq/Penny Magic than anything else, imo. Still, it doesn’t help the narrative, and is one reason i’m kinda tuned out of the Raptors current run, just got so tired of the mass paranoia.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

I will eat your legs.

So I forget NFL salary cap rules due to the dark times of Tomsula and Kelly - wondering if anyone can help me out.  It's being reported that Garoppolo will get (close to) $90 million of the deal in the first three years.  Does that mean for the fourth and fifth years his cap hit would be some split of the remaining ~$48 million?  Or is it like MLB where the cap number is the average annual value of the contract?

29 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

The one thing i’ll give them is that no expansion teams before or since were lottery screwed the way the Canadian teams were

While they never got the first pick, the Grizzlies got the second pick for three straight years (98-00) before they moved.

20 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

So I forget NFL salary cap rules due to the dark times of Tomsula and Kelly - wondering if anyone can help me out.  It's being reported that Garoppolo will get (close to) $90 million of the deal in the first three years.  Does that mean for the fourth and fifth years his cap hit would be some split of the remaining ~$48 million?  Or is it like MLB where the cap number is the average annual value of the contract?

While they never got the first pick, the Grizzlies got the second pick for three straight years (98-00) before they moved.

It's all about roster bonuses and signing bonuses.

If they stacked all the signing bonuses at the beginning with guarantees to avoid having a Cap Crisis in 3 years then it might be running 30 mil a year at first.

49'ers have a SHITLOAD of Cap room atm

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

If they stacked all the signing bonuses at the beginning with guarantees to avoid having a Cap Crisis in 3 years then it might be running 30 mil a year at first.

49'ers have a SHITLOAD of Cap room atm

Thanks - and yeah I wanted to know if they could frontload the contract because it'd be the smart thing to do with all that space.  Sounds like that's what they're doing, sweet.

Archived