Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

Some odd pairings there.

Why does Elizabeth Olsen have Karen Gillans hair in the first pic?

Interesting the Guardians appear to have split up. The mechanics of the space guys and how they end up where they end up seems the biggest mystery to me so far. Like We know, a big ass ship shows up to the Asgard exiles, Loki gets the Space stone to Thanos, Thor ends up seemingly alone, and Hulk crashes into Strange's house. The Guardians are all together when Thanos turns up at the Collectors, where he should get the Reality Stone, but maybe doesn't as it's not on his Gauntlet. (this may all be misdirection, as the Thor trailer deliberately CGI'd things to change from the film.)

Whilst I think Thanos does look great, I miss his helmet.

Of course Bucky will now have a super OP vibranium arm, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Iron Man SPACE ARMOUR!

I feel like Captain America's Star-less look may be a Nomad nod. (and given that Nomad came about because the president was a shitbag...) note: misread gear as bear and spent a little too long looking for a bear insignia.

No Anthony Mackie, what is that on your face?

17 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Some odd pairings there.

Why does Elizabeth Olsen have Karen Gillans hair in the first pic?

Interesting the Guardians appear to have split up. The mechanics of the space guys and how they end up where they end up seems the biggest mystery to me so far. Like We know, a big ass ship shows up to the Asgard exiles, Loki gets the Space stone to Thanos, Thor ends up seemingly alone, and Hulk crashes into Strange's house. The Guardians are all together when Thanos turns up at the Collectors, where he should get the Reality Stone, but maybe doesn't as it's not on his Gauntlet. (this may all be misdirection, as the Thor trailer deliberately CGI'd things to change from the film.)

Of course Bucky will now have a super OP vibranium arm, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Iron Man SPACE ARMOUR!

I feel like Captain America's Star-less look may be a Nomad nod. (and given that Nomad came about because the president was a shitbag...) note: misread gear as bear and spent a little too long looking for a bear insignia.

No Anthony Mackie, what

Anthony Mackie, Falcon, is sharing a cover with Zoe Saldana, Gamora.

4 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Huh, that was a truncated version of what I meant to post. I was lamenting his facial hair.

Ah that makes more sense.   I guess he's in disguise.  Aren't he and Steve Rogers on the lamb for refusing to sign the accords?

On 3/8/2018 at 4:48 PM, The BlackBear said:

I think it's weird. I've never seen Thanos outside of armor (except in a monk's robe iirc). I don't understand why they're going this route unless it's 1) something in a current comic book universe or 2) saving it for Infinity War 2.

Random thought, but who exactly is an official Avenger right now? Since Spider-Man refused to join is it just Tony and Rhodey? And maybe Vision though I have the impression he's with Wanda somewhere. 

Bit of a minor spoiler I suppose... but while at Target yesterday checking out the Legos; there is a rerelease of the Hulkbuster set.  

Spoiler

The set does NOT include Ironman.  It does include Bruce Banner and seems to show him in the suit.

That makes sense, there was a scene in the Age of Ultron script that they didn't film and intended to use in another movie.  Oddly I can't find an article that actually describes it, but basically

Ultron is wailing on Iron Man and it looks like he's about to kill him but then the audience notices the blood oozing from the suit is green, and the Hulk burst out of the armor and rips Ultron in half. So I assume they'll use some version of that. Maybe without the fake out that it's Stark in there. 

On 3/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, Myrddin said:

Poor Hawkeye... He gets no love here. :) Maybe they don't want to give away Ronan persona yet.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/11/why-is-hawkeye-missing-avengers-infinity-war/

So he's retired again. I really hope they don't off his family to justify the transition to Ronin. 

The prequel comic also confirms that Vision ran off with Wanda after she got freed. So yeah the current Avengers team seems to just Iron Man and War Machine. 

On 3/12/2018 at 3:12 PM, Rhom said:

Bit of a minor spoiler I suppose... but while at Target yesterday checking out the Legos; there is a rerelease of the Hulkbuster set.  

Hide contents

The set does NOT include Ironman.  It does include Bruce Banner and seems to show him in the suit.

Can't wait to see this in action in the film.

Hey.   I see some spoiler tags being put around future content speculation , so I'll do that for

skrulls

for no particular reason other than virtue signaling.

So about that ^ , along with any deaths of avengers coming up.    What's bothering me is I don't like it for either of the big two.   Tony or Cap.  Those most rumored to be on the way out.  Tony, all along, has been actively growing humanity's tech and our ability to defend ourselves.  Also, in no way shape or form has be been laying low or trying to "blend in."  Most importantly, his personality is so distinct , so deeply quirky and..... a native speaker of English, so to speak... he's someone who is fully living the [bold]human[/bold] experience.  So how in the hell would it make sense for him to also be ^

the spoiler

all this time.   Why would 'they' ever play him that way?  (For me, this is a rhetorical question because i doubt there's a really convincing answer.  They wouldn't.)  

And Steve has said The Things.  - -his intensity, the amount of caring he shows when he says his lines , the rightness of his moral compass, has made him the conscience of the series.  The whole point is he's the best of us (emphasis on 'us').  Cap shows a great love for this place and he places great value on our lives.   So, that's fake?   I don't buy it.   What i mean is if Feige chooses Cap to do the big reveal of what's coming next, I'll respond the way they want me to at first, by saying "Whoa!  WTF???"   But then I'd continue saying, "No, really.  WTF!  This undercuts the entire series ....in a bad way."  

I guess I'm demanding more avenger deaths, then?   Maybe all of 'em, like in Tony's scarlet vision.  Maybe he sacrifices himself first to try to change things but it doesn't work and Cap still dies too.  And neither are the spoiler death.

I don't know which avenger (s) , if any , actually would be a 'great' candidate for ^ this business.   They're all likeable because of how much they resonate with us due to being like us.   They've been trying too hard on our behalf to be part of the upcoming silliness.   If Cap was truly unaware of it, like the Terminator 4 hybrid character, then maybe...

Virtue signaling? really?

I spoilered what I did because I really think the scene will end up in Infinity War in some form. Beyond that, I think there is a difference between speculation and informed speculation. The lego sets aren't always accurate, but they do sometimes provide interesting information about the movie. 

As for the deaths, all the main Avengers returned to film #4. So if Tony or Cap dies I'd guess It'll be there. Though there may be some time travel shenanigans involved in these movies. I won't trust any death in Infinity War as permanent until they stay dead in Untitled Avengers Movie. 

One of the more interesting bits of information from the recently release on set interviews is that Ant-Man and the Wasp is The Most Connected to Avengers: Infinity War. Maybe Ant-Man takes a few Avengers to the quantum realm to survive thanos? or maybe his powers somehow enable the time\dimension traveling adventure I suspect Avengers 4 will be. 

Archived