Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

Some scattered thoughts:

Speculation spoilers I guess:

So Gamora is probably talking to Thor here. And I guess Tony is asking Banner 'tell me his name' as he looks to be in the Sanctum that Banner crashes into.

Peter climbing out of bus windows is not a good way to hide your identity.

Love the rocket on Iron Man's feet.

Black Widow immediately sassing Okoye.

I still have no idea where the old technology browny planet place is. We see what is probably it later, and it has all sorts of weird looking ships crashed on it.

Is the green child with Thanos a film version of Thane? Or a Gamora clone?

Is the ruined place where Loki presumably gives the Tesseract to Thanos and the Order, the Ragnarok ship? Cos that really doesn't look good for the whole Asgard is a people idea.

Cool brief shot of Quill (I think) running on Stranges disks.

Love the Maw Strange magic fight, in the comics Maw gets the better of that exchange. Wonder if that'll be the case here? Thanos will get the Stone from him you'd imagine.

The Alien mooks attacking Wakanda appear to be Outriders.

HE IS SPIDER MAN DAMN IT!

I think this trailer reveals that there is no secret stone in Wakanda, but that Tony and the others formulate a plan to move whatever stones they have left there (after the initial attack), to benefit from Wakanda's superior technology and badass army in their defense of the stones.

1 hour ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

So are Ant Man and Hawkeye just not in it?

They may not have large roles but they are in it according to the official cast list.

Edit: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/14/avengers-infinity-war-hawkeye-costume-solo-journey-/?__twitter_impression=true

53 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

And Nick Fury?

Whatever happened to him?

I'm not sure if he's in this one, but he posted a picture to twitter of a mold they made of his face for Captain Marvel the other day. I know he and Maria Hill are supposed to be in Avengers 4. 

1 hour ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Thano is better off wearing that helmet; otherwise, he looks like a deformed grape.

BTW, it might not actually be Tony Stark inside Veronica (aka the hulkbuster armor).

Which may not be new news but I couldn't resist.

We'd discussed it before, even before the supposed leak about it.

It's very very obvious in the trailer once you know to look for it actually- you see at one point the Hulkbuster gets jumped and downed by a bunch of Outriders, and I'm absolutely sure that that is the point at which Hulk goes RAAAAAAAARH and busts out of it. Unless he doesn't and that's the twist following his issues in Thor Ragnarok, but I'd be amazed if we didn't see Hulk in this.

4 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Well, it could just be the editing for the trailer but it looks like Thanos is leaping towards Cap and got stopped in his tracks.

Definitely editing. When he leaps, it's all doomy red burning in the background. When he's hand-to-hand with Cap, it's a forest.

Don't worry guys, there's poster with Hawkeye and Ant Man now:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYcyaU2U8AEoN5j.jpg

And it's already got a record:

Disney-Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War” has needed only six hours to break Fandango’s record for best-selling superhero movie in the first 24 hours of presales.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/avengers-infinity-war-fandango-record-1202729194/

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Some scattered thoughts:

Speculation spoilers I guess:

So Gamora is probably talking to Thor here. And I guess Tony is asking Banner 'tell me his name' as he looks to be in the Sanctum that Banner crashes into.

Peter climbing out of bus windows is not a good way to hide your identity.

Love the rocket on Iron Man's feet.

Black Widow immediately sassing Okoye.

I still have no idea where the old technology browny planet place is. We see what is probably it later, and it has all sorts of weird looking ships crashed on it.

Is the green child with Thanos a film version of Thane? Or a Gamora clone?

Is the ruined place where Loki presumably gives the Tesseract to Thanos and the Order, the Ragnarok ship? Cos that really doesn't look good for the whole Asgard is a people idea.

Cool brief shot of Quill (I think) running on Stranges disks.

Love the Maw Strange magic fight, in the comics Maw gets the better of that exchange. Wonder if that'll be the case here? Thanos will get the Stone from him you'd imagine.

The Alien mooks attacking Wakanda appear to be Outriders.

HE IS SPIDER MAN DAMN IT!

I'm 99% sure the brown planet is Xandar, devastated by Thanos, with the Nova Corp destroyed. I recognized a couple of the buildings from the first Guardians film.

The green child is young Gamora and a flashback showing how Thanos came to "adopt" her, and destroyed her homeworld.

I think my enjoyment of Black Panther was decreased by over exposure to trailers. So I am avoiding all Infinity War trailers. I've deliberately avoided the latest one and will not seek out any others that come along before the movie releases.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, Corvinus said:

took me awhile to find Ant Man. :P

They should make Antman a running gag like the cameos by the old man.  Just give Antman billing at the start of every movie.   Then don't have Rudd appear, so people ask Where was Antman?   Then have Feige announce that Antman was in fact in the movie, and had his own mini plotline, and it's not marvel's fault if you missed it.  Then everybody goes back to search for a tiny Antman frame by frame, Waldo style.

Archived