Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

this is probably discussed elsewhere on the thread but I'm guessing Carol Danvers either has a "I'm not ageing" superpower or winds up in some odd time dilation/trap and hatches out in Avengers:Infinity? Otherwise it seems very odd - especially with the reverse ageing with Fury and Coulson being present. Jackson can probably pull it off (he doesn't look much older than he did in pulp fiction) but the actor playing Coulson will have had to look old ahead of his time in the prequel setting.

9 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Is civil war available on tv yet?         When i check for it, i feel like the guy combing the desert with a fro pick in Spaceballs.   (I ain't found shit)

I read that some station or another was going to do an entire marathon of the entire MCU leading up to the release of Infinity War.  So I assume Civil War is available somewhere.

22 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Is civil war available on tv yet?         When i check for it, i feel like the guy combing the desert with a fro pick in Spaceballs.   (I ain't found shit)

If you have Netflix, you can find it there. (in the US, at least)

On 3/28/2018 at 2:01 AM, The Anti-Targ said:

I'm talking about Agent May, not Ming-Na Wen. In my mind Agent May is about 35 years old at most. Which means in 1995 she's 17/18. Coulsen is late 40s, so in 1995 he's mid twenties at the least. Fury is well into his fifties at the current time.

No way. May is at least 40, older by now. In 1995 she'd be easily old enough to be a SHIELD agent. 

Has her age ever been stated? Can we not assume she’s as old as the actress playing her? Which puts her at 27 - 37 in the nineties. She can easily pass for 37 ... hell, not just pass, she looks about that age. Admittedly it’s hard to see a 54 year old SHIELD agent, but then it’s hard to see a 54 year old playing one, and here we are.

I thought the de-aging on Michael Douglas in Ant-Man was very impressive, if that’s improved even a little bit then they have options. But I think Jackson, Gregg and Wen can all get by with just make-up and hairstyles.

17 hours ago, Corvinus said:

If you have Netflix, you can find it there. (in the US, at least)

UK has it too.

I think some YouTube edited Thanos collection would be more practical than watching all the films again. All those post credit scenes, where the gotg characters explain their Thanos links, all of civil war. That probably covers most in terms of informing infinity war. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, RumHam said:

Not that we've seen much of her in the trailers, but I did not realize Proxima Midnight was played by Carrie Coon from The Leftovers and Fargo season three. 

What a waste.

4 hours ago, Ran said:

What a waste.

Yeah, it seemed like odd casting. But maybe she's just drawn to projects where a certain percentage of the population suddenly stops existing. 

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if any of Thanos's Black Order are more than just throwaway henchmen characters despite that casting decision. I don't know how you introduce those characters and keep them threatening with 30 A+ actors on the other side while also fleshing out Thanos for what is practically the first time.  Also seems interesting that this is the first time we're hearing about Coon given the movie is being released next week.

Edit: Now I'm wondering if there's a longer term plan to use the Black Order as villains in Phase 4.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Edit: Now I'm wondering if there's a longer term plan to use the Black Order as villains in Phase 4.

Maybe in individual films for whichever character they become relevant to- most likely the Guardians?
I'm fully expecting the overarching Phase 4 villain to be Doctor Doom though.

23 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Maybe in individual films for whichever character they become relevant to- most likely the Guardians?
I'm fully expecting the overarching Phase 4 villain to be Doctor Doom though.

How can they do Doctor Doom? He's still tied up with the Fantastic Four and that weird collection, no?

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

How can they do Doctor Doom? He's still tied up with the Fantastic Four and that weird collection, no?

By the time phase 4 is ready to start, the Disney-Fox deal should be complete, and the MCU will have access to all those characters.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if any of Thanos's Black Order are more than just throwaway henchmen characters despite that casting decision. I don't know how you introduce those characters and keep them threatening with 30 A+ actors on the other side while also fleshing out Thanos for what is practically the first time.  Also seems interesting that this is the first time we're hearing about Coon given the movie is being released next week.

There's a rumor that Dinklage is playing Cull Obsidian too, but all that's confirmed about him is that he's in the movie in some capacity. Though if he was playing Cull Obsidian, that might explain why they changed the characters name from Black Dwarf?

Just now, Corvinus said:

By the time phase 4 is ready to start, the Disney-Fox deal should be complete, and the MCU will have access to all those characters.

Yeah, this. It might come a bit too late given that they'll have to be planning phase 4 already, but if at all possible I fully expect them to utilise, and try to fix the reputation of, Doom as soon as they can.

But maybe it's just wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, this. It might come a bit too late given that they'll have to be planning phase 4 already, but if at all possible I fully expect them to utilise, and try to fix the reputation of, Doom as soon as they can.

But maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I hadn't considered the idea of a multi-movie overarching villain for Phase 4 like Thanos because.. what's going to top Thanos and the Infinity War? I could see Doctor Doom. Possibly a celestial being like Galactus though I think he lacks character. We're already getting Dark Phoenix round 2 and I hope we don't get a round 3 (even if it is Marvel Studios doing the storytelling). Ditto with Apocalypse. So who's left?

43 minutes ago, RumHam said:

There's a rumor that Dinklage is playing Cull Obsidian too, but all that's confirmed about him is that he's in the movie in some capacity. Though if he was playing Cull Obsidian, that might explain why they changed the characters name from Black Dwarf?

Feige did say that some big names would voice some of the characters, where someone else is doing the motion capture performance.

Archived