Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

4 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

I had the ending spoilered reading a fairly mainstream website. I didn't click on the article, they put it in the title and a picture. It didn't convey all the details, but it was pretty bad. I'd suggest a media diet.

Which one out of interest?

Not seeing it until Tuesday. No Twitter, No Facebook, No news sites until then.

10 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

I had the ending spoilered reading a fairly mainstream website. I didn't click on the article, they put it in the title and a picture. It didn't convey all the details, but it was pretty bad. I'd suggest a media diet.

Google news item is the one that catches me out usually but photo/memes are virtually impossible to avoid if they appear on the phone. Mainstream websites really should know better.

Most of the reviews I've encountered (most after seeing the film) have been very considerate. I look forward to some of my preferred reviewers doing a spoiler review in a week or two's time as they pointed out how difficult it is to discuss without spoiling anything (eg they had a problem with the film but couldn't tell the viewer what it was because it was a spoiler). I honestly think I'd block a newsite for several weeks and always avoid surrounding a movie release I'm interested in if they intentionally (because an accident is inexcusable for a "professional" endeavour).

19 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Antman and Wasp!

I just came in here to share that!  Looks awesome.

Marvel can do no wrong in my mind.

22 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Antman and Wasp!

That looks fun!

I remember that Ghost character from an Iron man comic when I was younger.  I don't remember much about what happened, but I remember Iron man dealing with them at one point.

4 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Just found out in the UK we get Ant-Man and the Wasp a whole frickin MONTH after the US? Something to do with the World Cup apparently .... as if football doesn’t ruin enough things already.

Oh for fucks sake. Why did we invent that bloody game?

15 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Just found out in the UK we get Ant-Man and the Wasp a whole frickin MONTH after the US? Something to do with the World Cup apparently .... as if football doesn’t ruin enough things already.

From a non-British guy's perspective, this makes no sense. In the US, if you have a big sporting event, like say, the SuperBowl, movie theaters don't shut down that weekend because they believe no one is going to attend. Are you telling me that for roughly a month, British movie theaters are going to be largely empty due to the World Cup?

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

From a non-British guy's perspective, this makes no sense. In the US, if you have a big sporting event, like say, the SuperBowl, movie theaters don't shut down that weekend because they believe no one is going to attend. Are you telling me that for roughly a month, British movie theaters are going to be largely empty due to the World Cup?

Well nerds and football fans famously have a lot of cross over.

It could also be due to the Incredibles 2 being still in Cinemas :dunno: And they don;t want to be in competition with themselves.

It's not the World Cup, or at least not purely. That ends on the 14th of July, so even if it makes sense to be concerned about that keeping cinemas empty, there's an extra what, three weeks unaccounted for.

I'd say it almost certainly is the Incredibles especially since both are superhero films - although the scheduled release for Incredibles is actually a week later than the US release of Ant-Man (on the last weekend of the WC, as it goes). Really don't know why Pixar still keep this release gap between the US and Europe/the UK. And then Mission Impossible hits and they probably want to clear that.

23 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Well nerds and football fans famously have a lot of cross over.

Well to be fair football fans crossover with everyone, especially during World Cup years. So I can see it hitting attendance figures.

8 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Antman and Wasp!

That was a very fun trailer, I think it's fair to say they may be trying to lighten the mood a bit after Infinite War (particularly with the drum-playing ant). Judging by the logo on his shirt, it does look like Michael Pena may have started a security company and named it X-Con, which is exactly the sort of ridiculous thing I'd expect from his character.

12 hours ago, williamjm said:

That was a very fun trailer, I think it's fair to say they may be trying to lighten the mood a bit after Infinite War (particularly with the drum-playing ant). Judging by the logo on his shirt, it does look like Michael Pena may have started a security company and named it X-Con, which is exactly the sort of ridiculous thing I'd expect from his character.

I missed the X-Con name! :lol: Yeah, this looks like a fun break from the war.

I just noticed that Black Panther was still number 7 at the box office this week with $3.1m.

Out of curiosity I looked up when it is releasing on Blu Ray.  It comes out for digital release tomorrow :stunned: and on disc a week from tomorrow.  That blows my mind.  It will still be in the top ten at the box office after it has been released for home viewing.  :stunned: 

Ant Man and the Wasp looks like fun.

Very smart move by Marvel to have two other films in between the Infinity War installments.

Both Ant Man II and Captain Marvel will, I suspect, get a massive boost to their box offices due to fans desperate to get a Marvel "fix" in between Infinity Wars and glean any tiny bits of information.

Archived