Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

18 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Question: Do we know who the presumably Skrull villains are in Captain Marvel? I'm assuming it's going to be Ben Mendehlson because he's ripe to be typecasted as a bad guy.

I'm imagining he'll be a lieutenant of Ronans.

He probably has been overseeing the creation of a device that accuses people. Ronan then takes credit for it, and takes the mantle of Ronan the Accuser.

http://thewertzone.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/brooklyn-nine-nine-saved-by-nbc-more.html?m=1

@Werthead raises a possibility I hadn’t thought of here; that Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix shows could be continued, but brought into Disney’s own streaming service. I assumed they’d be cancelled or cut lose to make way for a show that’s really in the MCU. But I’d absolutely love it if this happened. I love Coulson, but if they killed him off to make the integration less awkward (Whedon is entirely right that Coulson surviving the Avengers takes something away from the film) it’d make sense. I said previously (forget which thread) that the MCU can’t trump Infinity War, that is surely the most amount of characters a film can handle, and so better integration with the TV side is the only way it can grow. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Looks like we're getting Mysterio in Spider-Man 2. Plus Keaton's coming back which is good news. I'm sure Mando will be back as the Scorpion. 

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-spider-man-2-tom-holland-1202719941/

Interesting.  Wasn't Gyllenhaal considered at one point as a replacement for Tobey Maguire for the role of Spidey either in Spidey 3 or the aborted Spidey 4?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, The BelgianBear said:

I don't like he idea that Ronan is a bad guy in Captain Marvel. My understanding is that Ronan helps Carol get to grips with her abilities in the comics, and I think it would be good for Ronan to have a narrative arc that takes him from being a good guy through to his eventual downfall as a pawn and failed usurper of Thanos. That's more interesting to me than Ronan just being a straight up villain. Though it sounds like they are just going with him being a villain, so I'm already a bit disappointed in the movie.

I was going by how much they'd simplified the character in Guardians. It'd be a bit weird to suggest a more complicated character, develops into this one note zealot. Especially since audiences will know him as the planet murdering guy we've met before. Marvel's villain track record would suggest otherwise.

11 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I don't like he idea that Ronan is a bad guy in Captain Marvel. My understanding is that Ronan helps Carol get to grips with her abilities in the comics, and I think it would be good for Ronan to have a narrative arc that takes him from being a good guy through to his eventual downfall as a pawn and failed usurper of Thanos. That's more interesting to me than Ronan just being a straight up villain. Though it sounds like they are just going with him being a villain, so I'm already a bit disappointed in the movie.

I didn't know that about Ronan's history but I'd be surprised if it doesn't remain in the film. Marvel film/TV loves the mentor/sidekick turn nemesis trope.

If they used Ronan as the primary villain in Cap Marvel, I think it would cause continuity problems in GotG.

If Marvel has to take down Ronan, then how/why is she absent when he tries to destroy Nova Corps and the entire planet?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived