I Got Insta-Banned From Twitter

Spockydog

...for suggesting that Piers Morgan and Donald Trump were a pair of sub-human super cunts.

Fair comment, you might say. At first, I was annoyed, but since being banned I'm finding the Internet a much less infuriating place.

I've decided not to bother begging Twitter to reinstate my account. Can anyone recommend any new up and coming alternative platforms?

12 minutes ago, dr. thicc president said:

mastodon?

also, i know the twitter “threat response” system is fucking horrible, but were you really banned for that? or just suspended/put in time out?

Here's an excerpt from Twitter's email...

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that your account features will remain locked or limited indefinitely due to violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically our hateful conduct policy.

We do not allow people to promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease.

I've been blocked since about 10pm last night.

This is my first transgression, and my account was locked minutes after posting the tweet. I was responding to a whiney tweet from Piers Morgan where he posted a mocked-up picture of him blowing Trump. Seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

It seems to me that Twitter lets the Nazis and their ilk get away with far, far worse.

55 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

...for suggesting that Piers Morgan and Donald Trump were a pair of sub-human super cunts.

Fair comment, you might say. At first, I was annoyed, but since being banned I'm finding the Internet a much less infuriating place.

I've decided not to bother begging Twitter to reinstate my account. Can anyone recommend any new up and coming alternative platforms?

I dunno. It seems you were simply stating an inarguable fact and the onus should be on Twitter to prove the contrary, which of course would be impossible.

I was banned (one week) for telling Hillary she was darned and going to girl-heck and that Mr. President Trump he was darned and going to boy-heck.   They claimed I'd violated the same policy which was nonsense because it was love and not hate that motivated my tweets.  I do not believe in predestination and sincerely hoped that they would change their views, which would reprogram their eternal GPS destination, so to speak.  

Twitter will reinstate your account at some point, god bless.  And I'd avoid the C word in the future, it's pretty Crass, LOL!

31 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Here's an excerpt from Twitter's email...

I've been blocked since about 10pm last night.

This is my first transgression, and my account was locked minutes after posting the tweet. I was responding to a whiney tweet from Piers Morgan where he posted a mocked-up picture of him blowing Trump. Seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

It seems to me that Twitter lets the Nazis and their ilk get away with far, far worse.

If it's the image I'm thinking of, Mr. Morgan is actually licking out Trump's anus. Precision counts, sir. And there was a whole video presentation containing a penetrating analysis of Piers Morgan's journalistic style. It is actually informational programming from the BBC:

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

If it's the image I'm thinking of, Mr. Morgan is actually licking out Trump's anus. Precision counts, sir. And there was a whole video presentation containing a penetrating analysis of Piers Morgan's journalistic style. It is actually informational programming.

Yeah, that's the one.And it was the third or fourth time he'd posted it! What a cunt! 

I'm glad I was able to help contextualize that image for people (and get more people to see that video). Pretty sure that already makes me more of a journalist than Piers Morgan. Once I learn to access other people's phone voicemail systems, I'll put in for a job with Rupert Murdoch.

Archived