Winter Olympics, where small countries can win big!

BigFatCoward

11 minutes ago, Altherion said:

The Germans had better teamwork, but the Russian players were clearly better and not just by a little bit. In the end, the latter proved to be just a tiny bit more important.

The German player that got called for high sticking cost them gold. Terrible penalty. 

Did anybody see the womens 30km cross country f'ck up?  The austrian in second skiied the wrong way and lost a certain medal, probably silver.  Apparently her dad was commentating on Austrian TV as well, i'd love to have listened to that commentary. 

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Did anybody see the womens 30km cross country f'ck up?  The austrian in second skiied the wrong way and lost a certain medal, probably silver.  Apparently her dad was commentating on Austrian TV as well, i'd love to have listened to that commentary. 

My cable company is showing that race on NBC right now.

20 hours ago, Altherion said:

I despise the way NBC (i.e. the American channel with rights to broadcast this Olympics) is covering this. Instead of showing the live hockey gold medal game, they're showing some race that happened yesterday and even then they're skipping parts of it. Grrr...

Could not agree more, NBC has been terrible with their coverage but it's not surprising considering they always suck at covering the Olympics, summer or winter

I heard this quote today on a podcast that was discussing the Olympics in general: “A shout out to Scotland for inventing every sport but never winning any of them. Just a tiny sports laboratory cranking out sports for the good of the world and then getting drunk enough to invent more sports.” 

15 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I heard this quote today on a podcast that was discussing the Olympics in general: “A shout out to Scotland for inventing every sport but never winning any of them. Just a tiny sports laboratory cranking out sports for the good of the world and then getting drunk enough to invent more sports.” 

You're welcome.

It does remind me a bit of this QI episode on Scottish inventions.

Archived