Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BigFatCoward

Winter Olympics, where small countries can win big!

Recommended Posts

Thought the Germans pulled off the upset against Russia. Gonna be a heartbreaker if they can’t pull this out in OT or the SO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Germans had better teamwork, but the Russian players were clearly better and not just by a little bit. In the end, the latter proved to be just a tiny bit more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Altherion said:

The Germans had better teamwork, but the Russian players were clearly better and not just by a little bit. In the end, the latter proved to be just a tiny bit more important.

The German player that got called for high sticking cost them gold. Terrible penalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anybody see the womens 30km cross country f'ck up?  The austrian in second skiied the wrong way and lost a certain medal, probably silver.  Apparently her dad was commentating on Austrian TV as well, i'd love to have listened to that commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Did anybody see the womens 30km cross country f'ck up?  The austrian in second skiied the wrong way and lost a certain medal, probably silver.  Apparently her dad was commentating on Austrian TV as well, i'd love to have listened to that commentary. 

My cable company is showing that race on NBC right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

My cable company is showing that race on NBC right now.

Even better, apparently she did it again later on off camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Altherion said:

I despise the way NBC (i.e. the American channel with rights to broadcast this Olympics) is covering this. Instead of showing the live hockey gold medal game, they're showing some race that happened yesterday and even then they're skipping parts of it. Grrr...

Could not agree more, NBC has been terrible with their coverage but it's not surprising considering they always suck at covering the Olympics, summer or winter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 300 flying drone stars/heart/white tiger was absolutely beautiful and flawlessly executed by the Korean hosts, really impressive feature of that cloosing ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard this quote today on a podcast that was discussing the Olympics in general: “A shout out to Scotland for inventing every sport but never winning any of them. Just a tiny sports laboratory cranking out sports for the good of the world and then getting drunk enough to invent more sports.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I heard this quote today on a podcast that was discussing the Olympics in general: “A shout out to Scotland for inventing every sport but never winning any of them. Just a tiny sports laboratory cranking out sports for the good of the world and then getting drunk enough to invent more sports.” 

You're welcome.

It does remind me a bit of this QI episode on Scottish inventions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×