Jump to content
Canon Claude

Spare one of these villains from execution and explain why

Recommended Posts

I'd spare Walder Frey, so he can be informed that his son Emmon is hanging by the balls at the gate of Riverrun, and how his son Hosteen is trying to swim in a frozen lake near Winterfell, etc. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qyburn but not for altruistic reasons.  Merely because she is obsessed with the dead, life after death (Ser Robert Strong) and he was kicked out of the citadel yes because his immorality when it comes to experiments and because he is just too bold in terms of what lines he is prepared to cross.

This man is of course very, very dangerous and happy to inflict terrible pain and suffering.  Now, with the thread of the Others, his obsession with the dead, and undead, could through some light on their nature and perhaps strengths and vulnerabilities.  He would be the most highly guarded prisoner in history, of course but he may have his uses, so having to chose from the above list, he is the only one I can think could indirectly be of some use to the Living Team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd spare all of them. Death penalty is just dumb and simple-minded. It makes for a far more interesting vengeance to keep them alive in jail while they are forced to watch how my triumph is absolute, their legacy obliterated, and all Westeros learns to curse their names. And they have more value as hostages than as cadavers. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Qyburn but not for altruistic reasons.  Merely because she is obsessed with the dead, life after death (Ser Robert Strong) and he was kicked out of the citadel yes because his immorality when it comes to experiments and because he is just too bold in terms of what lines he is prepared to cross.

This man is of course very, very dangerous and happy to inflict terrible pain and suffering.  Now, with the thread of the Others, his obsession with the dead, and undead, could through some light on their nature and perhaps strengths and vulnerabilities.  He would be the most highly guarded prisoner in history, of course but he may have his uses, so having to chose from the above list, he is the only one I can think could indirectly be of some use to the Living Team.

I agree! 

Qyburn, knowing Marwyn as he does, might be able to assist in the wars to come. If the two are really friends then keeping Qyburn around might help to quickly bring Marwyn to side. He's a very skilled healer, judging by Jaime's hand, so might also be of use in some medical capacity.

Torturing Euron and The Weeper before hanging them could be of use to - I'm sure Greyjoy would have a few secrets to spill in relation to the harnessing of magic and ol' Weepy could perhaps give details on northern terrain, movement in winter etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

I'd spare all of them. Death penalty is just dumb and simple-minded. It makes for a far more interesting vengeance to keep them alive in jail while they are forced to watch how my triumph is absolute, their legacy obliterated, and all Westeros learns to curse their names. And they have more value as hostages than as cadavers. :)

I am totally against the death penalty in real life, and more so in those times where someone like Tyrion nearly fried for something he had absolutely nothing to do with lol but there was a ton of circumstantial evidence against him and his wife...  Still, it has to be acknowledged, and if I were in charge I would surely do, that some of these characters (from Tyrion, to the Blackfish too many, even Theon - good or bad or medium) have a habit of escaping.... So, in my mind, it would be "can I take the risk or them escaping to cause yet more havoc???! So in ASOIAF I would probably execute if in doubt, for the further good lol.  Now with this list all possibly but I made an exception for the one, that under duress mayhaps, may tell us something useful.  

lol I am not Tywin in real life :) but thinking like him can be useful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

They’re all on the gallows, pleading for your mercy. The title says the rest.

1. Euron Greyjoy

2. Ramsay Bolton

3. Qyburn 

4. Black Walder Frey

5. The Weeper

I would let them all go because I am bored with waiting for the next book 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Black Walder Frey.  King's Landing approved the red wedding.  So technically, this man should not be on the gallows.  

 Not true. Tywin green-lighted Robb's killing but not the RW. He learned about that after the fact and was not pleased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

They’re all on the gallows, pleading for your mercy. The title says the rest.

1. Euron Greyjoy

2. Ramsay Bolton

3. Qyburn 

4. Black Walder Frey

5. The Weeper

Oh my, I get to be the judge, decide whether a person lives or dies and pass the sentence.

1.Euron Greyjoy  --- nope, no can grant clemency for various reasons.

2. Ramsay Bolton --- nope, no can grant clemency for various reasons.

3. Qyburn --- nope, no can do for various reasons.

4. Black Walder Frey --- a maybe.

5. The Weeper ----  nope, no can grant clemency for various reasons.

I use the term various reasons because I do not wish to repeat the graphic atrocities the fictional characters committed.

None of those characters would want me overseeing their case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

They’re all on the gallows, pleading for your mercy. The title says the rest.

1. Euron Greyjoy

2. Ramsay Bolton

3. Qyburn 

4. Black Walder Frey

5. The Weeper

Where the fuck are Bloody mummers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with the weeper, since he's a wildling and laws of the seven kingdoms stop at the wall. They're all pretty terrible human beings, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Qyburn, knowing Marwyn as he does, might be able to assist in the wars to come. If the two are really friends then keeping Qyburn around might help to quickly bring Marwyn to side. He's a very skilled healer, judging by Jaime's hand, so might also be of use in some medical capacity.

I posted a thread argueing Qyburn should't die.

My reasoning was he's a genuis to which the world would be lucky to see again in a thousand years if ever.

He beat death to (to a degree), within the span of a year.

He created a literal zombie.

Imagine what he could he accomplice if he was tasked and given the means to use his gifts for good? Imagine how many cures for  diseases could he cure, what mysteries of the human body could be unlocked, how many lives can he save? You know he reminds me of the Nazi scientist  who'd defected over to the Americans. Werhner Vaun Braun wasn't a Facist the Nazis were but a means to an end to do a research doubtless if Qyburn had another retainer with benighn intentions instead of Cersi whose a psychopath he coould do a lot of good in the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

very dangerous and happy to inflict terrible pain a

I'm never given the impression he's a sadist-just that he's apathetic to the pain his experiments cause the subjects-kinda like Dr.Moreau. He doesn't rejoice in the pain but the thrill of searching for knowledge and discovering new things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I posted a thread argueing Qyburn should't die.

My reasoning was he's a genuis to which the world would be lucky to see again in a thousand years if ever.

He beat death to (to a degree), within the span of a year.

He created a literal zombie.

Imagine what he could he accomplice if he was tasked and given the means to use his gifts for good? Imagine how many cures for  diseases could he cure, what mysteries of the human body could be unlocked, how many lives can he save? You know he reminds me of the Nazi scientist  who'd defected over to the Americans. Werhner Vaun Braun wasn't a Facist the Nazis were but a means to an end to do a research doubtless if Qyburn had another retainer with benighn intentions instead of Cersi whose a psychopath he coould do a lot of good in the world

Pfft! Give me a fucking break!

First off, Cercei has nothing to do with the methods Qyburn uses to advance his research. There is a reason he was booted from the Citadel, and that was long before Cercei influenced him.  

Secondly, what makes you think he is a genius? How do you know that every Maester isn't capable of performing all of the procedures that Qyburn has? He tortures and experiments on live subjects; I'm sure should the Citadel endorse these types of appalling methods, they would have been capable of making huge advances in this field. 

No matter what your goals are, putting someone through the terrifyingly horrid and painful ordeal that the poor, innocent girls like Falyse Stokeworth had to endure before being murdered, is NOT "doing a lot of good in the world."

Seriously dude? You're all over men like Robb and Jon, claiming that they intentionally cause suffering because they are selfish, but men like Walder and Qyburn are just poor victims of circumstance. Talk about insincere, feigned arguments just for the sake of being contrarian. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackwater Revenant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

First off, Cercei has nothing to do with the methods Qyburn uses to advance his research. There is a reason he was booted from the Citadel, and that was long before Cercei influenced him.  

 

I didn't say Cersi did-I argued a person with benighn intentions could use his talents for a good cause. He like I said is apathetic to the pain his experiments cause people-he's ultimately just more curious on what his results his experiments will yield and doesn't care about the level of distress on the subjects unless he's literally forced to.

37 minutes ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

Secondly, what makes you think he is a genius? How do you know that every Maester isn't capable of performing all of the procedures that Qyburn has? He tortures and experiments on live subjects. I'm sure should the Citadel endorse these types of appalling methods, they would have been capable of making huge advances in this field. 

The fact he literally beat death-to an extent.

If every Maestor could do anything close to what had done with Gregore someone would have blabbed-either for profit or to save their own life or let it slip that they could do anything close.

Mostly we see Maestors as doctors, historians, teachers. Keeping thousands of years of knowledge preserved not innovating.  

Qyburn does not care about his subjects well-being.

They are literal lab rats to him.

Ethics are seen as but shackles to him true.

The citadel may have been able to if they discarded ethics.

Maybe, they'd make little more progress or wouldn't suceed getting anywhere close to accomplishing what Qyburn did..

I don't know. You don't know. All really have to go on is Qyburn is intelligent enough to commit a scientific procedure that gives man the ability to resurect the dead-to a degree at least. And such a man needs to be exploited for all knowledge until nothing more could be extracted from his head.

Until another Maestor shows anywhere near the scientific aptitude Qyburn has, or its revealed Qyburn had merely performed an age old trick that any Maestor or anyone could do following a list of instructions: I say hold off making a noose.

 

37 minutes ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

No matter what your goals are, putting someone through the terrifyingly horrid and painful ordeal that the poor, innocent girls like Falyse Stokeworth had to endure before being murdered, is NOT "doing a lot of good in the world."

Neither is taking a shit. He's done plenty of those too. Did I say it was? No. Did I say what he had done to Gregore "was doing a lot of good in the world" hell no.  I'm  arguing if the right person was in command of this monster Qyburn could be used to do a lot of good in the world. 

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×