Counterpart Starz Series (SPOILERS)

Astromech

4 hours ago, The Unborn said:

Hide contents

Isn't it fucked up to add a baby to that situation ? My god. I wonder if she really did kill her counterpart, and when did she switch ? What was her life like on the otherside ? (maybe her dad is not working for the agency, maybe she's not married to Quayle...) And Quayle... You really have to be oblivious/incompetent to NOT realize your wife was switched, unless he always only known her and never met the other? I know the dad said she was different theses last couple weeks/months, but it doesn't mean that's when the change occured. Now poor Quayle could potentially be killed by Aldrich and his men.  

Can't wait for next sunday !

As to your spoiler tag, it makes me question Anna Burton Silk and her counterpart. Could her counterpart, Howard Silk's daughter actually still be alive and in the School?

4 hours ago, The Unborn said:

Yup it was a really good episode. I know it had been theorized a lot that 

Reveal hidden contents

Clare was Quayle's wife

, but I liked the reveal, it was nicely done. 

Reveal hidden contents

Isn't it fucked up to add a baby to that situation ? My god. I wonder if she really did kill her counterpart, and when did she switch ? What was her life like on the otherside ? (maybe her dad is not working for the agency, maybe she's not married to Quayle...) And Quayle... You really have to be oblivious/incompetent to NOT realize your wife was switched, unless he always only known her and never met the other? I know the dad said she was different theses last couple weeks/months, but it doesn't mean that's when the change occured. Now poor Quayle could potentially be killed by Aldrich and his men.  

Can't wait for next sunday !

Spoiler

I think she was replaced sometime between the marriage and Quayle being promoted.   Since it appears they killed his predecessor to get him promoted.  I wonder if that is why Quayle started going to prostitutes, he felt something had been lost in the marriage.

Damn, that one scene with young Clare was tough to watch.

Quayle's effort to stump Clare at the party was a really good scene.

Towards the end of the episode, I was wondering if Quayle or his counterpart is Spencer.

1 hour ago, Leofric said:

His toast at the end to "... to the woman he fell in love with" was heartbreaking.

It will be interesting to watch the dynamic between the two in upcoming episodes since Clare now knows Quayle, at the least, suspects her.

One aspect that was irritating me, however, was the lack of security allowing Clare to so easily travel to the other side. Since Quayle is part of strategy, you think they would be extra cautious of his wife/fiancee counterpart traveling over, or simply not allowing it. Sure, the security may be technologically ancient with polaroids, but that would still be extremely effective for stopping the counterparts of high-ranking citizens and their relatives from traveling over in order to infiltrate.

He doesn't suspect her, he knows. She did come clean at the end when she said she never had anything to herself and then they showed when she delivered her baby. I think shw was genuine in that exchange. Quayle always has been a cheater, and Prime Clare came at the perfect time to make the switch. So if anything ever sounded off with her, it could be attributed to that moment.

For the immigration part, that has been answered, I guess. Look at Pope, the corruption, the diplomate on Alpha world. They have guys placed on both sides and they are probably forging documents.

I guess Emily stumble on it(still don't know how) and that's why she was run over by a truck, and then Baldwin tried to finish the job. 

I have been thinking about the flu. "The School" is using the flu pandemic to control those kids, to create sleeper agents that will do as they are told because they hate Alpha world for what they did to them. Maybe Alpha world has nothing to do with it, or MAYBE they did and Prime knows because... they were planning very same thing ?

Also, banning bacon ? Gtfoh !:P

That interface scene with the Howards was one of the best of the season.

Peter Quayle is such a  weasel, but his decision bodes well for the rest of the season. This should be fun.

Wow, that was a fine penultimate episode.

I'm wondering what the ultimate goal of the three infiltrating operatives is.

Peter Quayle is the one character on this show I hate. Great character, but I hate him.

And looks like Howard Silk finally got a reality wake up call and knows he has to go back to his actual life.

15 hours ago, Astromech said:

Wow, that was a fine penultimate episode.

I'm wondering what the ultimate goal of the three infiltrating operatives is.

Peter Quayle is the one character on this show I hate. Great character, but I hate him.

And looks like Howard Silk finally got a reality wake up call and knows he has to go back to his actual life.

When glasses and the red head first started shooting, it seemed they were targeting specific individuals or possibly sparing specific people, since she walked right past Claire's father without shooting him.  But may have been trying to drive panicked people ahead of them to clear the way to their goals.    It seems the main goal was to clear all the guards out of the crossing point, maybe to establish a beachhead.

55 minutes ago, Leofric said:

When glasses and the red head first started shooting, it seemed they were targeting specific individuals or possibly sparing specific people, since she walked right past Claire's father without shooting him.  But may have been trying to drive panicked people ahead of them to clear the way to their goals.    It seems the main goal was to clear all the guards out of the crossing point, maybe to establish a beachhead.

Yeah, I initially thought Clare's father could be  a plant since they ignored him, but I'm not so sure since he seemed to have no idea wtf was going on. Perhaps he actually did though and was just terrified being in the middle of a shootout. Normal reaction.

I'm not sure what all of the controls they were turning on or off and breaking the keys were for exactly, but probably security protocols. I failed to read those controls.

The writer, Justin Marks, said it was important for the third operative( I think he called him Angel Eyes or something like that) to make it to the crossing spot which is a free zone and creates a number of diplomatic issues for both sides. It will be interesting to see that play out next episode.

15 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Yeah, I initially thought Clare's father could be  a plant since they ignored him, but I'm not so sure since he seemed to have no idea wtf was going on. Perhaps he actually did though and was just terrified being in the middle of a shootout. Normal reaction.

I'm not sure what all of the controls they were turning on or off and breaking the keys were for exactly, but probably security protocols. I failed to read those controls.

The writer, Justin Marks, said it was important for the third operative( I think he called him Angel Eyes or something like that) to make it to the crossing spot which is a free zone and creates a number of diplomatic issues for both sides. It will be interesting to see that play out next episode.

I think the controls provided access to the lower floors and crossover point, Glasses was unlocking all the doors, then breaking off the keys so they couldn't be locked again.   This allowed Angel Eyes to make it, they showed him waiting for a door lock to go green before he started shooting people.

I was wondering why Aldrich couldn't go grab Angel Eyes after he collapsed in the tunnel.  Think that ties back to the protocol that everyone has to cross alone.  

50 minutes ago, Leofric said:

I think the controls provided access to the lower floors and crossover point, Glasses was unlocking all the doors, then breaking off the keys so they couldn't be locked again.   This allowed Angel Eyes to make it, they showed him waiting for a door lock to go green before he started shooting people.

I was wondering why Aldrich couldn't go grab Angel Eyes after he collapsed in the tunnel.  Think that ties back to the protocol that everyone has to cross alone.  

That makes sense. I'm usually exercising while watching, so my attention isn't as close as it should be for this show. I'm kind of dwelling on what Marks said about Angel Eyes making it back to the crossing being important. Perhaps I'm placing too much importance on Marks's statement. I'm wondering if their actual mission failed and Angel Eyes was just trying to reach safety.

It makes me wonder how the crossing actually works. Does each "crosser" experience his/her own crossing, or is there only one actual crossing? Aldrich and the other guy were actually watching him cross, but could they have been blinded to others crossing in parallel crossings, so to speak? Why only one crossing at a time. I remember one of the characters in an earlier episode mentioning something along the lines of each crosser having to experience the crossing alone. I'm curious as to why. I know, keep watching and find out. I love shows that present all of these questions and possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...

The diplomatic meeting was really intriguing. Management was perfect. :) Just a bunch of puppets following orders.

Howard Silk and Prime are blurring their respective lines. A second season is a must.

Peter's plan failed miserably. I was laughing at the scene in the hospital. What a putz.

Baldwin is great. Nice kill count. The Howard Prime/Baldwin tag team was entertaining.

Not as entertaining as the penultimate episode but good set-up for a second season. My favorite new series of 2018.

• 6 months later...

Still a bit pissed how the only legal way of watching this is to pay £5 a month on top of my Amazon prime to watch it on their starz sub channel which seems a bit shitty when the only other show on the channel of interest to me is Mr mercedes. Think I'll hold off until castle rock potentially winds up there. I realise £5 isn't bad for what might be a good show, I just hate the principle of handing Amazon an additional £5 when they already get £6 for my prime account.

Who'd have thought I may come to resent a broadcaster almost as much as BT 

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Still a bit pissed how the only legal way of watching this is to pay £5 a month on top of my Amazon prime to watch it on their starz sub channel which seems a bit shitty when the only other show on the channel of interest to me is Mr mercedes. Think I'll hold off until castle rock potentially winds up there. I realise £5 isn't bad for what might be a good show, I just hate the principle of handing Amazon an additional £5 when they already get £6 for my prime account.

Who'd have thought I may come to resent a broadcaster almost as much as BT 

If I were you, I'd avoid Castle Rock like the plague. It's nothing but a bunch of unlikeable characters and a series of baffling, barely connected events. The ending was infuriating.

Counterpart, though, is amazing and well worth the £15 it will cost to watch it on Amazon/Starz. 

EDIT: I've not subscribed to any of those Amazon sub-channels before. Will Starz put the whole thing up, or drip feed it week by week? If you can binge it, it will only cost you a fiver.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

If I were you, I'd avoid Castle Rock like the plague. It's nothing but a bunch of unlikeable characters and a series of baffling, barely connected events. The ending was infuriating.

Counterpart, though, is amazing and well worth the £15 it will cost to watch it on Amazon/Starz. 

EDIT: I've not subscribed to any of those Amazon sub-channels before. Will Starz put the whole thing up, or drip feed it week by week? If you can binge it, it will only cost you a fiver.

Week to week.

Archived