Counterpart Starz Series (SPOILERS)

Astromech

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Week to week.

My plan is to go on a binge with the trial once season 1 is finished and try and squeeze mr mercedes in as well.

It's a scenario where physical box sets are still useful allowing you to support a show over Amazon essentially wanting to split its prime TV into a variety of extra subscriptions. 

2 hours ago, red snow said:

My plan is to go on a binge with the trial once season 1 is finished and try and squeeze mr mercedes in as well.

It's a scenario where physical box sets are still useful allowing you to support a show over Amazon essentially wanting to split its prime TV into a variety of extra subscriptions. 

Counterpart and Mr. Mercedes are both worth it. I liked the former more but the latter was definitely solid.

11 hours ago, Astromech said:

Counterpart was the best new show I've watched so far this year. In addition you can watch Black Sails if you haven't yet.

I was a huge fan of black sails. I think if Starz! had a little more programming I'd justify subscribing. The problem is several starz! shows are already on amazon prime eg outlander, black sails and American gods. I get the impression all new starz! shows will wind up on the exclusive channel going forward though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So far so good. Emily awakening from her coma and struggling to remember was interesting. Unfortunately for her, I'm sure much of her recall will probably be false memories or lies she created in her line of her work.

Clare and Peter's dynamic relationship is a lot of fun to watch. Peter trying to cover up being compromised by Shadow and the other side. Clare is ruthless.

Liking the new character too.

19 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Where do you purchase it?

Amazon, generally, and this time. I sometimes use Google Play. I basically want to be able to watch it on my Fire Stick.

The Deuce is another show I'd usually buy and bought last season, but I plan to get HBO soon and catch up on various shows.

11 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Amazon, generally, and this time. I sometimes use Google Play. I basically want to be able to watch it on my Fire Stick.

The Deuce is another show I'd usually buy and bought last season, but I plan to get HBO soon and catch up on various shows.

Ah, ok.  My initial reaction was you buying it on dvd/blu ray(call me old), but Amazon makes much more sense.

HBO is a much better deal now that it isn't tied to a cable subscription. I'm not sure whether or not Starz is also now a stand-alone, but if you only want to watch one show, it isn't worth the subscription cost.

The plot thickens.

I had forgotten Mira and Indigo crossed back over. Here I was thinking initially they were still in Howard Silk's world. Sometimes I need more thorough recaps. Especially with shows like this.

So Emily Prime(?) had no idea about the other Emily Silk's role? Interesting.

And Mira may be just as cold as Shadow, if not colder.

I'm wondering if this season will focus more on the two Emilys just as last season focused on the two Howards.

Nice Oz flashback with JK Simmons in prison again.  Echo is an intriguing concept, profiling individuals using their counterparts.

Lambert puts all narcissists to shame.

Loving Emily prime tracking down Emily Silk and the irony of them both searching for her past. Will Emily Prime help Emily Silk to remember?

Quinn finally showed some spine. Still unclear as to whether Shadow or Lambert set him up.

Looks like my question as to whether Shadow or Lambert set up Peter was answered.

Hard to figure out which Lambert is which, but I suppose that is by writer design. Also good to see counterparts simply profiteering between the two sides.

I love Baldwin. I thought it was too easy for the operatives to nab her last week. Glad she showed them. Looks like it didn't go how Howard Prime wanted it to :)

So how does the Pope reveal affect Shadow/Claire? Does she turn or stay loyal to Indigo and Mira? Or was the recording a fake and just another attempt to manipulate Claire?

The Emilys investigating Emily Silk's past continues to be one of my fav arcs this season.

I figured Osman was an agent.

And who is this new guy acting for management?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Astromech said:

Every question answered produces two or three new questions.

Indigo

Ian's past

Echo

Mira

Yanek

The experiment/discovery

and who the hell is pulling the strings

That's what I love about this show... much like the Shadow reveal, the indigo reveal will be epic... and  I'm dying to find out who and what is "management"... 

• 2 weeks later...

That was an excellent origin story. While the reveal of the split itself was a bit anti-climactic, witnessing the divergence between the two sides and resulting events(especially the virus) was just what I was hoping for. Loved Yannick's backstory and the origins of Management. The Butterfly Effect with the cassette for Mira was handled so well. The symbolism of the rats eating their own was so spot on.

Good to see both Clare/Shadow and Peter trying to break free from their puppet roles. Loved Clare/Shadow standing up to her father/counterpart's father. Loved seeing him put in his fucking place. He's so self-centered and lacks any empathy for those around him.

That must have been a bit hard for Clare to discover she was the only one of her colleagues required to be alone. She seemed jealous of Spencer and the others.

Ian/Wesley's backstory was fleshed out a little more. Good to see him break free as well.

I have to admit I didn't see some of the arcs becoming a sort of Escape from Witch Mountain.

Can't wait to see whether Mira is able to gather Management all in one place.

Archived