US Politics: Borrow And Spend Conservatism Marches On

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Got halfway through writing yet another letter to that massive piece of shit Marco Rubio last night before remembering how pointless it is because he's bought and paid for with NRA blood money and if dead kids haven't swayed him nothing I can say will. It was a rough night for me. I've grown pretty numb to these shootings but it hits a lot harder when it's so close to home. 

So far I haven't heard of anyone I know being directly effected, that's about the only solace I have. 

Fuck these child murder supporting gun nuts. Fuck this goddamn country. 

I'd say take that half-written letter tack on to the end of it exactly what you wrote above and send it to him.

It may not do any good at all, but on the off chance Rubio actually reads it, it's as close as you can get to giving the tool a well deserved slap in the face.

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Shootings in New Zealand are still infrequent enough that every shooting ends up on the national news.

No shit, Sherlock.  But in a country where there are school shootings every week and shootings every day you suggest covering up shootings because the person shot is illegally in the country? Do you think  volume makes up for it? Don’t investigate shootings in the immigrant community, just protect the people who belong in the country?

On another topic, that Keebler elf is on tv right now saying they were going to do something about shootings. Gonna go after people with mental health problems, while recognizing you won’t be able to take guns away from some people you consider dangerous. The US should ‘study the intersection between mental health issues and gun violence’. Pretty tough when the CDC is forbidden to do that.

This is a start??? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Understatement of the year - something dangerous is going on.

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

On another topic, that Keebler elf is on tv right now saying they were going to do something about shootings. Gonna go after people with mental health problems, while recognizing you won’t be able to take guns away from some people you consider dangerous. The US should ‘study the intersection between mental health issues and gun violence’. Pretty tough when the CDC is forbidden to do that.

For such a little guy that elf sure is one big hypocrite. 

16 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The US should ‘study the intersection between mental health issues and gun violence’.

This will be for white US citizen males only, as they are the only shooters who are allowed to be crazy and not be declared as the terrorists they are.  

Yesterday’s events should remind us that we cannot let Republicans and conservatives get away with calling themselves pro-life. They are anti-choice. Full stop! People who are really pro-life wouldn’t support things like:

•  Fighting gun control
  • Endless, pointless wars
  • The death penalty
  • Depriving food from poor children
  • Price gouging health care
  • Anti-environmental policies
  • Institutional racism and police brutality
  • Fighting regulations that ensure that we have clean food and water

And the list goes on and on. It’s time to call these frauds out.

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yesterday’s events should remind us that we cannot let Republicans and conservatives get away with calling themselves pro-life. They are anti-choice. Full stop! People who are really pro-life wouldn’t support things like:

•  Fighting gun control
  • Endless, pointless wars
  • The death penalty
  • Depriving food from poor children
  • Price gouging health care
  • Anti-environmental policies
  • Institutional racism and police brutality
  • Fighting regulations that ensure that we have clean food and water

And the list goes on and on. It’s time to call these frauds out.

They're pro-birth. Once you're born, they don't care any more. 

12 hours ago, karaddin said:

Yeah, exactly this. I'm not sure why my post got responded to by listing off the importance of the statistical information when that was precisely what I was making allowances for.

But the idea that people getting deported by ICE after a mandatory reporting of a shooting is just tough luck that they can suck up? That's an awfully fucking callous view.

The way I see it is that in order to leave out the fact the shooting victim is an undocumented immigrant you would first have to ask them if they were an undocumented immigrant, or ask for proof of citizenship.

As we all know from the discussions about voting, there are many people who do not have such proofs. If you choose to report these people anonymously, the violence committed against them will not be investigated, which frankly will anger many communities. The police, the people in the community who may believe they are not getting service or justice, the mainstream community who will be unhappy with violence being left unchecked.

The only appropriate action, as far as I can see, is to report the violence and leave out questions about status as inappropriate.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

No shit, Sherlock.  But in a country where there are school shootings every week and shootings every day you suggest covering up shootings because the person shot is illegally in the country? Do you think  volume makes up for it? Don’t investigate shootings in the immigrant community, just protect the people who belong in the country?

He is too busy fighting a race war to deal with this.

37 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

He is too busy fighting a race war to deal with this.

Don't forget maryjuwanna!

Maryjuwanna use is a crisis in our country equal to that of opioid addiction and cocaine. All our resources and efforts must be used to fight, even fighting our own states that choose to legalize it, cause after 30 years of a failed war on drugs all ol' Ernie has seemed to get out of it is "just say no".

7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Well, this should surprise no one. 

Nikolas Cruz Trained With Florida White-Supremacist Group, Leader Says

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikolas-cruz-trained-with-florida-white-supremacist-group-leader-says

As expected. White conservative men are the most dangerous people in America. 

16 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikolas-cruz-trained-with-florida-white-supremacist-group-leader-says

Ya.  I was comin' here to post the same thing, but from a different site:

https://www.adl.org/blog/florida-white-supremacist-group-admits-ties-to-alleged-parkland-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Ya.  I was comin' here to post the same thing, but from a different site:

https://www.adl.org/blog/florida-white-supremacist-group-admits-ties-to-alleged-parkland-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz

I saw the ADL's article, too. He's a white supremacist, so no domestic terrorist label for him. 

30 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

21 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

As expected. White conservative men are the most dangerous people in America. 

What a fucking shocker. But the klansman and neo nazis in the white house, senate and congress won't give a flying fuck. In fact this probably gets them erect with the hopes that more white supremacists start gunning people down.

Archived