Aegon is Faegon

The more I think about Aegon, the more I am convinced he is not the real deal.

I know some will claim Jon Connington would know if he was not Aegon, but how would he know it? He was exiled after the Battle of Bells, Aegon was what? A newborn baby, maybe a few moon turns old? It would be pretty easy to deceive Jon Connington and once you convinced him Faegon is Aegon, he would be willing to help his Prince's son claim the Iron Throne.

I also think Faegon is Illyrio's son with Serra. That crossed my mind when Tyrion was in Pentos with Illyrio and he was given young boy's clothing. It couldn't be Viserys' clothes, because Viserys had moved to Illyrio's manse recently, it was not even a year if I am not mistaken. Viserys would be an adult, he would be wearing grown man's clothing. Those clothes can only be "Aegon's".

Illyrio reveals that Serra was a whore from a pillow house in Lys, Lys is really close to where the Golden Company established themselves, really close to the Disputed Lands. I don't know about you, but I think she is a Blackfyre from the female line or a bastard from that house. I just can't buy the story that Aegon is Aegon, there's something off about all that.

The thing that really sells it for me is Varys. I don't know who Aegon is, but Varys' actions don't make any sense unless Aegon is someone super special specifically to him and Illyrio. Varys actively undermined several potentially (and actually) peaceful Westerosi regimes (Rhaegar, Robert, Tommen) just to put some random kid that everyone thinks is dead on the Throne. On the scale of "definitely up to something more than he lets on" Varys ranks just above Doran Martell. 

43 minutes ago, Shadow of Asshai said:

I know some will claim Jon Connington would know if he was not Aegon, but how would he know it? He was exiled after the Battle of Bells, Aegon was what? A newborn baby, maybe a few moon turns old? It would be pretty easy to deceive Jon Connington and once you convinced him Faegon is Aegon, he would be willing to help his Prince's son claim the Iron Throne.

Of course, I am a firm believer that Aegon is The Blackfyre. You can find a lot of support for it here, and in other threads. For a thorough analysis of Aegon's age during the Sack of King's Landing, point your browser here. 

I also think Faegon is Illyrio's son with Serra. That crossed my mind when Tyrion was in Pentos with Illyrio and he was given young boy's clothing. It couldn't be Viserys' clothes, because Viserys had moved to Illyrio's manse recently, it was not even a year if I am not mistaken. Viserys would be an adult, he would be wearing grown man's clothing. Those clothes can only be "Aegon's".

This is not determinitive since it could also suggest that Rhaegar’s son or some pisswater prince lived in Illyrio's manse until he was sent off to be fostered by Jon Connington. The affection that Illyrio exhibited toward the boy was remarkable, though.

Illyrio reveals that Serra was a whore from a pillow house in Lys, Lys is really close to where the Golden Company established themselves, really close to the Disputed Lands. I don't know about you, but I think she is a Blackfyre from the female line or a bastard from that house. I just can't buy the story that Aegon is Aegon, there's something off about all that.

Is Serra the Blackfyre, or is Illyrio? The Golden Company answers to Illyrio, and is honoring a contract writ in blood. The chests did not contain gold for the Golden Company as Tyrion observed, and we know that beneath gold, the bitter steel. 

2 hours ago, Shadow of Asshai said:

Unless he really is the real deal. 

Except it is implied that Joncon was in love with rhaegar (thus imagining him when he faps) so his image would be a ready memory 

We the readers know far less about Serra than JonCon knows about (f)Aegon. Fatty McFatterton has had many a slave in his manse. Some big. Some small.  While I agree that the clothes are probably the King's, there is nothing to indicate parentage. 

My guess is that there will never be an answer to the (f)Aegon question. He will probably die with it unresolved for the readers

4 hours ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

The thing that really sells it for me is Varys. I don't know who Aegon is, but Varys' actions don't make any sense unless Aegon is someone super special specifically to him and Illyrio. Varys actively undermined several potentially (and actually) peaceful Westerosi regimes (Rhaegar, Robert, Tommen) just to put some random kid that everyone thinks is dead on the Throne. On the scale of "definitely up to something more than he lets on" Varys ranks just above Doran Martell.

"Illyrio's son by Serra, possibly Varys' relative, possibly Blackfyre" (which seems to be the prevalent Faegon theory) would fit the bill splendidly.

On the other hand, the real Aegon VI wouldn't be anything special to Magister Illyrio Mopatis.

11 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Because there, she isn't especially likeable, and after the Meereen clusterfuck there aren't many readers left who'd think "Yeah, let's put her on the Iron Throne, that should end well".

I said that she is GRRM favorite. I agree that she isn't very likeable for us, readers, but Mr. Martin keep giving her everything for free and she faces no repercusions of her actions. There is also thing that Martin boasts about being "male feminist".

2 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I said that she is GRRM favorite. I agree that she isn't very likeable for us, readers,

And you think that's accidental? That GRRM is such poor a writer that he doesn't realize it?

2 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

but Mr. Martin keep giving her everything for free and she faces no repercusions of her actions. There is also thing that Martin boasts about being "male feminist".

Oh.

Oh dear.

7 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

And you think that's accidental? That GRRM is such poor a writer that he doesn't realize it?

I don't know, but in his original plot from 1993 Daenerys was supposed to survive at least long enough to invade Westeros and visions in the House of the Undying are suggesting that she is going to defeat remaining competitors to the crown: Stannis and Aegon VI.

Honestly I don't see any other ending. Stannis will almost certainly die, Aegon VI was introduced in fifth book and many people consider him fake, Tommen and Myrcella will die to fulfill Maggy the Frog prophecy and Jon Snow is member of night's watch believed to be bastard son of Eddard Stark.

Back to topic, I don't think that Aegon VI descends from Blackfyres. Leaders of the Golden Company didn't seem to care if he was Targaryen or Blackfyre. And I don't see any point in makking him secret blackfyre. He may be just random guy who looks really similar to Rhaegar. And considering that Daenerys is determined to sit on the Iron Throne, I think she is going to kill him, even if he is actually her nephew (unless they decide to marry each other and rule together)

34 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I said that she is GRRM favorite. I agree that she isn't very likeable for us, readers, but Mr. Martin keep giving her everything for free and she faces no repercusions of her actions. There is also thing that Martin boasts about being "male feminist".

And the butthurt MRAs have finally invaded the westeros forums. Next thing you will talk about how much you hate is Arya in ninja training and how Cat deserved to die by frey hands. Stick to reddit dude

19 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

And the butthurt MRAs have finally invaded the westeros forums. Next thing you will talk about how much you hate is Arya in ninja training and how Cat deserved to die by frey hands. Stick to reddit dude

It's funny because I don't even use reddit and don't know what MRA means. I have been on this forum three years I don't really understand your point. And I know that you were being hyperbolic, but I don't have anything against Arya or Catelyn.

2 minutes ago, Euron Lannister said:

i was convinced he is fAegon, but normally GRRM writes in a way that implies one thing which turns out to be false.

So from an out of universe point of view it would make sense for him to be (r)Aegon

Also it would be more interesting imo

I agree that Aegon VI would be much more interesting if he was truly son of Rhaegar. It could make many interesting interactions with characters who knew Rhaegar.

56 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

It's funny because I don't even use reddit and don't know what MRA means. I have been on this forum three years I don't really understand your point. And I know that you were being hyperbolic, but I don't have anything against Arya or Catelyn.

http://bfy.tw/hmC

Archived