Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2018

Week

The Superb Owl is over and it's time to think about diamonds!

I'd like to try out something a bit different this year ... a friend of mine talked about a H2H format where you either win or lose the week and the top half of the leagues weekly scores gets a win (approximately -- need to reach out to find out what it was exactly).

Basically, something to change up to keep interest in the season throughout as well as to avoid the poison pill of a couple bad April outings that ruin the season. Thoughts? Are people in? Any interest in a keeper league?

Last year's standings:

1.   Driftwood Stanes 98          
2.   Ghost Hill Revenant 87          
3.   Summerhall Slags 74          
4.   Valyrian Freeholders 73          
5.   Riverrun Toreadors 66.5          
6.   Horn Hill Ser Piggys 64.5          
7.   Sunspear Shariffs 62.5          
8.   Castle Black Crows 48.5          
9.   Storm's End Stags 47.5          
10.   Harlaw Krakens 38.5          

@Whiskeyjack - 
 @Bronn Stone
 @grozeng -
 @fuentez1138 - 
 @Jaime L - 
 @Arch-MaesterPhilip - 
 @Mexal - 
 @PyroclasticFlow - 
 @Ross

@Bronn&Jax -- Coo'

2 hours ago, grozeng said:

I'm in.

Any interest in restarting Dynasty again this year or some form of a keeper league?

I would be interested in either. Not sure that I've thought about either enough to have an opinion between one over the other. 

43 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

I’m interested depending on what format is used. Have you done Roto before? What site did you use last year? ESPN is the best imo. 

We've used a modified (WJ-ified :p) roto setup on yahoo. I usually like yahoo ... but I would be amenable to a change if there is a different scoring format or other reason to switch

Last year setup:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

5 hours ago, Week said:

@Bronn&Jax -- Coo'

I would be interested in either. Not sure that I've thought about either enough to have an opinion between one over the other. 

We've used a modified (WJ-ified :p) roto setup on yahoo. I usually like yahoo ... but I would be amenable to a change if there is a different scoring format or other reason to switch

Last year setup:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

Yahoo would probably be fine too, it’s not a deal breaker for me. I like the categories listed, those seem pretty standard. 

Dont let me tell you how to run your league, but for position players would people be interested in having: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF and OF? I just like things to have a realistic feel to it, pitching doesn’t matter so much to me though. 

34 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I'm probably up for running the same roto league as last year. 

Don't really have interest in anything else.  But hope you guys can get it going if thats what you want to play.

Are there 9 other people who want to play roto with those same settings? 

I would say -- let's do the same as last year and then gauge interest in a second league of either a different scoring type or keeper.

Yahoo sent me a notice to renew this morning, so I'm going to go ahead and do that, and put Week, Bronn, groz, Jaime, Phil, Mexal, and Fuentez back in the league, since they've all posted here.

For the last 2 spots, Pyro and JJ get first shot, since they were in the league last year.  Would just put them straight in, but they haven't posted, so not sure if they're interested. 

If either of them drop out, then will open it up to other people.

@PyroclasticFlow
@JJ Lannister

On 2/20/2018 at 8:47 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

I'm probably up for running the same roto league as last year. 

Don't really have interest in anything else.  But hope you guys can get it going if thats what you want to play.

Are there 9 other people who want to play roto with those same settings? 

One NA slot in place of the DL slots? Or keep all as is?

Archived