Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2018

Week

18 hours ago, grozeng said:

Who's next?  Looks like in order to be traded the player's last name needs to start with "MA".  I have Steven Matz for JD Martinez ready to go.

With the way he's playing, you can have him for less.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel like a bit of an overpay, but I think Senzel is up soon and gives a balanced, high average floor that I need. This looked better before Gray's last start, but I have faith in his stuff (it's only burned me twice before). DDS coming back made Mallex expendable. So, all-in-all, seemed like a reasonable move with some risk on both sides.

55 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Shrug. Flowers + Suzuki = best catcher in league! Get Turner for nothing  a roster spot and daily headache :) 

FTFY ;)

I get it -- I'd rather have Contreras, but seems like personal preference.

This pending trade is horrendous. Scherzer is a top 5 player and he’s been given up for a few guys having a good month and history of mediocrity. Oh and fucking Ozuna thrown in. One of the most one sided trades we’ve had in this league and there have been a few.

I don’t  understand how Scherzer didn’t command a top 20 player at the very least. WJ has a few of them.

Here's the trade.

I get Max Scherzer, Marcell Ozuna, Chris Taylor

Ghjhero gets Brandon Belt, Matt Kemp, Chase Anderson, Zach Britton, Brad Brach

We went back and forth a bit before reaching this deal.  Scherzer is great, no doubt.  Ozuna will hopefully be good like last year, but he's been awful so far.  Taylor is a throw in to backup middle infield.  On his side, he's getting Belt who has been awesome and who has had a huge spike in fly balls and hard hit rate, indicating the power jump is legit.  Also have read that Kemp is back to being good.  He also gets a closer that he needs, and he chose Chase Anderson out of almost all of my pitchers including Ray and Castillo.

Also for what it's worth there was an alternative on the table that didn't include Ozuna and Kemp.  He picked this one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea. Ok. Still don’t see how it helps his team and I’m just annoyed I made like 3 offers on Altuve and he turned them all down and didn’t engage at all and you end up giving up a part time player, a guy you picked up on the waivers a day or two ago, a hurt rookie and Soler for Altuve and Rosario. It’s nuts to me.

$46 player and $4 player (who has paid off well) for $2 player and waiver scrubs.

The fact that the trade was made after neglecting the team for weeks -- that's unacceptable. That is league-breaking. We've tried to keep this league on life support by adding new owners and it is not working. We might as well wrap up after July as planned and fucking bury it.

Mex - did you PM him?  I didn't just throw out trades to him.  I sent him a message with an offer, he told me the players he liked and didn't like, and we figured out a deal.  Maybe that was the difference.

Also, think your description of the players I'm giving up is a bit off.  Folty has been great and shouldn't have been dropped.  There's a reason I bid so much on him.  Hicks is playing nearly every day and has been pretty good the past month.  Soler has had a very strong season.  Soroka is a top prospect and on a rehab assignment, so should be back soon.

Altuve is obviously really good, but he's not been playing at the same 1st round level as in past years.  And Rosario is a step above Soler, but the separation between them isn't huge.

Week - the draft was 2 months ago and is close to irrelevant now.  I do agree that him being inactive for a while makes things complicated.  But like....the reason I reached out to him was specifically because I saw him make some moves a couple of days ago.  I figured that if he was looking to fix his team and get back into it, then maybe he'd be open to a deal.

Not sure what else to say.  Sorry this is making you guys upset.  I really just play to trade, otherwise things get boring. 

Archived