Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2018

Week

1 minute ago, Bronn Stone said:

I was sick and traveling.

I've given up on vetoing trades here.  It isn't worth the effort.  You can't change a weasel into a lion.

:lol:

Thought you were done being a jackass, but guess not.

Let's not play together in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a gander at the last place team (no not Harrenhal, he doesn't count anymore, fucker must've went awol) those Freeriders

See what you like and please be nice

@Whiskeyjaak Blood-Drinker Since we're almost halfway through, should we give this guy one more chance or can we blow up his team? Or not blow up, just give me manager duties and see if I can move 'em out of the cellar. Pretty sure we'd have to pass that by the league though. 

What say you?

17 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Take a gander at the last place team (no not Harrenhal, he doesn't count anymore, fucker must've went awol) those Freeriders

See what you like and please be nice

@Whiskeyjaak Blood-Drinker Since we're almost halfway through, should we give this guy one more chance or can we blow up his team? Or not blow up, just give me manager duties and see if I can move 'em out of the cellar. Pretty sure we'd have to pass that by the league though. 

What say you?

Don't think we can have you take over his team.

Probably also shouldn't do something crazy like a contraction draft.  Would be kind of intriguing and add some fun....which is tempting because this league is pretty boring right now.  But wouldn't want to do it unless every league member was on board, and even then, I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mexal You've certainly made it interesting in the run up to the All-Star Break. Should not be much longer until your inexorable climb goes past me.

5 minutes ago, Week said:

@Mexal You've certainly made it interesting in the run up to the All-Star Break. Should not be much longer until your inexorable climb goes past me.

I'm trying. My hitting was off the charts in June/July. Pitching has been deteriorating though so who knows. I have room to pass you finally though.

Anyone need a MI?

And for what it's worth, I have stopped commenting on trades.   I just realize people will think getting 4 mediocre players picked off the waiver wire for their best player is a fair trade and have moved on.  Glad it's not just Bronn and me questioning the trades this time.  But these trades are no different from what goes on every year.

When does football start?  Save a spot for me in a feeder league or two

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 8:56 AM, Week said:

Heading into the last weekend of the season -- thanks all! I'll probably post some sort of retrospective or something next week. 

:cheers: :cheers: 

I hope there's a whole chapter on how I heroically seized third place on the very last day of the season, claiming that bronze medal long after the league had counted me out.

Congrats, Week. About as dominant of a performance as they come. Extra credit for upping the difficulty level by dropping various studs along the way. 

18 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Congrats, Week. About as dominant of a performance as they come. Extra credit for upping the difficulty level by dropping various studs along the way. 

Lol, you fucker. 

The truth is that Carp,  Aguilar, and Buehler had a rough relationship with the Driftwood press corps. The situation quickly became untenable for ownership.

27 minutes ago, Week said:

Lol, you fucker. 

The truth is that Carp,  Aguilar, and Buehler had a rough relationship with the Driftwood press corps. The situation quickly became untenable for ownership.

I had 2 of those 3 and still lost. But yay 2nd! I will say, my hitting is so good, the season was completely worth following them. 

On 3/28/2018 at 10:02 AM, Bronn Stone said:

I'm pretty happy with this team.  Came close to cornering the market on Colorado Rockies.  The infield is astounding.  The outfield and SP are meh (lots of SP3/4 types).  Not sure if this is a top 3 team, but pretty sure it isn't a bottom three.

Turned out it was a bottom 3 team for almost all of the season.  Just not at the end.

Congrats Week!

Rough season for me.  My team sucked / struggled with injuries.  And definitely regret having the league go the full year.  When we've used the truncated year in the past, was easy to stay locked in, even as things dragged on into the summer.  I think there's just a change in mindset.....when it's mid-June, you know you're 6 weeks away from the end and there's a sense of urgency to improve your place in the standings.  Whereas with the full season, in mid-June you're not even half way, and if you're team isn't doing well its easy to stop paying attention. 

Will also admit that I basically lost interest after the Altuve trade drama.  And for the record, that deal ended up being the number 60 and 71 ranked players in Yahoo for numbers 64 and 77 (plus 2 others who got injured). 

Y'all better watch out now. I got 4th place on lock next year (2018-9th 2017-4th 2016-9th amiright??) 

@Week well played season sir, tip of the cap to you. Very impressive, but not unexpected after last year's showing. Remind me to continually harass you for some players next year. 

I'm gonna throw this out there--next year we go back to the June 30th end date. By August I was totally immersed in football, not gonna lie.

Archived