Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2018

Week

55 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Didn't do much prep this year.  Just rolling the dice.

I call this the Jaimexal approach.

Hank Baskett for $49 it is!

Like my team a good amount.  Was really happy with some of the prices I got early in the draft.  Think I made a few mistakes in the middle and near the end that I might regret, but overall hoping for the best.

C - Mike Zunino
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Robinson Cano
SS - Manny Machado
3B - Kris Bryant
CI - Kendrys Morales
MI - Yoan Moncada
OF - Cody Bellinger, Nelson Cruz, Ronald Acuna, Ender Inciarte, Corey Dickerson
UT - Aaron Hicks, Manuel Margot

Bench - Justin Turner, Tim Beckham, Jesse Winker, Stephen Piscotty, Bradley Zimmer, Odubel Herrera

SP - Carlos Carrasco, Robbie Ray, Luis Castillo, Michael Wacha, Chase Anderson, Jon Gray, Jordan Montgomery, Brandon McCarthy
RP - Wade Davis, Jeurys Familia, Brad Brach (Zach Britton

My draft was the exact opposite of what I usually do

Yasmani Grandal

Hanley Ramirez

Dee Gordon

Todd Frazier

Trea Turner

Albert Pujols

Starlin Castro

Mike Trout

Bryce Harper

Khris Davis

Kevin Keirmaier

Matt Kemp

Logan Morrison

Brian McCann

My bench is: Tim Anderson, Marcus Semien, Neil Walker, Steven Souza

My SPs are Greinke, Verlander, Keuchel, Lance Lynn, CC, Porcello

My RPs are Kimbrel, Boxberger, Morrow, Treinen

My bench is Ian Kennedy and King Felix

C - JT Realmuto/W. Castillo
1B - Edwin Encarnacion
2B - Anthony Rizzo
SS - Francisco Lindor
3B - Nolan Arenado
CI - Justin Smoak
MI - DJ Lemahieu
OF - B. Hamilton, G. Polanco, C. Santana, A. Duvall, CarGo
UT - Chris Davis, Ryan McMahon

Bench - Gerardo Parra, G. Bird, J. Kipnis, Brendan Rodgers, Gleyber Torres

SP - J. deGrom, S. Gray, J. Berrios, J. Taillon, J. Teheran, K. Maeda, L. Giolito
RP - Cody Allen, Shane Green, Edwin Diaz (Neris, ZIegler)

I'm pretty happy with this team.  Came close to cornering the market on Colorado Rockies.  The infield is astounding.  The outfield and SP are meh (lots of SP3/4 types).  Not sure if this is a top 3 team, but pretty sure it isn't a bottom three.

C - Gary
1B - Freddie Freeman (1B/3B)
2B  - Matt Carpenter (1B/2B/3B)
3B - Josh Donaldson
SS - Trevor Story
CI - Yonder Alonso
MI - Ozzie Albies
OF - Christian Yelich
OF - Joey Gallo (1B/3B/OF)
OF - Kyle Schwarber
OF - Delino DeShields
OF - Jose Martinez (1B/OF)
Util - Ian Kinsler
Util - Eugenio Suarez
BN - Cozart (SS/3B - soon), Belt (1B/OF), Fowler (OF), Lamb (3B), Gardner (OF), Reddick (OF)
NA - Victor Robles (why not more OF?)

Love the power. Lot of batting average risk, but there is some upside for Gallo, Schwarber, and Kinsler to improve on last year. May need a bit more speed too. If you need power or a 3B -- send me a message (or more likely, I'll be sending you one).

SP - Luis Severino
SP - David Price
SP - Chris Archer
SP - Johnny Cueto
SP - Michael Fulmer
SP - Sean Manaea
SP - Nick Pivetta
RP - Chapman
RP - Doolittle
RP - Herrera
DL - MadBum

Huge strikeout locked in with Sevvy, Price, and Archer. Workhorses with Cueto, Fulmer, and MadBum (I expect a bounce-back for Cueto, improvement after elbow surgery for Fulmer, and health after coming back for MadBum. Manaea and Pivetta have awesome K upside as well.

This is the first year that started the year with 3 solid closers (hoping to avoid some save trawling on the wire) -- should get great Ks from Chap and Doo and Kelvin ought to be steady.

Overall, I'm liking this team more than when I finished drafting. Really like the upside on a lot of guys (Gallo, Schwarb, Dentist, Manaea,etc.) and I have some decent depth if anyone really goes of the rails (I'M LOOKING AT YOU TREVOR -- Bronn, I wanted that Brendan Rogers pick)

27 minutes ago, Week said:

(I'M LOOKING AT YOU TREVOR -- Bronn, I wanted that Brendan Rogers pick)

I did not believe that I'd get both Rodgers and McMahon at the end, even with the bid of $6 on the latter.  I was very pleased.  I had Manaea and Franchy Cordero in my queue as fallbacks.

Pending trade between Arch-MaesterPhilip and me --

I get: Trea Turner and Neil Walker

MPH gets: Chris Archer, Trevor Story, and Kyle Schwarber

My post earlier today pointed out a need for batting average and stolen bases -- this trade should cover that by dealing out strengths (power and pitching). I was planning on targeting Trea and Xander with hopes of getting one of them to balance the team, so I'm glad to have gotten something done quick.

For MPH, he had a ton of speed with Gordon, Turner, Trout, Kiermaier, etc. and needed some additional power and pitching (say no to those old dudes!)

I definitely think Week got the best of the deal.  While it is really hard to get SP in this league without giving any up, a top 5 overall player should get you more than an SP2, OF5 and bottom of the top 10 SS.

Turner was one of the big steals in the draft.  And given away for peanuts.

Jaime and I were talking about this. Season hasn't started yet but does anyone want to do a full season? Fine if not given we already drafted but thought I'd ask. I know I'll regret it come July but at the same time, I kind of miss having baseball in August. Don't much care about Sept so if we extend to August 31st, I'd be good with that too.

Thoughts? Figure I'd throw it up for a vote.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Jaime and I were talking about this. Season hasn't started yet but does anyone want to do a full season? Fine if not given we already drafted but thought I'd ask. I know I'll regret it come July but at the same time, I kind of miss having baseball in August. Don't much care about Sept so if we extend to August 31st, I'd be good with that too.

Thoughts? Figure I'd throw it up for a vote.

Full Season! 

Archived