Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2018

Week

I've been asked to reverse the trade.  Will leave it up to the group.  Think our rules were that more than half the league have to veto for the deal to be undone (not including people in the trade).

For clarity, the trade was:

I get Jose Altuve + Eddie Rosario
Ghjhero gets Mike Foltynewicz, Jorge Soler, Aaron Hicks, + Mike Soroka

My perspective is:

1) Soler is a small downgrade from Rosario.  Moving forward, Steamer projects Soler for a .245 AVG, 15 HR, 48 RBI, 47 R, 3 SB, .774 OPS.  They project Rosario for a .276 AVG, 15 HR, 55 RBI, 48 R, 7 SB, .783 OPS.

2) Altuve is great, but he hasn't hit for the same power he managed the past few years.  Could change, but as of right now he's not the 1st round pick he was in the draft.

3) Folty has a 2.22 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 80 strikeouts in 69 IP.  He's a valuable player.  Hicks is a 20-20 threat.  Soroka is a lottery ticket with upside.

Anyway, not looking to upset anybody.  You guys make the decision you feel is best.

@Mexal @Jaime L @Week @grozeng @PyroclasticFlow @fuentez1138 @Arch-MaesterPhilip @Bronn Stone

I only believe in vetoing a colluded deal. 

That said -- the league is not particularly fun or active at this point. So, I'll vote for ending at the ASB and moving on. There does not feel like much point in a league where there is almost no activity until there is a flurry of nonsense.

I want to veto it. Trades like these really kill my enjoyment in the league. The worst team in the league trades a consensus top 5 pick (and a current top 30 player) for essentially a guy he could have gotten on waivers a day before if he paid even a minute of attention to the league and a rookie prospect coming off the DL.

But it's not WJ's fault and there wasn't collusion so I'm going to abstain. I'll go with the majority either way.

I'm going to vote to let the trade stand as is, although @Mexal does bring a valid point to light. We do need active owners in this league, and to counter @Week, what do you mean no activity? Aside from the other party involved in the trade, we all have made 25-30 roster moves so far. You can't just sit atop your gilded mountain and think to control every whim of the peasants below :P

That being said, whoever has Edwin Diaz, if you want some insurance in the form of Alex Colome, give me a ring. Would let him go for a meh bat, or pair him with a fielder in hopes of a SP in return.

34 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

We do need active owners in this league, and to counter @Week, what do you mean no activity? Aside from the other party involved in the trade, we all have made 25-30 roster moves so far. You can't just sit atop your gilded mountain and think to control every whim of the peasants below :P

One post per month, virtually no ongoing discussion here.  I suppose the real pain of the no activity is what led to this trade.

I vote to veto.

I generally only veto in the event of collusion. I give owners every benefit of the doubt to improve their team however they see fit even if I personally disagree. But there's no logic here from the Harlots perspective. He's giving up the two best players in the deal and getting little proven in return.

But the real issue is he's not even managing his team day to day. He's got open roster spots. He's 5-6 players down from even having a complete team. He doesn't give a shit. He's only making this trade to make someone else happy. An owner has to be trading to actively improve his team in his mind and there's zero evidence of that in this case. 

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, PyroclasticFlow said:

I'm going to vote to let the trade stand as is, although @Mexal does bring a valid point to light. We do need active owners in this league, and to counter @Week, what do you mean no activity? Aside from the other party involved in the trade, we all have made 25-30 roster moves so far. You can't just sit atop your gilded mountain and think to control every whim of the peasants below :P

That being said, whoever has Edwin Diaz, if you want some insurance in the form of Alex Colome, give me a ring. Would let him go for a meh bat, or pair him with a fielder in hopes of a SP in return.

I have Edwin Diaz.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:05 PM, Jaime L said:

I vote to veto.

I generally only veto in the event of collusion. I give owners every benefit of the doubt to improve their team however they see fit even if I personally disagree. But there's no logic here from the Harlots perspective. He's giving up the two best players in the deal and getting little proven in return.

But the real issue is he's not even managing his team day to day. He's got open roster spots. He's 5-6 players down from even having a complete team. He doesn't give a shit. He's only making this trade to make someone else happy. An owner has to be trading to actively improve his team in his mind and there's zero evidence of that in this case. 

I'm finding myself swayed by this argument.

Voting to veto also. It's a trade that makes no sense for a lineup that has not been managed in weeks.

1 hour ago, Week said:

I'm finding myself swayed by this argument.

Voting to veto also. It's a trade that makes no sense for a lineup that has not been managed in weeks.

Nevermind, I've had my coffee and yelled in a meeting this morning.

No veto for this, but for FUCK'S SAKE -- please at least get a sanity check from another owner or even on yahoo before doing a deal.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/48092/playertrades?type=player&pid=8996

Other Altuve deals:
for Jose Ramirez
for Kluber and Paul DeJong
for Kris Bryant

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/48092/playertrades?type=player&pid=8193

Other Scherzer deals:
for Springer, Castellanos, Segura
...not as much here today, but you get my point

Rotoworld has Altuve as #3 player going into June and Scherzer as the #4 player. If we look at their rankings, the trade was this.

3. Altuve, 68. Rosario for

265. Soler, 186. Hicks, 242. Folty, 292. Soroka

Now, I know these rankings can and should be disagreed with, especially with how Folty has pitched this season. But even if you use Yahoo current rankings, it's...

Altuve (44), Rosario (19) for:

Soler (105), Hicks (216), Folty (115), Soroka (444)

There isn't a world where a trade like this should happen in our league. If you want to trade a top 5 player, post in here that he's up for sale and get the best offers.

17 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Can I count on your strongly considered veto turned non-veto on this one? :P

Eat shit. :cheers:;)

2 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Sorry for a commercial break, but no other place seemed a better place to ask :ninja: Maybe there will be Fantasy Football for Word Cup 2018? I offer either a memory or a lie that WJ hosted one before :ninja:

Hey Free Shadow.  I'm definitely going to host it if nobody else does.  Been checking every day but haven't seen the fifa one open yet.  Just says coming soon on the site.  

I'll look into it more and let you know.

Archived