NFL Offseason '18: Our American Cousins

Rhom

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

All the good talent has already been scooped up. Sometimes you've just got to live with the scraps, Dr. Toboggan. 

All the people brought in signed elsewhere, and this is bar none the worst roster in the league. There is one definitively above average player on the entire roster.

It's T.Y. Hilton.

And I guess Vinatieri

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

All the people brought in signed elsewhere, and this is bar none the worst roster in the league. There is one definitively above average player on the entire roster.

It's T.Y. Hilton.

And I guess Vinatieri

Hence why you need to amass top 100 picks. You won't grow your team through FA.

And why the shade at Luck? I've read that the Colts are really high in his health.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hence why you need to amass top 100 picks. You won't grow your team through FA.

And why the shade at Luck? I've read that the Colts are really high in his health.

They're liars dude. I've had my arms worked on, I've been a physical therapist with people who've had their arms worked on.

If you don't have it about six months after the operation, you're not getting it back.

I've explained on this board before exactly what his symptoms are down to how it effects his throwing motion. I'm not actually stupid, I just enjoy being silly sometimes. I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

54 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Jeremy Hill to the Pats.

Goddammit!

I knew in my bones a week ago that Hill would suck for 31 teams in the league.

GOD

DAMN

IT

The Pats sure do love them some Bengals RB’s...

Other than the Burfict suspension I couldn’t be happier with how this offseason is going so far. Russel Bodine is now a Bill. I know they were grateful for us helping get them in the playoffs last season, but they’re going out of their way paying us back. :P

The Indianapolis Colts will accept the Buffalo Bills' two first round picks and additional spoils only if the delegate from upstate New York approaches on his knees and performs proskynesis

I have spoken!!!!

14 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

They're liars dude. I've had my arms worked on, I've been a physical therapist with people who've had their arms worked on.

If you don't have it about six months after the operation, you're not getting it back.

I've explained on this board before exactly what his symptoms are down to how it effects his throwing motion. I'm not actually stupid, I just enjoy being silly sometimes. I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Come on Jace, you know I’d never call you stupid.

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, @Maithanet, I believe I owe you an apology (can't recall if I wrote it before or not). I was very wrong about the Tyrannosauruses, and you were very, very right. 

Thanks man.  I thought about making a victory lap post a few weeks back, but I never bothered. 

I feel pretty confident the Tyrannosaurs would have won the Super Bowl.  The Jets ended up having more talent than preseason predictions gave them credit for, and the Browns could have provided a couple of useful pieces like Joe Thomas, Jason McCourtney and (inexplicably) Josh Gordon. 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:50 AM, sperry said:

Glimmer of hope for the Colts, with an absolute fleecing of the Jets.

Not really a fleecing. The Jets gave up 3 second-round picks to move up a few spots in the first round. If they end up getting a franchise quarterback who wouldn't have been available otherwise, it's absolutely worth it.

Consider how much other teams have given up to get franchise QBs, and how absolutely worth it's been for them to do so (like the Eagles, even though that required an assist from Nick Foles). The Jets provided market rate, and arguably got the better deal; considering that the Bills probably could've been convinced to give up more for the pick.

5 minutes ago, Fez said:

Not really a fleecing. The Jets gave up 3 second-round picks to move up a few spots in the first round. If they end up getting a franchise quarterback who wouldn't have been available otherwise, it's absolutely worth it.

Consider how much other teams have given up to get franchise QBs, and how absolutely worth it's been for them to do so (like the Eagles, even though that required an assist from Nick Foles). The Jets provided market rate, and arguably got the better deal; considering that the Bills probably could've been convinced to give up more for the pick.

Yeah, this was not a fleecing. The Jets move up 3 spots, leapfrogging a QB needy team and a team that might have traded the pick to a QB needy team in the process, only losing some 2's? That's a good deal right there.

Most teams have to sell next years' 1 to get a shot at their QB, the Jets have managed to get a shot at their guy (not convinced they go QB) without crippling their ability to support him.

Sure, 2nds are valuable. But you can take missing on 2's, which means you can take trading them.

ETA: The trade is fine for the Colts too. I think it's a win-win. If the Jets get their QB they might want then they 'won' the trade. If the Colts get a top-3 player at 6 or trade back again then they 'won' too.

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

ETA: The trade is fine for the Colts too. I think it's a win-win. If the Jets get their QB they might want then they 'won' the trade. If the Colts get a top-3 player at 6 or trade back again then they 'won' too.

Yeah, it's definitely not a bad trade for the Colts. Also, if whoever they would've picked at 3 is still available at 6, they'll get them to a cheaper deal too. Which is an added bonus.

I just wonder if the Bills could've been convinced to give up more; or if they are ready to go in with AJ McCarron.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

Yeah, it's definitely not a bad trade for the Colts. Also, if whoever they would've picked at 3 is still available at 6, they'll get them to a cheaper deal too. Which is an added bonus.

I just wonder if the Bills could've been convinced to give up more; or if they are ready to go in with AJ McCarron.

My lack of faith in Ballard makes it difficult, but I am modestly hopeful that if Buffalo offers 12,21, and MORE when the Colts are on the clock then he'll move back again.

It's interesting. The Colts could theoretically get the same price for 6 that they wanted for 3 if the Bills' guy is there.

12 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Most teams have to sell next years' 1 to get a shot at their QB, the Jets have managed to get a shot at their guy (not convinced they go QB) without crippling their ability to support him.

The Jets are going to use this pick on a QB.  If they don't, they are fools.  For any position other than quarterback, the difference in quality of player available at pick #6 and pick #3 is pretty negligible.  Nowhere near the value of three 2nd rounders.  That's why if there's no qb available, the price of moving up goes way down.  I remember in 2013 the Dolphins moved from #12 to #3 for the price of just one second rounder.  Why was the price so cheap?  Because no qbs were worth taking at that spot. 

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The Jets are going to use this pick on a QB.  If they don't, they are fools.  For any position other than quarterback, the difference in quality of player available at pick #6 and pick #3 is pretty negligible.  Nowhere near the value of three 2nd rounders.  That's why if there's no qb available, the price of moving up goes way down.  I remember in 2013 the Dolphins moved from #12 to #3 for the price of just one second rounder.  Why was the price so cheap?  Because no qbs were worth taking at that spot. 

Dion Jordan?

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Thanks man.  I thought about making a victory lap post a few weeks back, but I never bothered. 

I feel pretty confident the Tyrannosaurs would have won the Super Bowl.  The Jets ended up having more talent than preseason predictions gave them credit for, and the Browns could have provided a couple of useful pieces like Joe Thomas, Jason McCourtney and (inexplicably) Josh Gordon. 

What have we learned from the politics thread?

Always!

Spike!

The!

Football!  

It’s like nobody read my world class breakdown of this trade. The Colts literally cannot lose it. Every scenario is great for them so long as they player they get isn’t a bust. The Jets, on the other hand, are in an odd spot. If they’re good with any of the top four QBs, this trade makes almost no sense unless they feared two teams would move up ahead of them. If they’re good with any of the top three Qbs then you can justify the trade. But if they wanted either Allen or Darnold, and they go 1 and 2 respectively, the Jets screwed themselves. And that’s not an unrealistic scenario.  

Archived