Will Bran walk again???

AlaskanSandman

fan- "Is Bran's paralysis mental or physical? and thus will he walk again?"

GRRM- "Well i wont answer the second half of it but i will say his paralysis is physical."

7.50min to 8.12min

So its not mental, but it is physical of some kind, and he may walk again. 

How? Thoughts?

Other than actually having a severed spinal column, what physical things might be causing his paralysis? 

Poison?

Magic?

Bloodraven's control?

A pinched nerve??? Kidding but im running out of ideas haha

Let me know what you think :)

5 hours ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

Whatever this means.

Yep, that's probably the best he can expect. 

It's literally what the three-eyed crow tells him:

Bran: I'm here, only I'm broken. Will you ... will you fix me ... my legs, I mean?

crow: No. That is beyond my powers. You will never walk again, Bran, but you will fly.

A Dance With Dragons, Ch 13

10 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Let me know what you think :)

See below

8 hours ago, Red Man Racey said:

No, but he will fly ...

This as stated in the book 

8 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

He’s already walked as Summer, and as Hodor...

and this that was stated in the books 

7 hours ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

Whatever this means.

And some don't get it 

5 hours ago, Angus Thermopyle said:

It's been said so many times in the books that he won't makes me think he will. Could be wishful thinking on my part. 

It is 

5 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Should he ever get out of that cave, Bran might permanently take someone else's body, like a more successful Varamyr.

I have not thought of this, but I doubt it is possible 

3 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Bran probably won't survive, I see him making a great sacrifice to save the realm or his family. If he does survive I hope he stays the way he currently is GRRM doesn't seem like the happy ending type. 

He was the first main chapter. He will be the last. I think the bittersweet ending will be Bran watching everyone he loves grow old and die while he is stuck in a root ball in a cave waiting for the next last greenseer 

Bran took a bad fall.  He is lucky to be alive.  His spine is damaged.  The only way he walks again is to skin change into another body.  Which he already does to Hodor.  His body will never walk again but his mind will, in the form of borrowing Hodor's body.  Bran is getting addicted to walking and he might just try to take another person's body.  The probability of finding another body with the greenseer ability is very low but Bran is a boy who might be willing to give up the ability to walk again.  He will try to find a body suitable for a knight because that was his dream.

Well i definitely already thought of the whole "you will fly bit" hahah though him flying as a crow seems a lil of a let down but it is there.

And yes, omission means he will walk again haha even if its just as Hodor or summer 

I was just curious if any one had any other ideas maybe how this might be. Like i said, i didn't really but i though it maybe interesting.

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

He was the first main chapter. He will be the last. I think the bittersweet ending will be Bran watching everyone he loves grow old and die while he is stuck in a root ball in a cave waiting for the next last greenseer 

I agree on brans fate....I go back and fourth on the last chapter/epilogue being either this scenario...or Sam writing history book of the war of Dawn.

5 minutes ago, Back door hodor said:

I agree on brans fate....I go back and fourth on the last chapter/epilogue being either this scenario...or Sam writing history book of the war of Dawn.

5 minutes ago, Back door hodor said:

The thing that makes me question this is the lack of other humans in the tree system in that cave. Only Bloodraven. 

The weirwood tree in the Blackwood castle also has all the Blackwoods buried beneath it. Are they in thrones too? Are the blackwoods the only ones who get jacked in like the children? 

Is bran just the first non Blackwood? Something seems fishy about Bloodraven being the only human in that cave. Was it all children before him. I just feel like a need more answers.

I've never considered Bran walking in his own body again.    I did take the Varamyr prologue to be all the lessons Bran needs to successfully become a skin changing abomination.   Then again, he made those statements to Luwin:

Broken, Bran thought bitterly as he clutched his knife. Is that what he was now? Bran the Broken? "I don't want to be broken," he whispered fiercely to Maester Luwin, who'd been seated to his right. "I want to be a knight."  AGOT Bran VI

and 

If I had a poleaxe with a big long haft, Hodor could be my legs. We could be a knight together."  AGOT Bran VI

Bran wants to be a knight very badly and he's already worked out how to do this.   

No.  Bran is broken and those legs aren't going to suddenly start working again.  But he is now a part of the weirnet and full of promise to become a very powerful greenseer so he will experience walking through his visions of others.  Of course, he could end up skin changing Hodor or others but I'm hoping that he doesn't go down that dark road. 

Archived