Will Bran walk again???

AlaskanSandman

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Par for the course.  A non answer while Martin was in his heyday of interviews. Could mean Bran is gonna fly or it could mean that Bran walks while skinchanging or it could mean any multitude of answers.

Let’s say Bran is paralyzed from his fall. It wasn’t actually a fall --- he was tossed to what Jaime thought was death.

Bran survives the toss. Bran can’t walk. Hodor carries Bran around in a basket on Hodor’s back. In the book Bran is a child who has not yet reached the growth spurt that Issac experienced. Can you imagine Hodor carrying Issac in a basket on his back?

Let’s say moody Jojen’s task was to get Bran to the 3EC and that Jojen’s task is finished.  Strange that the further Jojen gets from his homeland the sicker he gets. Yet his sister feels no such effect (or is that affects). Maybe it has something to do with the moss green eyes.

Martin wrote the long torturous journey of Bran & companions trying to arrive at the destination ---how does Martin get them out? Do the three fingered tree huggers have a canoe stashed down near the river that runs under the cave?

No, She-Ra Meera drags Issac on a sled until Benjen shows up and saves the day. Then poof Bran is at WF.,Does that sound like summtin Martin would/will write.

Is Bran paralyzed? Can he walk?  Well hells bells he drags himself along the ground by using his arm strength.

Bran is pretending to be paralyzed ---lets Hodor carry him around in a basket --- oh the tricks children play. Yea, right.

A little dramatic no?

Maybe his power is crippling him.

Maybe bloodraven is crippling him.

maybe something else hahah I dont think Bran is tricking any one though. He can't walk. That's obvious. The question of whether he would walk again, being dodged by Martin. Gives some possibility that something else might be paralyzing Bran. That or he'll get healed by magic. They can bring back the fricking dead, they can't make people walk again?

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Sorry, I was asking what in the book led you to believe that Garth grew a tree in him, but I am not awake today and realized you think the weirwood paste will literally wed bran to a tree, like bloodraven with roots growing out of his eye socket. 

I also figure greensight would be rare in them as well 

Yea thats where i was going with it hahah

And we're told as much, we just assume it applies to humans as well. Though they're technically speaking of the CotF.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran III

"I thought the greenseers were the wizards of the children," Bran said. "The singers, I mean."
"In a sense. Those you call the children of the forest have eyes as golden as the sun, but once in a great while one is born amongst them with eyes as red as blood, or green as the moss on a tree in the heart of the forest. By these signs do the gods mark those they have chosen to receive the gift. The chosen ones are not robust, and their quick years upon the earth are few, for every song must have its balance. But once inside the wood they linger long indeed. A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees. Greenseers."

Which is odd cause Bloodraven has a red eye, the Ghost of High Heart has red eyes, Jojen has moss green eyes, and yet Bran has Blue eyes. 

Which as far as purple eyes, youd think would originate from blue and red mixing. Fire and Ice?

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Sorry, I was asking what in the book led you to believe that Garth grew a tree in him

Sorry, he's described as a man at first then described as a god. One who demands blood sacrifices. He's also said to be green all over and have antlers. Maybe that's a metaphor for the branches?  Plus we have other legends that sound similar. Like Ygg the pale demon tree that fed on human flesh and was killed by the Grey King. A talking moving tree sounds a little silly, except there is a talking moving weirwood door, which may be the heart or brain of the weirwood net. 

I know it's not out right stated, just something that seems hinted in the metaphors of the legends.

5 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Yea thats where i was going with it hahah

And we're told as much, we just assume it applies to humans as well. Though they're technically speaking of the CotF.

exactly

Which is odd cause Bloodraven has a red eye, the Ghost of High Heart has red eyes, Jojen has moss green eyes, and yet Bran has Blue eyes.

Albinism is magical in ASOIAF. Ghost, Bloodraven, The Ghost of High Heart, all magical. But so is Stark blood. Skinchangers, Greenseers, Wargs. 

Sorry, he's described as a man at first then described as a god. One who demands blood sacrifices. He's also said to be green all over and have antlers. Maybe that's a metaphor for the branches?  Plus we have other legends that sound similar. Like Ygg the pale demon tree that fed on human flesh and was killed by the Grey King. A talking moving tree sounds a little silly, except there is a talking moving weirwood door, which may be the heart or brain of the weirwood net. 

I know it's not out right stated, just something that seems hinted in the metaphors of the legends.

Ok. I see 

@Faera said:

Well, "hold his weirwood paste" so to speak because he could take control of someone else to do it. (become a knight, that is)

Jaime?

It makes some circular kind of sense (to me) for Bran to come across Jaime in the far North towards the end of the story and for Bran to achieve his kinightly dreams through warging Jaime’s body ... ? A final part of Jaime’s redemption ... ?

Apols for being several pages out of date and not knowing how to quote properly ...

6 hours ago, Benedict Oathkeeper said:

@Faera said:

Well, "hold his weirwood paste" so to speak because he could take control of someone else to do it. (become a knight, that is)

Jaime?

It makes some circular kind of sense (to me) for Bran to come across Jaime in the far North towards the end of the story and for Bran to achieve his kinightly dreams through warging Jaime’s body ... ? A final part of Jaime’s redemption ... ?

Apols for being several pages out of date and not knowing how to quote properly ...

Possibly.

I actually started a thread called 'The Bran-Hodor Conundrum' where we are exploring the idea of Bran and Hodor together making an ideal knight though we have also started to focus on other "partners" for Bran. 

@Seams in particular is developing the idea of the "patchwork knight" few other suggests have come up (Theon, Meera has also be tentatively touched on too). One thing we all seem to semi-agree on is the possible need for "openness" through pain, adversity or sickness for which would certainly fit Jaime. ^_^

I don't think Bran will walk again in his own body. And I really do not think he is faking anything, that he is bringing this on himself mentally. ADDING: He will fly, and already is flying, but he may end up with a much larger animal (please be a giant bat! please be a giant bat!!!! :wub:)

Now, will he make it out of the cave? :dunno: If Bran isn't already turning in to a tree, then the author has given two other escapè routes for Bran and friends to take. That down low backdoor (that has been discussed to death) and the river. I tend to think that IF Bran makes it out, it will be by river because of the water element that is so frequently detailed to the north/Wall/magic plot lines. That "backdoor" is further north, which would be double hell to get back south and seems a needless waste of time and ink.

Speaking of Luwin...

On 2/16/2018 at 10:29 PM, Curled Finger said:

I've never considered Bran walking in his own body again.    I did take the Varamyr prologue to be all the lessons Bran needs to successfully become a skin changing abomination.   Then again, he made those statements to Luwin:

Broken, Bran thought bitterly as he clutched his knife. Is that what he was now? Bran the Broken? "I don't want to be broken," he whispered fiercely to Maester Luwin, who'd been seated to his right. "I want to be a knight."  AGOT Bran VI

and 

If I had a poleaxe with a big long haft, Hodor could be my legs. We could be a knight together."  AGOT Bran VI

Bran wants to be a knight very badly and he's already worked out how to do this.   

I agree with Curled. Not only this, but in other ways he can become a knight that actually fits with what we know about him and the story as a whole.

In general, I shared a few ideas about Luwin and knights and Bran, etc in another thread a while ago. Basically:

Bran has always dreamed to be a knight even though there are no knights in the north, and he shares this idea with Luwin. So what is a broken boy to do? Well, naturally the maester encourages Citadel training because that should teach the magic out of the boy. Kindly, dear old Maester Luwin is frequently telling Bran that the Children of the Forest (and other old god creatures) are gone. Bran tries to explain his dreams and feelings to Luwin and the response he gets is:

• Broken, Bran thought bitterly as he clutched his knife. Is that what he was now? Bran the Broken? "I don't want to be broken," he whispered fiercely to Maester Luwin, who'd been seated to his right. "I want to be a knight."
    "There are some who call my order the knights of the mind," Luwin replied. "You are a surpassing clever boy when you work at it, Bran. Have you ever thought that you might wear a maester's chain? There is no limit to what you might learn."
    "I want to learn magic," Bran told him. "The crow promised that I would fly."
Maester Luwin sighed. "I can teach you history, healing, herblore. I can teach you the speech of ravens, and how to build a castle, and the way a sailor steers his ship by the stars. I can teach you to measure the days and mark the seasons, and at the Citadel in Oldtown they can teach you a thousand things more. But, Bran, no man can teach you magic."
"The children could," Bran said. "The children of the forest." That reminded him of the promise he had made to Osha in the godswood, so he told Luwin what she had said.

But this is not quite true because we have Bran in his weirwood throne actually learning everything, and more, that Luwin claimed the Citadel could teach him. There is no way that the Citadel can give this level of learning... could they?
  • Could Ice= Bran, Fire= Citadel/Oldtown with its beacon fires?

There is something called a wood dancer in the story and they are thought to be the knights of the Children of the Forest. So, in a way Bran has achieved his wish, while simultaneously proving maesters wrong.

• The hunters among the children—their wood dancers—became their warriors as well, but for all their secret arts of tree and leaf, they could only slow the First Men in their advance. The greenseers employed their arts, and tales say that they could call the beasts of marsh, forest, and air to fight on their behalf: direwolves and monstrous snowbears, cave lions and eagles, mammoths and serpents, and more.

Bran has become THE knight of the mind. Brains before brawn.

10 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

exactly

Albinism is magical in ASOIAF. Ghost, Bloodraven, The Ghost of High Heart, all magical. But so is Stark blood. Skinchangers, Greenseers, Wargs. 

Do you think there's any special reason Bran has Blue eyes as opposed to the Golden, Green or Red ones mentioned of people with his gift? I dont have an answer or idea for it

9 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Do you think there's any special reason Bran has Blue eyes as opposed to the Golden, Green or Red ones mentioned of people with his gift? I dont have an answer or idea for it

I don't think Bran's eye color makes a difference. If the series ever gets finished I might change my mind, but so far, his stark blood is the important thing 

12 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I don't think Bran's eye color makes a difference. If the series ever gets finished I might change my mind, but so far, his stark blood is the important thing 

I like the idea of them playing some part in things, i just can't decide what. I feel the mention is important, but achieving purple via red and blue coming together? Only one i can think of is Melisandre and Stannis coming together to create a shadow demon, but unless this is going to come back into play, i dont see it mattering. 

On 2/26/2018 at 9:37 PM, AlaskanSandman said:

A little dramatic no?

Actually Idon't think I was being dramatic.

Maybe his power is crippling him.

Maybe bloodraven is crippling him.

Maybe.

He can't walk. That's obvious. The question of whether he would walk again, being dodged by Martin. Gives some possibility that something else might be paralyzing Bran

In this tale Bran skinchanges Hodor. Guess that means Bran walks. Bran also skinchanges ravens, Guess that means Bran flies. Bran also wargs Summer. Guess that means he runs with the wolves.

Gives some possibility that something else might be paralyzing Bran. That or he'll get healed by magic. They can bring back the fricking dead, they can't make people walk again?

Who be they?

20 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:
On 2/26/2018 at 6:37 PM, AlaskanSandman said:

That or he'll get healed by magic. They can bring back the fricking dead, they can't make people walk again?

Who be they?

They be the peeps who use magic young pup

4 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

They be the peeps who use magic young pup

Har, in my best Tormund voice, I like the young pup inference.

But ya ain’t tolded me who they be. Peeps ain't an answer.

Please be free to ignore my lapse in better judgement for engaging.. :cheers:

Har de har ---- peeps ---- Easter is coming --- damn dem little sugary yellow chicks.

I'm as old as ole Nan and didna give one of dem peep thawgs to me childrens.

You do a good job at defending your threads.

Archived