U.S. Politics: Gunnin' From The Long Arm of the Law

Sivin

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

Hmm ok.

We're fucked. I'm building a rocket to go to mars.

Bad idea. Mars is D E D dead. If we can't save this planet, you'll be planting potatoes in your own shit by the second Christmas dinner. 

2 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Here's a list of every gun reform act passed by America's Congress since the Sandy Hook massacre:

Post of the year.

4 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Bad idea. Mars is D E D dead. If we can't save this planet, you'll be planting potatoes in your own shit by the second Christmas dinner. 

Nah that's just what the deep state wants you to think. Mars is actually green and lush and filled with naked green skinned women.

Here's some inFUNmation about gats.

Almost 200,000 people have been murdered in this country since 1999 by firearms.

Almost 4,500 soldiers have been killed to date in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of them by IED's.

So I think the only answer is for full battle-rattle to be donned in all public spaces. 

Monmouth has Saccone with Slight Lead in PA-18 Special Election

Saccone holds a 49% to 46% edge over Democrat Conor Lamb in the race to fill the open House seat on March 13, using a turnout model similar to voting patterns seen in other special elections over the past year. Another 1% opt for a third party candidate and 4% are undecided. A historical turnout model, based on lower turnout than the 2014 midterm, gives Saccone a larger 50% to 45% lead. A model with higher turnout overall, similar to a presidential electorate, gives Saccone a 48% to 44% advantage. It is worth noting that all of these leads are within the poll’s margin of error for each model.

Living in the Pittsburgh market, I've seen plenty of Saccone ads - mostly on MSNBC of all places - and exactly zero Lamb ads.  While Lamb has a personal fundraising advantage over Saccone, the NRCC has invested $2 million in ad buys for Saccone compared to the DCCC's $236,000 for Lamb.  Hopefully this poll will motivate the party to devote more institutional resources to the race; as well as galvanize outside groups to help make up the difference in soft money.

Tammy Duckworth says DACA deal fell through about an hour ago.

Goodbye, Dreamers. At the end of the day they weren't technically voters, so this is merely a humanitarian tragedy instead of a political defeat. 

Silver linings, people. 

19 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Starting to look like deporting them was always the goal and they were just slow-playing it and acting publicly like they wanted to find a deal.

Started to look like that the minute he revoked the DACA protections.

Not sure why the alarm bells aren't sounding everywhere. This school shooting is the best thing to happen to Republicans since that budget deal passed.

Now not only do REpublicans get to deport all the dirty brown folks, they can rope-a-dope on thoughts and prayers until after all the unwanteds are gone and no one will notice until the deed has been done. 

44 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Now not only do REpublicans get to deport all the dirty brown folks, they can rope-a-dope on thoughts and prayers until after all the unwanteds are gone and no one will notice until the deed has been done. 

Ignoring the fact the administration is keeping DACA on life support, or even that any true deadline is complicated, the nominal "deadline" for DACA is still two weeks away (March 5).  Judging by past shootings, this one will be forgotten for at least ten days by then.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Ignoring the fact the administration is keeping DACA on life support, or even that any true deadline is complicated, the nominal "deadline" for DACA is still two weeks away (March 5).  Judging by past shootings, this one will be forgotten for at least ten days by then.

If you think that in 3 weeks there won't be ICE agents burning rubber to round up newly designated fair targets, you're a fool.

I mean that. I like you, you're really knowledgeable and add a lot to this forum. But give me a break man, they'll take any excuse not to give them permanent status. 

Regarding how long this will stay in the public memory, I am expecting McConnell and Ryan to pretend to be focused on "ways to protect our schools" that lead nowhere until after March 6

4 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

If you think that in 3 weeks there won't be ICE agents burning rubber to round up newly designated fair targets, you're a fool.

There are orders from federal judges to keep the program going until the litigation is resolved. I have not seen anything from the Trump administration that suggests they would be willing to defy the courts.

Archived