Whom was Rheagar's father?

Black Dragons

To people I just watch a video that list to reasons why Mad King so envious of Tywin Lannister and why he work so hard to have birth to a child. The video state that he knew that Rheagar was NOT is HIS SON! That Knight the Bonifer Hasty was the father.  It is true that Queen Rhaella Targaryen love the knight but they did give into their Love?  That why Rheagar was the man that he was and that Viserys was what he was.  Your thoughts please

3 hours ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

To people I just watch a video that list to reasons why Mad King so envious of Tywin Lannister and why he work so hard to have birth to a child. The video state that he knew that Rheagar was NOT is HIS SON! That Knight the Bonifer Hasty was the father.  It is true that Queen Rhaella Targaryen love the knight but they did give into their Love?  That why Rheagar was the man that he was and that Viserys was what he was.  Your thoughts please

Who is Daenerys's father?

3 hours ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

Rhaegar was messed up and perhaps the reason for his erratic decision making has to do with his parentage.  He is an extremely flawed man when even compared to his brother Viserys.  So perhaps this theory might get traction because this guy Bonifer is of the same material as Baelor the Blessed and the Damphair.  Of the three Targaryen siblings, the most fit to rule and to lead is Daenerys.  Her brothers are cock ups and one of them at the least put the security of the kingdom at risk just to help a runaway northern girl.  At worst, kidnapped that girl and raped her. 

On 2/17/2018 at 10:06 PM, Sophia [email protected] said:

To people I just watch a video that list to reasons why Mad King so envious of Tywin Lannister and why he work so hard to have birth to a child.

The relationship between Aerys and Tywin was rather complicated and certain factors which contributed to their gradual estrangement need to be considered such as the fact that both were in love with the same woman and that Tywin's character and attitude were greatly affected by his father's incompetence.

The video state that he knew that Rheagar was NOT is HIS SON! That Knight the Bonifer Hasty was the father.  It is true that Queen Rhaella Targaryen love the knight but they did give into their Love?  That why Rheagar was the man that he was and that Viserys was what he was.  

The facts in the case of the personal life of Aerys Targaryen are as follows:

• He was forced to marry his sister Rhaella only because his father believed in a prophecy
  • Aerys was promiscuous and unfaithful to his wife and was rumoured to have an affair with Joanna Lannister
  • In contract to the Aerys/Joanna affair which was consumated, there no indication that Rhaella actually had an affair with Bonifer. In fact throughout the narrative it is stated how pious Bonifer is:

"He put away his lance the day your lady mother wed your father. Afterward he became most pious, and was heard to say that only the Maiden could replace Queen Rhaella in his heart. His passion was impossible, of course. A landed knight is no fit consort for a princess of royal blood."

Ser Bonifer himself had been a promising knight in his youth, but something had happened to him, a defeat or a disgrace or a near brush with death, and afterward he had decided that jousting was an empty vanity and put away his lance for good and all.

• Aerys was the one who had numerous affairs and once he had his mistress executed because he accused of poisoning one his children. Had Aerys suspected that Rhaegar was not his,he would have killed the child.
  • There is no indication that Bonifer interacted with Rhaella during the time that Rhaegar was conceived.
  • As for the fact that Viserys was different that Rhaegar, so is Daenerys. Does this mean that Dany is not the daughter of Aerys as well? Besides there are many examples of Targaryen siblings who have almost nothing in common: Egg was a sweet boy, Aemon was a bookworm, Daeron was a drunk (and extremely witty) and Aeron Targaryen was a sadist. Yet all four they were the sons of Maekar and Dyanna. 

In short, despite the tension between father and son and the vastly different personalities, there is nothing in the books so far which suggests that Rhaegar was fathered by someone other than Aerys Targaryen II.

Aerys had a complicated relationship with Tywin because it was well-known that he was the one who truly ruled the Seven Kingdoms and Aerys was just a puppet. Aerys was a proud man and to have it known that everyone around knew Tywin did most of the ruling must've stung.

Aerys and Rhaegar's relationship probably also went south because of Aerys' incompetence and because he was abusive towards Rhaella. Think Aegon IV-Daeron II; the father is a bad king and abusive to the queen and the son is not about that. Naturally, their relationship falters.

I don't think there is anything which indicates that Rhaegar could be the son of anyone by Aerys. Rhaegar was born right at the beginning of Aerys' and  Rhaella's marriage. They were almost children themselves when he was born so I doubt there was any infidelity on Rhaella's part. Also, Aerys didn't become paranoid and distrustful until his infant son died. When Rhaegar was a child they were very close.

Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys are the only three children of King Aerys II and Queen Rhaella Targaryen to survive the cradle. I have yet to see anything to make me think otherwise. So, Aerys is Rhaegar's father.s

Not everyone's Jon Snow with a big question make over their parentage. ^_^ 

Alright then.  Let's get into it.  Daenerys Targaryen is the Child of Three.  There are many reasons why she is referred to as the "child of three." and one of those is Aerys + Rhaella = Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys.  The third living child of the King and the Queen of Westeros.  She is the third and the last child of House Targaryen.  There are many other reason, like I said.  This is just one of them.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Alright then.  Let's get into it.  Daenerys Targaryen is the Child of Three.  There are many reasons why she is referred to as the "child of three." and one of those is Aerys + Rhaella = Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys.  The third living child of the King and the Queen of Westeros.  She is the third and the last child of House Targaryen.  There are many other reason, like I said.  This is just one of them.

I disagree with you but we shall the truth in books in 2018 I hope LOL

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, AmberEmpress said:

I don't think there is anything which indicates that Rhaegar could be the son of anyone by Aerys. Rhaegar was born right at the beginning of Aerys' and  Rhaella's marriage. They were almost children themselves when he was born so I doubt there was any infidelity on Rhaella's part. Also, Aerys didn't become paranoid and distrustful until his infant son died. When Rhaegar was a child they were very close.

Rhaella was not marry to her brother at the time so there is no infidelity on any one part.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:14 AM, Danelle said:

The relationship between Aerys and Tywin was rather complicated and certain factors which contributed to their gradual estrangement need to be considered such as the fact that both were in love with the same woman and that Tywin's character and attitude were greatly affected by his father's incompetence.

The facts in the case of the personal life of Aerys Targaryen are as follows:

• He was forced to marry his sister Rhaella only because his father believed in a prophecy
  • Aerys was promiscuous and unfaithful to his wife and was rumoured to have an affair with Joanna Lannister
  • In contract to the Aerys/Joanna affair which was consumated, there no indication that Rhaella actually had an affair with Bonifer. In fact throughout the narrative it is stated how pious Bonifer is:
  • Aerys was the one who had numerous affairs and once he had his mistress executed because he accused of poisoning one his children. Had Aerys suspected that Rhaegar was not his,he would have killed the child.
  • There is no indication that Bonifer interacted with Rhaella during the time that Rhaegar was conceived.
  • As for the fact that Viserys was different that Rhaegar, so is Daenerys. Does this mean that Dany is not the daughter of Aerys as well? Besides there are many examples of Targaryen siblings who have almost nothing in common: Egg was a sweet boy, Aemon was a bookworm, Daeron was a drunk (and extremely witty) and Aeron Targaryen was a sadist. Yet all four they were the sons of Maekar and Dyanna. 

In short, despite the tension between father and son and the vastly different personalities, there is nothing in the books so far which suggests that Rhaegar was fathered by someone other than Aerys Targaryen II.

I believe that Dany is child of someone else but that is an other theory.

On 2/17/2018 at 0:06 PM, Sophia [email protected] said:

Videos are not a reliable source. Especially if it's a Preston Jacobs video. 

Beyond that Ser Bonnifer Hasty is a painfully honorable character who would not have an affair with another man's wife.

11 hours ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

I believe that Dany is child of someone else but that is an other theory.

That is an interesting notion. Who do you think that her mother and father are?

Do you think that other Targaryens who are completely different to their siblings are illegitimate as well? Maekar's children as I mentioned were very different, especially Aerion,was he a bastard? Aegon the Unworthy was the exact opposite of Aemon the Dragonknight (in fact they were more different than Rhaegar and Viserys) and last but not least, there is Daeron and Baelor, the exact opposites, does this mean that they had another father or mother?

On 2/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, Sophia [email protected] said:

I disagree with you but we shall the truth in books in 2018 I hope LOL

We are entitled to our own theories and unlike many people here I admit the parents of the main characters have yet to be fully revealed.  In other words, none of the theories regarding parents and their off springs has been confirmed.  One important consideration, the show and the books are not the same.  HBO has decided to write their own story and it is not the same one George is writing.  So you keep right on with your ideas.  I respect that. 

Throwing in Bonifer's lackluster family history somewhat ruins the line leading up to Dany and Jon Snow., which clearly has been kept very tightly Targaryen/First Men. The whole point of the generations of incest is that Dany is still pretty much half Targaryen and half First Men despite seeming so purely Targ. If Rhaegar is not also half Targ and half FM, then Jon has a random bit of Hasty blood and is in fact unaware of a living grandfather who is working with the Lannisters. 

It really doesn't fit the narrative. 

This is the grammar police, everything you post can and will be used against you.

Seriously, reading that user name, my first thought was: "spam bot" - but those are usually better programmed.

"Whom was Rhaegar's father". Yes? Whom was he ...telling a story? ...or serving dinner, maybe? And did nobody ever tell you, the third person singular demands an "s"? As in "video.. lists/states", "he works", &ct.

It's really hard to understand what you're trying to express.

It would be a bit too much, if ultimately every Targaryen had other parents than claimed...

Only interesting point about it: Rhaegar looks like his mother (i.e. Targaryen), and his son looks like his mother too (i.e. Stark), thus continuing the "tradition". :D

On 2/17/2018 at 0:06 PM, Sophia [email protected] said:

I can tell the video is stupid without watching it. Aerys is Rhaegar's father. Rhaegar was the last dragon 

Archived