Epilogue... Finale

Pride of Driftmark

I like the idea that the final epilogue takes place thousands of years in the future, right around when the next long night is about to begin.

Maybe have it be a stark, who briefly references his famous ancestors (the main characters of the series) and give us a chance to find out how characters are remembered.

I think that writing an ending to such a complex series without being cheesy is very hard and although Martin knows where he wants the end up the actual ending is also unknown to himself. I actually think there won't be a clear cut ending epilogue... just something ambiguous. Not in the future, the winter probably isn't even over (a Dream of Spring implies that it isn't spring yet) but an ending chapter of Bran is likely... end the series with the starting character is just a nice literary loop

3 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Sam closing the narration of what happened.

Bran waking from his dream in Winterfell and hearing that king Robert is coming North.

I know you're not serious but please no, both would make me equally mad. 1. The story isn't written narative like that. 2. I would probably burn the books.

Archived