Your favourite unintentionally funny line

Canon Claude

Mine is the exchange when Loras, in a fit of rage, accuses Brienne of murdering Renly. Then when Brienne protests:

Brienne: I would have died for him!

Loras: (draws his sword) You will!

I’ve thought a lot about this exchange and whether it’s supposed to be viewed with amusement, but I don’t think so. But it’s just such a clever comeback from Loras, in the middle of such a melodramatic moment, that I laugh whenever I think about it or reread it.

Anyone else have an example of their own?

That’s a pretty good example, Claude.

Though I think my favourite example is any line Arys Oakheart says regarding his or Arianne’s virtue. It’s just so delusional and absurd that it’s hilarious. Not to mention that we get into Arianne’s head and we know she’s playing him like a fiddle. I do feel sorry for him though, he’s just a hopeless idiot in over his head.

Not so much funny, but I did spot an interesting parallel the other day:

SoS, Jaime VII, right after Jaime tells Tywin he intends to remain in the Kingsguard,

Firelight gleamed golden in the stiff whiskers that framed Lord Tywin's face. A vein pulsed in his neck, but he did not speak. And did not speak. And did not speak.

Somewhat reminiscent of "and so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere..."

Archived