What if Great Spring Sickness did not happen?

Paxter Redwyne

How history would turn out if Great Spring Sickness did not happen? Let's assume that great drought would still happen. Would Blackfyres dare to try to start new rebellion while Daeron the Good still lived or would they wait until Valarr becomes king? And if Dagon started raiding western coast, do you think that unlike Aerys I, would he try to stop him? 

If the Spring Sickness didn’t happen, then Valarr becomes king and his sons after him. If Valarr is anything like his dad, he would have been a good king. The Blackfyres probably still try again, likely with even less success. Bloodraven might never go north as a prisoner, maybe as a volunteer instead. Unless that septon was right and Bloodraven was the one behind Valarr’s death.

Valarr becoming king means that Maekar never becomes king, and neither does Egg. Not to mention Valarr hates Duncan, and maybe hates Maekar and his family too, for their roles in his father's death. I wouldn't be surprised if Maekar didn't end up getting placed into a deep disfavour, maybe even loses Summerhall. We might have even seen a second, smaller Dance of Dragons as Valarr purges his court. 

But assuming that Valarr doesn't hold a grudge that hard, and Maekar and his family continue to hold some semblance of power in Westeros, Duncan serves their family and becomes Egg's sworn shield. Egg marries the woman he wants, and his children never have the pressures of arranged marriages, at least none as important as if Egg became king. 

There's a good chance that the timeline of Valarr's line taking the throne looks far better than the timeline that actually happens. Sure, we wouldn't get a lot of our favourite characters, but meh, they did a terrible job keeping the peace within their timeline.

Whatever happened at Summerhall wouldn't have happened. We don't know what happened, but we know it was significant, so when we find out what happened there we can imagine it not happening in this scenario.

Even as I was typing this, I realised how stupid I sound. 

Archived