Why did nobody arm Wun-Wun for the Battle of the Bastards?

Angel Eyes

On 24/02/2018 at 6:08 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Seriously, nobody thought to make a shield for him or give him a log to use as a weapon and might have survived the battle. With a log, he was unstoppable at Hardhome.

Jon was so preoccupied with fighting with the army he had that he forgot to provision his army. This disdain for provisions is why Lyanna Mormont suggested crowning him King of the North afterwards; she hates knitting and socks too. As far as she sees it, if you can't fight without provisions, you're not a real person.

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

Maybe giants consider that weapons and protections are for southron sissies…

We saw giants quite competently handle bow+arrow (sometimes considered a "sissy" weapon) at the battle for Castle Black. They are obviosly used to weapons, even craft them.

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Now I'm curious; how much more does it cost to have a giant wielding a log compared to having the giant alone? Did the wight polar bear really break the bank that much?

They had to cut ghost from that battle for buget reasons. 

Given wun wun’s size i would guess it would require cgi

6 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Jon was so preoccupied with fighting with the army he had that he forgot to provision his army. This disdain for provisions is why Lyanna Mormont suggested crowning him King of the North afterwards; she hates knitting and socks too. As far as she sees it, if you can't fight without provisions, you're not a real person.

It's a good thing the [show[ Northerners and wildlings are in the North away from everyone else, or their collective stupidity would have killed them all ages ago.  

This is what upsets me when people say Jon is dumb and lost the battle, sansa won it, etc. He had wun wun. Even without a weapon, wun wun could have broken that circle shield entrapment. Wun wun would have also knocked down the gates at winterfell if the Bolton armies just stayed inside like everyone says they should have. The writers only used him to break into winterfell. Still an awesome battle scene. I do wish he not only had a weapon, but I also would have liked to see him terrify Bolton bannermen away from the battle from jump street...to prove Jon right about Ramseys men not wanting to fight for him since he wouldn't fight for them. Which again, would make Jon look more intelligent, but it wouldn't be Sansas victory. So yeah, dumbed down writing to make the odds stacked against Jon. 

why didn't Wun Wun arm himself....... he's a big lad... he could have built a weapon for himself faster than it would take 50 men to make it for him.

If a soldier wasn't given a sword and he felt he needed one he would go get one himself the fact Wun Wun didn't maybe means he either didn't feel he needed one or didn't like to use one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 0:56 PM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

why didn't Wun Wun arm himself....... he's a big lad... he could have built a weapon for himself faster than it would take 50 men to make it for him.

If a soldier wasn't given a sword and he felt he needed one he would go get one himself the fact Wun Wun didn't maybe means he either didn't feel he needed one or didn't like to use one.

That too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived