Would Lady Stoneheart kill Roslin?

Angel Eyes

Hrm.   The biggest thing I get from LSH is that crown turning in her hands.    That always left me with a creepy feeling regarding LSH's intent.   That crown is obviously a huge factor in whatever she's up to.   If she is not merely after revenge, which I'm reasonably sure the crown indicates, she's got other motives for her actions against Brienne.   Probably Jamie, too.  Does she know Rosalyn is pregnant?   Does she trust this child is Edmure's?   Does it matter to her at this point?   I get the feeling it might figure into whatever her larger plan is.   I think by virtue of her mere existence LSH would be able to get Edmure, Rosalyn or whomever she opts to influence to jump right in line with her agenda.   She's a scary er, lady.   I can't see how an unborn child would figure into her plan, but I can't see her killing the last of the Tullys either.   

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Sure, why not?  She was involved, she could have tipped off Edmure but she didn't.  I wouldn't shed a tear for her.  

Bit of sexism there you'll encounter a lot of the females of House Frey get a pass even though a lot of them were in the know.  

19 minutes ago, Darksnider05 said:

Bit of sexism there you'll encounter a lot of the females of House Frey get a pass even though a lot of them were in the know.  

In-story house Frey is deeply misogynic. What little we see is Walder acting like a fundamentalist mormon cult leader. None of the women has any say (that we have seen or heard of) - so we cannot fault them as much as those who did.

There is surely guilt of enabling the massacre, but that goes for a lot of others too (maester, musicians, soldiers) and nobody is howling for any of their blood either. And they aren't women so...

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Sure, why not?  She was involved, she could have tipped off Edmure but she didn't.  I wouldn't shed a tear for her.  

What if Lothar said to his three years old daughter: "Daddy is going to break the guest right"?

Should she be executed for not warning the Northmen?

18 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

What if Lothar said to his three years old daughter: "Daddy is going to break the guest right"?

Should she be executed for not warning the Northmen?

Roslin isn't three though is she?  Unless you meant she had the mind of a three year old?  She's an adult, and was an active participant, with full understanding.  Why isn't she as guilty as anyone else?

5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Ditto. She gets a lot of sympathy from some because at one point or another she seems... distraught or whatever. But she could have warned Edmure, or at the very least tried to warn him or someone else. 

I am sure that she will hang Roslin pregnant or not.She is a Frey who had an important role in the Red Wedding no matter if she wanted it or not. From what we see, Roslin had no desire to play her role but Stoneheart has shown us that such things don't matter for her.

26 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Even if she warned Edmure, would that change anything?

No, it will only spring the trap earlier.

There's no way of knowing that. The only thing we can be sure of is it wouldn't be the same story. 

40 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Even if she warned Edmure, would that change anything?

No, it will only spring the trap earlier.

How do you figure? Robb has a huge army, if the Starks/Tullys had been warned there may have been no Red Wedding at all, at the least, it would have given them a fighting chance.  

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Say when Roslin Frey-Tully travels to Casterly Rock, she bumps into Lady Stoneheart? Would she be spared for her child is Edmure's? Would Lady Stoneheart hang Roslin for being a Frey and possibly being part of the Red Wedding, and kill Baby Tully to boot for his Frey blood? Or would she just kill Roslin and spare the baby?

Most definitely , Freys , Boltons , Karstarks ,Lannisters and Jon Snow . You don't earn the name Stoneheart by being merciful.

Lady Stoneheart has no conscience left anymore. That means everything is put to its extreme side. Anything can happen when it comes to this. She has just one thought: avenge, kill, avenge, kill. There's nothing holding her back from that dark, twisted point of view.

On 10/03/2018 at 2:23 PM, Cas Stark said:

Exactly most readers side with her based on the fact she is a young woman and was "forced" into the RW which is true BUT she could have warned Edmure numerous times before the bedding ceremony took place. Even a short my father plans on killing you all after the wedding be careful they are all watching us as we speak, then Edmure might have been able to sneak outside to Robbs army. If Robbs army leave the tent intact does Walder continue with the plan with over 3k men outside his walls ?. 

On 2/27/2018 at 0:21 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Lady Stoneheart is mindlessly dedicated to two things: Killing all anyone she gets her hands on, Freys especially, and the complete character assassination of Catelyn Stark.

Well, the point GRRM is trying to make went over your head.  Hope you got a nice breeze as it whizzed by, at least.

Lady Stoneheart is meant to show the utter hollowness of being driven solely by revenge.  Her entire role is pretty clearly to be a foil to Arya, who is going to come back to Westeros looking to murder her way down her list.  I think she runs into Lady Stoneheart, sees what she's become, and turns aside to reunite with her family instead of pursuing revenge.  

1 minute ago, cpg2016 said:

Well, the point GRRM is trying to make went over your head.  Hope you got a nice breeze as it whizzed by, at least.

Lady Stoneheart is meant to show the utter hollowness of being driven solely by revenge.  Her entire role is pretty clearly to be a foil to Arya, who is going to come back to Westeros looking to murder her way down her list.  I think she runs into Lady Stoneheart, sees what she's become, and turns aside to reunite with her family instead of pursuing revenge.  

I've got none of this from seeing Lady Stoneheart in action.  The message your trying to spread doesn't work as the entire series is people fighting over revenge and it hasn't stopped anyone.  Stoneheart is just the first to have an actual credible mass target for it.

9 minutes ago, cpg2016 said:

Maybe.  But there are a lot of us out there who gave a 'hell yeah, it's about fucking time some Starks gave a little pay back for the Red Wedding'...  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Maybe.  But there are a lot of us out there who gave a 'hell yeah, it's about fucking time some Starks gave a little pay back for the Red Wedding'...  

Exactly.  That's the point.  Ditto with Theon, at first.  And then you're supposed to go "holy shit, this is too far, nothing justifies this".  Merrett Frey might be a detestable idiot, but did he deserve to be murdered under a flag of truce?  Petyr Frey might not have had anything to do with the Red Wedding, but is hanged.  Brienne, one of the few genuinely heroic characters in the novels, is threatened with a hanging undeservedly.  The entire point of LSH is that revenge is not justice, and our initial glee at seeing the comeuppance of the Freys and Boltons and Lannisters should be tempered by the equally abhorrent brutality with which it is carried out, and moreover, by the scattershot and unjust approach with which it is carried out.  I think this is going to be brought to its conclusion in WoW, when Jeyne Westerling is brutally murdered on the road for her "role" in the Red Wedding, despite the genuine love she and Robb shared.

18 minutes ago, Darksnider05 said:

I've got none of this from seeing Lady Stoneheart in action.  The message your trying to spread doesn't work as the entire series is people fighting over revenge and it hasn't stopped anyone.  Stoneheart is just the first to have an actual credible mass target for it.

Like Brienne?  Like Merrett Frey, murdered under a flag of truce?  Like the teenaged Petyr Frey?

The entire series is most certainly not people fighting over revenge.  And the ones who do (like Doran Martell) are shown to be flawed characters whose revenge plots are going to kill them, their families, and a lot of innocent people.

Archived