Ideas or theories your personal good bad and ugly

One-eyed Misbehavin

I’ll begin by saying I want to try to let people say what they really do believe or not believe or change your mind about every week.

I just want to keep it civil, if someone answers really bother you, try asking why instead of telling them an unpopular opinion is not possible or a polite correction bc we all mess up on this series.

Now that I’ve said that I’ll get to the point which ideas/guesses/working theories are good which are bad and which are plain ugly? If you would like to mention one that really makes you flip-flop I’m really interested in those types.

I was hoping this thread could get big enough to see a brief overview on some stances or opinions 

Ill start with my good (great) idea of a cover up (Wylla + Ned) of a cover up (Ned + Ashara) for a cover up (R+L=J) however the only explanation I have for House Dayne and Ashara’s actions in particular is that she did commit suicide bc her “love fling” killed her brother. Otherwise idk why the Daynes would name their future Lord Edric Dayne 

I have 2 I flip-flop on often.... 1 is that Darkstar has 1 of 2 of the special material swords (Dawn possibly but I think it’ll be orphan maker before Dawn).... yeah I said it.

#2 The other is The shavepate gives a fig about Dany. Just saying if I were a spy I’d certainly go the route he took. (I worry about him bc with or without Dany he has a good place in court and an even more shady place for the future war of mereen) However a bit unrelated I will say I still think Varys to be the perfumed seneschal 

Bonus #3 for TPATQ only so 

Spoiler

Sometimes I really do believe Daemon T was intimate with Alicent Hightower and that’s why Otto compared Daemon to Maegor which is absurd. I also firmly believe Alicent was after Viserys all along and Daemon simply seduced her.

Now.... the bad, I don’t like any dragon-warging stuff bit do believe dragon riders pass emotions and even traits to their dragon. If haggon was right at all could you imagine what someone would turn into after being fire made flesh? Also dragons may be too intelligent to “take over” like hodor for example 

3. The ugly is easy that Bloodraven is an evil person. I know what he’s done, and to me bittersteel’s desperation is the issue, not how BR handled the cards dealt to him. 

But to think he’s just going to end humanity with his new sith apprentice Brandon Stark is absurd. Only questionable part is why BR never visited the Green men. If anyone mentions jojen-paste I think Jojen dies on the way home/at greywater watch. 

I don't separate my theories on bad or good, because either way all theories are just speculations. So after reading ASOIAF books I've had this ideas:

1. Dany's son Rhaego is alive. He was kidnapped by Dothraki, by Khal Pono. His kidnapping was first out of three treasons, predicted to Dany by the Undying. The one for blood.
  2. Ghost of High Heart is Rohanne Webber-Lannister. Jenny of Oldstones was Rohanne's and Gerold Lannister's fifth child. Duncan and Jenny didn't had children, for a long time after their wedding, because at the time they married, he was 18-19 and she was 8-9 years old. Their marriage wasn't consumated for many years after the wedding.
  3. The Sealord of Braavos gave to Oppo and Penny two dragon eggs. Viserion's and Rhaegel's. And later Illyrio bought those eggs. Drogo's egg could be the one from Whitewalls.
  4. Littlefinger was one of Varys' little birds, but then decided to go independent, and betrayed his master.
  5. Bronn is working for Varys. Same as Kettleblacks.
  6. Varys is a Blackfyre, grandson of Calla Blackfyre and Aegor Bittersteel Rivers, founder of Golden Company. Illyrio's wife Serra was Varys' little sister.
  7. Septa Lemore is fAegon's mother. Her real name is Jeyne Swann. The boy's father is Barristan Selmy. Barristan is Valyrian. His mother is Shiera Seastar, and his father is Aenys Blackfyre, or Bloodraven, or Bittersteel.
  8. Johanna Swann the Black Swan of Lys, and member of the Triarchy, was married with Lysandro Rogare, and Larra Rogare was her daughter.
  9. Serenei of Lys, last mistress of Aegon IV, was Larra Rogare, Aegon's mother.
  10. Parents of Rohanne of Tyrosh (wife of Daemon I Blackfyre), were Triarch of Tyrosh and daughter of Larra Rogare and Viserys II, their fourth child, that Larra gave birth to, after she left Westeros. Thus Rohanne is quarter Targaryen, thru her maternal grandfather Viserys II.
  11. Ashara Dayne is alive, now she's living under name Jyana Reed. Edric Ned Dayne is Howland Reed's third child. 
  12. Dawn sword of Daynes is a Lightbringer of Azor Ahai. After events at the Tower of Joy, Ned Stark brought that sword to Winterfell, and hid it in the crypts.
  13. fAegon is mummer's dragon. Mummer is Varys. Perfumed seneschal is Illyrio. Quaithe is Shiera Seastar. 

Syrio is alive. Nobody's brought this up recently. And it's totally unimportant to the overall narrative. He's an experienced fighter and knows that he has no chance to overcome a fully armed and armored knight using half a lead-weighted stick, but that's not what's needed. Just enough delay for Arya to make her escape. Water dancing seems to be composed of ninjutsu and parkour and Meryin Trant is "slow, for a knight". 

It's telling that when Trant reports back that he's failed to secure Arya he says that the "dancing master" interfered, but fails to state that several Lannister guardsmen were killed or incapacitated or that the dancing master had been killed. Sounds like a CYA situation to me.

• 8 months later...

• Aegon Young Griff is son of Rhaegar and Lyanna 

• Daario Naharis is a Blackfyre

• Jenny of Oldstones is a descendant of Aemond through his child with Alys Rivers 

• Gerold Dayne is a grandchild of Maegor son of Aerion and High Hermitage Daynes are descendants of Nymeria and Davos Dayne. Kinda ironic he hates his own ancestor? 

• Maege Mormont and Gerold Hightower had a thing and she aided Rhaegar and Lyanna when they eloped along with Benjen. Since women can't be sent to Wall, Ned punished Jeor that's why Jeor has a sour relationship with his sister. 

• Olenna Redwyne is a member of Order of the Greenhand, that's why she carries the coins the ones who has them has ties with the order. 

• Varys is a descendant of Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar. 

• Illyrio is Salador Saan ;)

1.  Young Griff is the real Quentyn Martell; the other Quentyn Martell (his baby-swapped cousin) is the real Baby Aegon; and a third Quentyn Martell, the  badly burnt one who died on Dany's bed is the Prince of Tatters incognito as a non-descript Windblown.  Septa Lemore is True-Quentyn's mom, Mellario of Novos.

2.  Fake Sam is the next face of the Faceless Man.  Which means real Sam is gone.

3.  Brienne the Fire Wight will be the New Hound, inhuman killing machine and undead hunter of Kingslayers.  She swore it three times, and her three targets will be first Jaime, then Stannis, finally Sansa.

4.  Jaime the Fire Wight will be Ahor Azai Reborn, inhuman killing machine as demonic "savior", whose animated golden hand will hold a flaming sword.  And of course he needs both hands functional to fulfil the Valonqar prophesy.

5.  Sandor Clegane's fate is to be True Knight, Sword of the Morning, and Dragonslayer.  In the company of Lord Edric Dayne, the pair will be mistaken for Brienne and Pod; and Dawn will be mistaken for Oathkeeper.

6.  The weirdly realistic "statues" of dragons at Dragonstone are in fact real dragons, paralyzed and preserved by advanced stages of greyscale.  One or more will be revived by blood magic and kings blood.  RIP Edric Storm and/or Gilly's kingsblood baby.

7.  Lyanna is the daughter of Lady Stark and King Aerys; Rhaegar is the son of Sir Bonifer Hasty and Rhaella.  Hence Rhaegar and Lyanna unite the lines of Aerys and Rhaella, fulfilling the prophesy of the Prince that Was Promised in an unexpected way.  Ser Bonifer is a grandson of Dunk.   Hence, Dunk's descendants include any child(ren) of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

8.  Dany is the "girl in grey" from Mel's prophesy.  In the vision, she rides along the frozen God's Eye lake on her dying horse.  When the horse dies, Nymeria will become  her "third mount" ("three mounts shall you ride").

9.  Tyrion will die after blowing the dragonbinder horn, and spend his "second life" as a bitter, vengeful, and highly destructive dragon, inside the body of Rhaegal.

On 2/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, Megorova said:

I don't separate my theories on bad or good, because either way all theories are just speculations. So after reading ASOIAF books I've had this ideas:

Some of your theories seemed intersting to me. Mind that i ask about them?

1. Ghost of High Heart is Rohanne Webber-Lannister. Jenny of Oldstones was Rohanne's and Gerold Lannister's fifth child. Duncan and Jenny didn't had children, for a long time after their wedding, because at the time they married, he was 18-19 and she was 8-9 years old. Their marriage wasn't consumated for many years after the wedding.

How did you end at this conclusion?

1. Littlefinger was one of Varys' little birds, but then decided to go independent, and betrayed his master.
  2. Bronn is working for Varys. Same as Kettleblacks.
  3. Septa Lemore is fAegon's mother. Her real name is Jeyne Swann. The boy's father is Barristan Selmy. Barristan is Valyrian. His mother is Shiera Seastar, and his father is Aenys Blackfyre, or Bloodraven, or Bittersteel.

The Littlefinger Varys one seems interesting. Did Littlefinger begin to work for Varys while he was in Riverrun or did it start after?

Were do you get the Bronn, Kettlebacks working for Varys?

How can Barristan Selmy be the lord of House Selmy prior to his joining of the kingsguard if he either of his parents were not from House Selmy?

1. There will be wars of Religion in Westeros. Faith of the Seven VS other religions. Faith of the Seven versus "heretical" movements. 

2. Traditional system of Westerosi Nobillity will end as might becomes more important. Might will become more important because the society will be destablized and disrupted. Ancestry will become a less important factor in which people become rulers.

3. House Frey will not be extinguished. The Frey's can be a strong partner for any faction that they serve.

4. House Targaryen will continue as a dynasty.

5. When Jon Snow marches south into the Riverlands, the Northmen will not be welcomed but met with hostillity. The hostillity will be motivated by anxiety due to food shortages, narrative of Northern betrayal, narrative of Northern started war and religious zealotry.

10 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Some of your theories seemed intersting to me. Mind that i ask about them?

Sure. Though I wrote that nearly 9 months ago, and since then, my opinion on some of them has changed.

11 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

How can Barristan Selmy be the lord of House Selmy prior to his joining of the kingsguard if he either of his parents were not from House Selmy?

This is one of those, that I changed my opinion about. Possibility, that Barristan was son of Shiera Seastar and either Aenys Blackfyre, or Bittersteel, or Bloodraven, seems very unlikely. Since I posted those theories, I figured out, that Bloodraven and Shiera are GRRM's parallels to wizard Merlin, and his two lovers, his sister Morgana le Fay, and water fairy The Lady of the Lake, called either Nimue or Viviane (the name veries in diferent sources of Arthurian cycle). Morgana did had a child, but not with Merlin. And it seems, that Merlin didn't had any children. Thus, if Shiera and Bloodraven are indeed parallels to those two, then Barristan is definitely not Bloodraven's child. He could be Bittersteel's. GRRM did said recently, that Bittersteel and Calla Blackfyre didn't had children. He didn't said, that Bittersteel didn't had children at all, with some other woman. So it's either this (Bittersteel is the father), or if Barristan is bloodconnected to Blackfyres, then it's more likely, that he is either son, or grandson of Aenys Blackfyre. In this case, his mother could be either Shiera, or one of Daemon Blackfyre's daughters (maybe even Calla) <- if he's Aenys' son; if he is his grandson, then -> his mother is one of Aenys' daughters, that he has brought with him, when he came to Westeros, and the father is a member of House Selmy.

(Though not their Lord, because Barristan was not a child of their House's head. He didn't had brothers nor sisters, only cousins. At least that's how it looks like in his chapter from ADOS, the one in which he imprisoned Dany's husband, prior he spoiled carpet in Hizdah's chamber. If he was the only son, then it's unlikely, that his parents would have sent him to squire to Lord Swann, away from their seat, and later even let him join Kingsguards. Thus, it seems, that Barristan's father was either younger brother of Lord Selmy, or younger (not firstborn) son of Lord Selmy. At the time of Barristan's birth and childhood, Lord Selmy was either his uncle or his paternal grandfather.)

When Aenys Blackfyre came to Westeros, he was at least 36-37 years old. So it's highly likely, that he had children. And because he went to 7K to became their King, he has brought his family with him. He didn't planned to return back to Essos. Whether he became King, or didn't. Because he believed to Bloodraven's promises, that he is allowed to come, and will be safe. So he went there, and brought his family with him, but even though he was, probably, naive, stupid he wasn't. Thus he brought his family to Westeros secretly, and when he went to King's Landing, he left them at safe place, with people to whom he trusted, people that were loyal supporters of Blackfyres - at Harvest Hall with House Selmy. Then at Red Keep he was executed, and his family for several years after that were staying at Harvest Hall.

If Barristan is Aenys' son, then they could have hidden him for a few years, and later lied about who he is, and when exactly was he born - not in 236 or 237, but in 234, because Aenys' wife was pregnant when he was executed. If the execution happened in late late 233, for example in December, and the baby was conceived two weeks or so, prior his father was killed, then the time of his birth is September 234. So if, for example, Barristan's "official" date of birth is January of 236, then they had to add only 15 months to his actual age, or more, up to 26 months if his "official" date of birth is in December of 237. That sort of age difference is very noticable in small children, such as newborns or toddlers, but it isn't as easy to define age of older kids, you can't just by their looks to guess whether they are 4 or 5 or 6 years old. No? :huh:

Though the more likely option, is that Baristan is not Aenys' son, but his grandson. In this case his mother is one of Aenys' daughters, and the father is one of Selmy's, and Barristan was born in either 236 or 237, so his "official" date of birth, is his actual date of birth.

What made me think, that Barristan may be bloodrelated to Blackfyres? There's several reasons.

1. GRRM never mentioned what was Barristan's hair color, when he was young. For majority of other elder characters he did mentioned their original hair color.

2. Between Aenys' execution (in 233) and Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion (in 236) passed several years. Just think about it - why did Bittersteel went to Westeros to supposedly fight against Targaryens, when the possible reason of that Rebellion happened years ago? And why during their invasion did they landed at Massey's Hook, and not at King's Landing, or tryed to seize any of the castles on easter coast of Westeros (what fAegon and Golden Company successfully did in ADWD)? If their invasion to Westeros was stalled by long winter, then shouldn't they have time to prepare better for the conquest? Do we really believe, that fAegon is a better warlord than Bittersteel was? :huh: Do we really believe, that Bittersteel invaded Westeros without a plan, and lost in the very first battle, and just went back, and that's after three years of wait (between execution and invasion)? So I think, that that attack on Massey's Hook was just a diversion, and the real reason why Bittersteel came to Westeros, is to retrieve from there Aenys' family. Though, probably, Barristan's mother/one of Aenys' daughters either died in childbirth (and thus the child remained with his Selmy father even when Blackfyres came to take back Aenys' family), or refused to leave Westeros and her new family.

3. In his childhood Barristan served as squire to Lord Swann. House Swann are Marcher lords, same as House Selmy. And if you'll look at the history of Houses that are Marcher lords, then you'll see that majority of them are anti-Targaryen or pro-Blackfyre. Furthermore, Ser Eustas Osgrey, supporter of Daemon I Blackfyre, bragged to Dunk, that members of his House used to marry with important people, and among them mentioned House Swann <- which could mean, that Swanns were also supporters of Blackfyres, same as Osgreys. Barristan's family could have send him to squire or be fostered at any other House, but they chose House Swann, maybe because their castles were close, but maybe not just because of proximity, because people in those times didn't cared about things like that, aside from crazy Lysa Tully, they are not against sending their children away, to the other side of continent, or wherever. No? So similar political view of House Selmy and House Swann is a more likely reason, why Barristan was sent specifically to that House.

4. In the White Book it was written, that Barristan saved Lady Jeyne Swann and her septa from Kingswood Brotherhood. I think, that it happened in 281, at the same time as Elia's Aegon was conceived at King's Landing, and when comet was seen above KL. That septa was Shiera Seastar in shadow glamour, she's a shadowbinder Quaithe, so she can change her looks, same as Melisandre did to Mance Rayder/Rattleshirt in ADWD, and Shiera did to Bloodraven/Maynard Plumm in The Mystery Knight novel. Shiera/fake septa gave a love potion to Barristan, and Jeyne seduced him. In The Sword Sword Egg has mentioned to Dunk, that one of his sisters gave him a love potion. Someone had to prepare that potion for her. And who's the better candidate for that, if not their aunt, Lady Shiera? In the same book Egg also mentioned, that Lady Shiera is dancing with demons (shadowbinding), and bathing in blood (blood magic). So Jeyne Swann became pregnant, and then went to Essos to Illyrio's mansion, and lived there, until five years later, she and her son were introduced to Jon Connington. Only she was introduced to him as Septa Lemore, not as Lady Jayne Swann. 

5. It seems to me, that Barristan and Jeyne are parallel's to GRRM's story-in-story - Florian the Fool and Jonquil. In The Hedge Knight Aerion's people torn apart toy-dragon and burned dolls of Florian and Jonquil. Maybe it's a hint about how will end up Barristan(Florian), Lemore/Jeyne (Jonquil), and their son fAegon (torn apart dragon), who is the mummer's dragon from Dany's vision in the House of the Undying.

"According to legend, Florian was homely,[3]wore armor made of motley,[2] and was not of noble birth.[2] He bore a famous sword.[4] Florian first spied Jonquil bathing in a pool that is located in the town of Maidenpool.[5] "

6. Also I think, that Wenda the White Fawn, member of Kingswood Brotherhood, is Pretty Meris from Windblown. Meris is blonde. Maybe Wenda was called White Fawn because she also was blonde. Meris is originally from Westeros, she's been with various sellswords companies for 20 years (that's by 300 AC), so she came to Essos somewhere in 280. When Kingswood Brotherhood was defeated, Barristan killed Simon Toyne, Jaime killed their leader the Smiling Knight, Ulmer was sent to The Wall (and is still at Castle Black, one of their best archers). Though it isn't known what happened to Wenda and other three members of KB - Oswyn Longneck the Thrice-Hanged, Big Belly Ben, and Fletcher Dick. My guess, is that while they were in that band, some of them were using alliases. So Wenda is not her actual name, it was inspired by Wendwater river, that flows in crownlands near King's Landing. The sole battle of Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion happened at Wendwater Bridge. So could be, that it's a hint from GRRM - 1. while Blackfyres were fighting with Targaryens at Wendwater Bridge in crownlands, miles away from that battlefield, their comrades were retrieving Aenys' family from Harvest Hall (though, probably, they went to coast, to be evacuated fom there, and were brought to Essos, aside from Barristan), getting them back was the real reason for Blackfyre Invasion, while that battle at Wendwater was a diversion, and 2. Years later Kingswood Brotherhood attacking Jeyne and her septa, was also just a diversion, while the real reason of what they did, was for Barristan X Jeyne to fulfill the prophecy about the promised Prince. Rhaegar thought, that his son Aegon is the promised Prince, because he was conceived on the night, when comet was seen above King's Landing. If Rhaegar interpreted the prophecy in that way, then other people to whom it was known, also could have interpreted it in the same way. And one of those people was Shiera Seastar. Though unlike Rhaegar, she not only knew about the prophecy, but she could also to predict future, because she's a sorceress, and probably also has dragondreams. She knew when and where that comet will be passing. She thought, that it was the comet. So she wanted to orchestrate the course of events, same as often did Morgana le Fay, and used her knowledge. So she hired Kingswood Brotherhood, came there together with Jeyne Swann, under guise of her septa (don't forget that Swanns are Blackfyre loyalists), and made KB to attack them, when Barristan Selmy was nearby (why was he there, was also orchestrated beforehand). So fAegon, who is son of Barristan Selmy (grandson of Aenys Blackfyre) and Lady Jeyne Swann/Septa Lemore was conceived on the same night as Rhaegar's Aegon. Shiera wanted to have the promised Prince in her flock, so she needed someone with dragonblood. She knew about Barristan's true lineage, so she used him.

Fletcher Dick, the other missing member of KB, could be Dick Crabb, better known as Nimble Dick. Originally he is from Crackclaw Point, which is located opposite to Wendwater river, on the other side of Blackwater Bay, above Massey's Hook. 

"Brienne of Tarth was told to find Dick at the Stinking Goose in Maidenpool after she heard from the pious dwarf that Dick had boasted of helping a fool in motley escape from Maidenpool.[2]

Florian the Fool (from point 5) first saw Jonquil in Maidenpool, there's a song about it - Six Maids in the pool. And Florian's armor was made of motley. So here's another parallel that connects Barristan Selmy and Florian, if Dick Crabb is really Fletcher Dick, member of Kingswood Brotherhood, that attacked Barristan, and let him save his "Jpnquil" - Jayne Swann.

Etc.

My theory is based on combination of small things.

P.S. English isn't my native language, and I wrote this post in a hurry, had no time to check for mistakes. Thus sorry for this long and jumbled post :D I'll answear to other questions  a bit later.

@norwaywolf123

Addition to Barristan-Blackfyre theory.

I'll use post from another thread:

On 11/2/2018 at 9:38 PM, John Suburbs said:

I'd vote for the Theon debacle, since I don't believe his break with Walder was Robb's decision. He was drugged. Sybell Spice is the granddaughter of Maggy the Frog, who was known in Lannisport for telling fortunes and selling "love potions." So if you look at House Spicer, we have a wealthy merchant making an unusual marriage with a woman of questionable standing, and then that marriage was followed up with Gawen Westerling's marriage to Sybell, which caused Kevan to observe "He should never have wed her. The Westerlings always did have more honor than sense."

Now we have yet a third wedding in which the groom places his honor above his sense, all for a women that no one considers overly desirable -- certainly not someone to sacrifice a kingdom for. And as time goes by, we can see Robb becoming more distant and frustrated with Jeyne, almost as if his initial ardor has worn off already. Coincidence? I think not.

:agree:It's a very good explanation of "Robb was given love potion" theory. 

Now let's consider small details of what happened: possibly a woman named Sybell Spice, prepared a love potion, for a woman named Jeyne Westrling, for her to give it to a certain man (Robb Stark), and to seduce him.

I think, that septa, that was escorting Lady Jeyne Swann, was actually Shiera Seastar, and she prepared for Jeyne a love potion, to give it to Barristan Selmy, and to seduce him.

Sybell Spice, Shiera Seastar. Jeyne Westerling, Jeyne Swann. Robb Stark, Barristan Selmy.

Is it just a coincidence? Or is it a clue from GRRM? :huh:

GRRM is using similar names, to show to readers connection between certain characters, either that they are bloodrelated, or that they are similar in something else. For example: 1. four Black Pearls of Braavos - Bellegere Otherys, Bellenora Otherys, Bellonara Otheys, Bellegere Otherys; 2. pirates - Samarro Saan (one of Ninepenny Kings of Fifth Blackfyre Rebellion), Salladhor Saan; 3. prostitutes (mother and daughter) - Chataya, Alayaya; 4. Kettleblack family - Oswell (father), Osmund, Osfryd, Osney; Xhobar Qhoqua (one of Ninepenny Kings of Fifth Blackfyre Rebellion), Jalabhar Xho <- maybe this two, are the same as Samarro Saan and Salladhor Saan - ancestor and descendant, those two Summer Islanders have different last name, but look at this -> Xhobar Qhoqua Xho Bar JalaBhAR Xho; 5. There was a girl, that wore men's clothes, cut her hair, and pretended to be a guy - Brave Dany Flint. Arya Stark also cut her hair, wore boy's clother, and pretended, that she's a boy. In House Stark family tree, besides Arya Stark, there was only one other Arya, and that's Arya Flint, Arya Stark's great grandmother. Dany Flint - Arya Flint - Arya Stark. Connection between Dany and Arya - Flint and both of them pretending to be guys.

Not let's go back to Jeyne. It's a popular name in Westeros. There's 24 Jeynes: 

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jeyne

But there's three things in common between three of those Jaynes (that's if my theory "Jeyne Swann x Barristan = fAegon" is correct): deception, sex, and Red.

Jeyne Westerling - theory from beginning of this post - she deceived Robb, seduced him using love potion, and it all resulted in the Red Wedding.

Jeyne Poole - she pretended to be Arya Stark, her marriage with Ramsey was consummated, as result - Roose Bolton Lord Redford became Warden of The North <- Sorry, not Redford, there's some other alias for Boltons, something with Red, from the history of their House.

Jeyne Swann - she and Shiera Seastar hired Kingswood Brotherhood, to prepare a trap for Barristan - deception, she gave him love potion and seduced him - sex, and then the end result of this will be some major battle, that will be a Red battle.

First Blackfyre Rebellion ended with the Battle of Redgrass Field. Sixth Blackfyre Rebellion will also end with a Red battle. Melisandre and Aeron Greyjoy both saw it in a vision.

Melisandre:

"Visions danced before her, gold and scarlet, flickering, forming and melting and dissolving into one another, shapes strange and terrifying and seductive. She saw the eyeless faces again, staring out at her from sockets weeping blood. Then the towers by the sea, crumbling as the dark tide came sweeping over them, rising from the depths. Shadows in the shape of skulls, skulls that turned to mist, bodies locked together in lust, writhing and rolling and clawing. Through curtains of fire great winged shadows wheeled against a hard blue sky." <- Golden Company.

Aeron from TWOW:

Spoiler

"When he laughed, his face sloughed off, and the priest saw that it was not Urri but Euron, the smiling eye hidden. He showed the world his blood eye now, dark and terrible. Clad head to heel in scale as dark as onyx, he sat upon a mound of blackened skulls as dwarfs capered around his feet and a forest burned behind him. ... Aeron Damphair looked. The mound of skulls was gone. Now it was metal underneath the Crow’s Eye: a great, tall, twisted seat of razor sharp iron, barbs and blades and broken swords, all dripping blood. ... The dreams were even worse the second time. He saw the longships of the Ironborn adrift and burning on a boiling blood­-red sea. He saw his brother on the Iron Throne again, but Euron was no longer human. He seemed more squid than man, a monster fathered by a kraken of the deep, his face a mass of writhing tentacles. Beside him stood a shadow in woman’s form, long and tall and terrible, her hands alive with pale white fire. Dwarves capered for their amusement, male and female, naked and misshapen, locked in carnal embrace, biting and tearing at each other as Euron and his mate laughed and laughed and laughed..."

Euron will defeat fAegon, and the sea will be red from blood and fire.

Now why out of all Houses, that are still secretly loyal to Blackfyres, Shiera Seastar has specifically chosen Jeyne Swann. Not only because Swanns are pro-Blackfyre, not only because Barristan Selmy in his childhood served as squire to Lord Swann, but also because Shiera and all Blackfyres, and Barristan are partially Swanns.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Johanna_Swann

I think, that Johanna Swann, who was ruler of Lys in all but name, was mistress of Lysandro the Magificent Rogare, head of Rogare family and owner of Rogare bank. Johanna Swann is (possibly) mother of Larra Rogare. Thus she is great grandmother of Daeron II Targaryen, Shiera Seastar, Bloodraven, Bittersteel, and Daemon I Blackfyre. Thus all current Targaryen and Blackfyres have a bit of Swann's blood.

That's why Shiera has chosen Jeyne Swann to become mother of the promised Prince, because Barristan (who is possibly grandson of Aenys Blackfyre), Jeyne and Shiera are bloodrelated. Though both Shiera and Rhaegar made a mistake - that comet above King's Landing, that was seen on the night, when were conceived Elia's Aegon and Jeyne's fAegon, was wrong comet, not The Bleeding Star from the prophecy.

Le more in French meant the blackberries. In ASOIAF blackberries are seen in scenes about lies and deception, and often it's about Blackfyres. So alias of Septa Lemore is also a clue, that she is connected to Blackfyres, and that's she is the mother of fAegon.

So after noticing all those small details, I made a conclusion, that Barristan Selmy could be a dragonseed, and that fAegon could be his son with Jeyne Swann, who is Septa Lemore.

21 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:
  1. Ghost of High Heart is Rohanne Webber-Lannister. Jenny of Oldstones was Rohanne's and Gerold Lannister's fifth child. Duncan and Jenny didn't had children, for a long time after their wedding, because at the time they married, he was 18-19 and she was 8-9 years old. Their marriage wasn't consumated for many years after the wedding.

How did you end at this conclusion?

I have a theory, that GRRM is using similar names, to hint to readers about connection between certain characters. I mentioned it in my post above this one.

In ASOIAF there was Rohanne Webber-Lannister, Rohanne of Tyrosh (wife of Daeron I Targaryen), and Johanna Swann the Black Swann of Lys and possibly mother of Larra Rogare.

Both Rohanne Webber and Larra Rogare disappeared.

It is known, that Larra left her husband, prior he became King of 7K, and returned back to Lys, then she supposedly died in unknown circumstances, when she was only 30 years old. I think, that when Larra was leaving Westeros, she was pregnant, and that later in Lys was born her second daughter. Larra gave birth to two boys - Aegon IV (in 135), Aemon (in 136), and one girl - Naerys (in 138). She left Viserys in 139, a year after giving birth to Naerys. And in 140 she gave birth to her second daughter. This girl later married with the Archon of Tyrosh, and Rohanne of Tyrosh was their daughter, and great grand-daughter of Johanna Swann.

Besides Rohanne of Tyrosh, Johanna Swann also had other great grand-children - Daeron II Targaryen, Shiera Seastar, Bloodraven, Bittersteel, and Daemon I Blackfyre (who married with Rohanne of Tyrosh). Larra Rogare was grandmother to all of them, thus they all were first cousins to Rohanne of Tyrosh.

Either it's this - 1. Larra gave birth to a secret child. Or maybe, if she didn't, then:

2. it's Johanna Swann, who, besides Larra Rogare, gave birth to other children, and Rohanne of Tyrosh is Johanna's grandaughter from one of this children. Johanna Swann was a courtesan, so it's possible, that among her lovers was the Archon of Tyrosh, the one that was prior Rohanne's father. Maybe the Archon of Tyrosh, the one who was father of Rohanne, was son of previous Archon and Johanna Swann. Or

3. maybe one of Larra's brothers, Lysaro Rogare (also son of Johanna Swann), was father of that Archon of Tyrosh, and grandfather of Rohanne of Tyrosh.

In both cases 2&3, Rohanne of Tyrosh is a second cousins to Daemon Blackfyre, and to all other children of Aegon IV. In case 1, she is their first cousin.

According to rumors, Rohanne Webber-Lannister was a witch. Her nickname was the Red Widow, and there was a red spider on sigil of her family. She was married five times, last time to Gerold Lannister (Tywin's grandfather), and had with him four children - Tywald, Tion, Tytos (Tywin's father, who married with Jeyne Marbrand), and Jason. Five marriages, four children, all boys - T, T, T, and J. So maybe after her disappearance, she gave birth to a fifth child, and this one was a girl, and her name was beginning with letter J, same as name of her fourth child (Jason) - Jenny of Oldstones. Rohanne disappeared in 230, less than a year after giving birth to Jason. It is possible, that when she left, she was pregnant. And the reason why she left, is somehow connected to Rohanne being a witch. Maybe she had a vision, that caused her to leave her home. Rohanne Webber had long hair, and was of short stature, same as the Ghost of High Heart (obviously, that with age she was becoming shorter and shorter). There was something weird in how Duncan Targaryen has fallen in love so fast and hard. So maybe there was a love potion involved. Maybe Jenny's mother, Rohanne Webber, prepared for her a love potion, to give it to Duncan. Then, maybe, during burning of Summerhall, Blackfyres or their supporters had kidnapped Jenny. It happened in 259. I think, that Varys is Jenny's son, and that his father is either Duncan Targaryen, or one of Blackfyres that kidnapped Jenny. So Varys was born in 259 or 260, and now in 300, he is 40 years old. He came to Westeros in 278, when he was 18 or 19 years old. That isn't too young to become master of whisperers. For example, Jon Snow, who is aged 16, is Lord Commander of Night's Watch; Robb Stark at 15 became King of the North, etc. And Varys' nickname is Spider because his grandmother was Rohanne Webber, the Red Widow (like black widow spider).

Now back to Jenny. If Rohanne Webber is really her mother, then she was born either in 230 or 231, because for her to be Rohanne's fifth child with Gerold Lannister, Rohanne was supposed to be pregnant at the time of her disappearance in 230. Duncan has met Jenny in 239. At that time he was 14-19 years old (was born between 220 and 224), and she was 8 or 9. And, probably, there was a love potion involved. Later the Ghost of Hight Heart predicted to Targaryens that the Prince that was promised will be descendant of Duncan's siblings - Jaehaerys and Shaera. Duncan met Jenny in 239, she has brought her friend, the woods witch, to Targaryen castle, and in 240 Jaehaerys and Shaera has secretly wed and consummated their marriage. So maybe the woods witch also gave a love potion to those two. Maybe she left her home, her husband and children, because of the prophecy, she knew, that she has to help this prophecy to come true, or else Second Long Night will become the end of everything. So she got involved in course of events, that has led to birth of the promised Prince - Jon Snow, who's father, Rhaegar Targaryen, was born during burning of Summerhall.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:55 PM, Megorova said:

(Though not their Lord, because Barristan was not a child of their House's head. He didn't had brothers nor sisters, only cousins. At least that's how it looks like in his chapter from ADOS, the one in which he imprisoned Dany's husband, prior he spoiled carpet in Hizdah's chamber. If he was the only son, then it's unlikely, that his parents would have sent him to squire to Lord Swann, away from their seat, and later even let him join Kingsguards. Thus, it seems, that Barristan's father was either younger brother of Lord Selmy, or younger (not firstborn) son of Lord Selmy. At the time of Barristan's birth and childhood, Lord Selmy was either his uncle or his paternal grandfather.)

Ser Barristan Selmy, also known as "Barristan the Bold", is one of the greatest knights of the Kingsguard. Barristan is the eldest son of Ser Lyonel Selmy.[2] He was in line to inherit the seat of House Selmy, but Barristan gave up his claim after he became a member of the Kingsguard. His cousin, who married the girl destined for Barristan, may also have taken over Barristan's claim to Harvest Hall.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Selmy

Barristan was in line to inherit the Selmy lordship, this seems to imply to me that Lord Selmy did not have any heirs of his own or that Lord Selmy had already dies and Barristan's father already had inherited the lordship.

:agree:It's a very good explanation of "Robb was given love potion" theory. 

I like that theory too.

GRRM is using similar names, to show to readers connection between certain characters, either that they are bloodrelated, or that they are similar in something else.

It could be a hint but sometimes i may be just a name.

I think, that Johanna Swann, who was ruler of Lys in all but name, was mistress of Lysandro the Magificent Rogare, head of Rogare family and owner of Rogare bank. Johanna Swann is (possibly) mother of Larra Rogare. Thus she is great grandmother of Daeron II Targaryen, Shiera Seastar, Bloodraven, Bittersteel, and Daemon I Blackfyre. Thus all current Targaryen and Blackfyres have a bit of Swann's blood.

Perhaps. If Johanna Swann was the mother of Larra Rogare does that have to be combined with all your other speculations or could it standalone?

Archived