Need some help re a theory.

princess_snow

Hi everyone,

a friend who is a huge fan of the show ( hasnt read the books ) is interested in reading any of the Bran is Night King theories. I tried to search on here for any threads but couldnt find a thing.

Appreciate any links or just a quick discussion of why some fans have thought this was the case and why it has / hasnt been debunked. 

Hope I posted in the right forum here. Thanks :thumbsup:

I don't really have any links...but basically since what happened with Hodor happened, Bran can somewhat time travel. Some theorize that Bran could actually be Bran the Builder (founder of house stark, builder of the wall, winterfell, etc). This idea would basically mean the first long night may not have happened. Everyone just thinks it did because Bran was actually getting everyone ready for THIS long night. Stories of God's and other important people in westeros are actually the hero's and villains of today with the details and origins getting lost in translation over the years. This theory is better imo than the night king theory. Although, the night king cut through the wall like butter the first time he attacked it, so why would Bran bother? 

The night king theory....

Basically old nan told Bran that the night king was probably a Stark. The idea would be Bran going back in time to warn the children of the Forrest to not create the white walkers. And they then would turn him into the night king. So the Night King would be bran, just 10,000 yrs smarter/more powerful. Which would then mean if Bran dies, the night king dies, then all the rest of the white walkers/wights would also die. End of the long night. Since that man that the chikdren turned looked to be capable of walking, Bran would have had to skin change into him. The theory is strengthened by the fact that Bran grimaced as the man was stabbed with the dragon glass (as if it hurt him or he remembered it hurting) and he was laying sprawled out and looked like his the children had that dude sprawled out. Leaf also said "we had to protect ourselves from YOU, men".

The problems I have with this; 1. Bran can skin change into animals. He was able to change into Hodor because Hodor was simple. The children wouldn't be savage enough to do that to a simple person (or one they just saw have a seizure). 2. The night king sent wights after Bran a couple times. If bran dies, so does the night king. 3. The ink is dry. Bran is smart enough by now to know to not try to change the past.

I do think the Night King is a stark. And it is peculiar that they have been around for thousands of years and are just now attacking in Brans lifetime. But unless I'm really missing something, I hope the story doesn't go there.

22 hours ago, Onion Hound said:

I don't really have any links...but basically since what happened with Hodor happened, Bran can somewhat time travel. Some theorize that Bran could actually be Bran the Builder (founder of house stark, builder of the wall, winterfell, etc). This idea would basically mean the first long night may not have happened. Everyone just thinks it did because Bran was actually getting everyone ready for THIS long night. Stories of God's and other important people in westeros are actually the hero's and villains of today with the details and origins getting lost in translation over the years. This theory is better imo than the night king theory. Although, the night king cut through the wall like butter the first time he attacked it, so why would Bran bother? 

The night king theory....

Basically old nan told Bran that the night king was probably a Stark. The idea would be Bran going back in time to warn the children of the Forrest to not create the white walkers. And they then would turn him into the night king. So the Night King would be bran, just 10,000 yrs smarter/more powerful. Which would then mean if Bran dies, the night king dies, then all the rest of the white walkers/wights would also die. End of the long night. Since that man that the chikdren turned looked to be capable of walking, Bran would have had to skin change into him. The theory is strengthened by the fact that Bran grimaced as the man was stabbed with the dragon glass (as if it hurt him or he remembered it hurting) and he was laying sprawled out and looked like his the children had that dude sprawled out. Leaf also said "we had to protect ourselves from YOU, men".

The problems I have with this; 1. Bran can skin change into animals. He was able to change into Hodor because Hodor was simple. The children wouldn't be savage enough to do that to a simple person (or one they just saw have a seizure). 2. The night king sent wights after Bran a couple times. If bran dies, so does the night king. 3. The ink is dry. Bran is smart enough by now to know to not try to change the past.

I do think the Night King is a stark. And it is peculiar that they have been around for thousands of years and are just now attacking in Brans lifetime. But unless I'm really missing something, I hope the story doesn't go there.

Thankyou for replying. This may sound incredibly stupid but .... how can there be two Brans existing ( ie Bran and Bran the Night King) ?

24 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

Thankyou for replying. This may sound incredibly stupid but .... how can there be two Brans existing ( ie Bran and Bran the Night King) ?

The same way there are two Marty's at the same time in Back to the Future. Present Bran wouldn't be in the know because future Bran would be who turns into past Bran(NK). Like I said, I don't like the theory.

22 hours ago, Onion Hound said:

The same way there are two Marty's at the same time in Back to the Future. Present Bran wouldn't be in the know because future Bran would be who turns into past Bran(NK). Like I said, I don't like the theory.

Ah yeah ok. I dont like it either ! Thanks for replying again.

Archived