u.s. politics: abortive cure for labor pains

all swedes are racist

25 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

So, does he understand what he just said, or is he babbling?  I hope it's just mindless babble.  please!

It’s a refreshing approach to keeping power out of the hands of the elites for even longer.

edit: sorry, forgot to add something about the unrecognized anger of working class white men.

45 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

So, does he understand what he just said, or is he babbling?  I hope it's just mindless babble.  please!

Probably a joke but I'm sure keeping power is definitely on his mind.

Just now, Mexal said:

Probably a joke but I'm sure keeping power is definitely on his mind.

Romans often feared transitioning out of office, as they would become open to suits in the courts.

I don't think Donald has the self-awareness required to put 2 and 2 together on what's going to happen to his family when he loses power. It's not 'on his mind' he just loves Authoritarian cock and couldn't avoid giving Xi's a kiss.

34 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I don't think Donald has the self-awareness required to put 2 and 2 together on what's going to happen to his family when he loses power. It's not 'on his mind' he just loves Authoritarian cock and couldn't avoid giving Xi's a kiss.

Wouldn't his lawyers have spelled it out for him by now?

Interesting tidbit about the Romans, btw.

8 hours ago, WinterFox said:

And? You disagree? I'm happy to expound upon the lesser qualities of that stagnated and repressed people. 

nah, i’m good thanks, but if you feel the need to go into detail on the various undesirable racial characteristics and skull shapes of the wily slav, maybe the national review has a race science vertical looking for contributors 

26 minutes ago, unpaid comintern said:

nah, i’m good thanks, but if you feel the need to go into detail on the various undesirable racial characteristics and skull shapes of the wily slav, maybe the national review has a race science vertical looking for contributors 

Oh, you just made it twitch! Is the fact that a century of increasingly sophisticated totalitarian suppression of the human spirit causes a famous collective paranoia and subversive cultural mindset something that upsets you?

Do you needs someone to rub your tummy and tell you that Stalin didn't kill most of the good genes in the pool?

Let's see here...we've a got a bad Trump joke and some weird-ass shit on Russia and slavs and now genes I don't even wanna touch.  Guess I'll check back tomorrow.  Or as Yakov Smirnoff would say, in Soviet Russia, thread doesn't touch you.

7 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Let's see here...we've a got a bad Trump joke and some weird-ass shit on Russia and slavs and now genes I don't even wanna touch.  Guess I'll check back tomorrow.  Or as Yakov Smirnoff would say, in Soviet Russia, thread doesn't touch you.

Kinda puts innocuous Batman references in perspective, huh?

:P

3 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Why would you assume he's saying anything but exactly what he thinks?

Everything we've seen from Trump since his inauguration indicates he is shocked that the Presidency is not a dictatorship. And that he admires and desires the trappings of dictatorship.

The man so desperately wants to be a strongman facist dictator. Of course he means this.

The crisis is already well underway. The problem is that in most things, you see it in business/economics the most often, people just don't really pay attention to time-scales and give a lot of credit to the mere continued existence of a thing.

Pyramid and ponzi schemes can last for years. Companies with business models that simply don't work can shamble along losing money for ages before finally imploding. And democratic systems can be in a state of continual gradual failure for a long ass time without turning into fucking Mad Max or The Turner Diaries.

Everything about the Trump Presidency is a demonstration of the failures of the system. When you have reached the point where literally the only way the law actually gets upheld is by wresting control of the government from a party controlling half of the political system, you are in deep deep shit already. And that's just one among many similar examples one could pull out.

2 hours ago, Shryke said:

Why would you assume he's saying anything but exactly what he thinks?

Everything we've seen from Trump since his inauguration indicates he is shocked that the Presidency is not a dictatorship. And that he admires and desires the trappings of dictatorship.

The man so desperately wants to be a strongman facist dictator. Of course he means this.

Yeah, on the one hand he could be joking, and we could be generous and assume he is.

On the other hand, he does this a lot, being serious.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-s-history-praising-dictators-n604801

3 hours ago, WinterFox said:

Oh, you just made it twitch! Is the fact that a century of increasingly sophisticated totalitarian suppression of the human spirit causes a famous collective paranoia and subversive cultural mindset something that upsets you?

Do you needs someone to rub your tummy and tell you that Stalin didn't kill most of the good genes in the pool?

lol “what’s the matter snowflake, is my racism triggering you?” 

5 hours ago, Triskele said:

100%.  When we talk like things haven't been "that bad" yet under Trump I keep being tempted to say "just wait" because many of the most significant democratic norms only happen every so-often.  Like free and fair elections and the census and all of that.  All still to come.  The crisis hasn't had a chance to happen yet.

And now it's looking like Trump should be in enormous legal trouble for anyone who's not POTUS.  So one obvious solution for him is to never stop being POTUS.  

And by extension, if say golden boy Jered is tagged with state charges. Trump will want to save him and have no means of saving him. No legal means, that is.

11 hours ago, WinterFox said:

Stalin suppressed study and research  of genetics 

12 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Kinda puts innocuous Batman references in perspective, huh?

In that there are much more inane topics of discussion?  Yup, that's been demonstrated.

1 hour ago, unpaid comintern said:

[screams internally]

This is why we need lebensraum, so you have room to scream externally.

Do you remember a few threads back, when I said that I suspected there would be no 2020 election, because Trump and his goonies (lol, that was auto-corrected to ‘goodies’) would cancel elections because of some, dare I say it, trumped-up crisis? Promising elections would be restored, ‘once things get back to normal’?

Looks like things are moving in that direction more quickly than expected. If things for some bizarre reason look good for him in 2020, it might not happen until 2024, but I expect it would happen sooner than later.

Y’all can jump in now and tell me again how you won’t let it happen.

Archived