Tennis Volume 7: Roger That!

Mladen

Still can't see anything but another Roger v Rafa final.

BBC (I think it was) ran a great documentary on the 2008 final - best match in history last night - I'd recommend it on catch-up for anyone who missed it.

did anyone see the first set of Federer's match?  Some of the most elegant tennis i've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

its the first 1/4 final for Nadal since 2011, he still has a lot to do. 

It does look like we could be in for Federer vs Nadal doesn't it, they've bene tremendous so far.

But there are some hurdles left, Djokovic and Raonic not the least of which.

5 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

did anyone see the first set of Federer's match?  Some of the most elegant tennis i've ever seen. 

Blink it and you have missed it :D It was FedEx in his animal mode...

In other two sets, he allowed some mistakes, but oh, boy, did he look amazing... He simply plays like no other. 

As for Djokovic, I am so sick of him these days, He created a lot of fuss here in Serbia by proclaiming he is cheering for Croatian national team since Serbian team didn't pass the group phase in World Cup. It created entire debate whether people should really follow his lead and forget the past, while others, rightfully, pointed out that Croatian team did celebrate their victory with WW2-Nazi-collaborators worship song. 

Speaking of WC, it is not only Djokovic who got himself in trouble. Some nameless Swiss footballer had audacity to tell Roger to "mind his own business" 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:20 PM, Which Tyler said:

BBC (I think it was) ran a great documentary on the 2008 final - best match in history last night - I'd recommend it on catch-up for anyone who missed it.

I never said that

47 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

That tends to happen to him at Wimbledon.

Well he got past the 4th at least. I’m also happy to see that del Potro seems to be back. He was so awesome before he caught a very long injury bug.

1 hour ago, Maithanet der Mannschaft said:

Nadal wins in 5.  Del Potro is no joke, that's a good win for him.  Sets up a classic semi vs Djokovic.

I think Novak will take Nadal in 5 sets. Three will be dog fights and two will be blowouts. I've also got Isner over Anderson which should shape up to be an ace fest. I hope Isner can pull it off. It's been nearly 15 years since an American male player has won a Grand Slam....

While I am sad that Federer lost, one has to cheer for "the other guy". Anderson played the last set superbly and won fair and square. That was one hell of a comeback, if I have ever seen one.

I am sad that Delpo couldn't have won Nadal, but it was amazing match. It will be interesting semis. 

Yes I was hoping Delpo would take Nadal. A Delpo vs Djokovic semifinal would have been intriguing.

Kudos to Anderson for pulling off one of the biggest upsets from two sets to love down. It must be almost impossible to believe that you can win when you're two sets down to Roger Federer on grass at Wimbledon.

2 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Finish him Isner!!!

aaaand 2 hours later, same situation.  Really should be a 5th set limit.  Whoever gets through was a massive underdog anyway, without the added disadvantage of being totally fucked. 

Archived