Tennis Volume 7: Roger That!

Mladen

13 hours ago, Jeor said:

Don't think you need to be worried!

I forgot that Sharapova is pretty much done. It was shocking to hear that Serena has beaten her 19 straight times and that Sharapova has only won one set against her in the last decade. It’s a shame she suffered so many injuries plus that bogus ban.

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I forgot that Sharapova is pretty much done. It was shocking to hear that Serena has beaten her 19 straight times and that Sharapova has only won one set against her in the last decade. It’s a shame she suffered so many injuries plus that bogus ban.

Yes, Sharapova's H2H record against Serena is completely one way traffic.

My reading of it is that both players aren't known for their mobility around the court, so Serena's biggest weakness can't be exploited by Sharapova. And then Serena's groundstrokes and serve (particularly) are just much better. Plus, the times that Serena loses are when she seems disinterested, but with the personal stuff between them there is never any chance of Serena being disinterested in that match.

Men's draw really opening up - Kyrgios has a pretty straight march into the semis if he wants it, with Tsitsipas, Thiem and Bautista Agut all going out.

Archived