Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

This is Not a reference to a certain politician's body parts!

I hate it when I'm listening to music while driving the car and the idiot musician thought sirens in their song is A Good Thing, so I'm desperately searching for a fire truck or an ambulance or a police car and looking for a spot to pull over my car.

I hate the fact that almost nobody, including myself, changes their iPhone ringtone, so I'm regularly trying to find my phone when out shopping because somebody else's phone is ringing. I don't change mine because when I did before, I found the ringtone didn't register in my brain and I missed calls. Really. :blush:

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

People’s lack of special awareness. Unfortunately, this applies to so many aspects of everyday life.

I also hate when people repeat themselves just after telling you something.

May be dumb question, but did you mean spatial awareness?

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

It was auto-correct, right? :P 

Autocorrect is one of those things I hate. As for ring tones, I went through a list of the most popular ones and picked one from the bottom of the list. 

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I also hate when people repeat themselves just after telling you something.

Try to get over that one, because there is a high chance you will someday have an elderly relative or friend with dementia, and constantly repeating oneself -- and especially asking the same question over and over again -- is one of the main early signs of that problem. 

14 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I hate it when I'm listening to music while driving the car and the idiot musician thought sirens in their song is A Good Thing, so I'm desperately searching for a fire truck or an ambulance or a police car and looking for a spot to pull over my car.

Similar to this, I hate radio commercials that include car horns going off. 

It usually takes me a few seconds to realize it was the radio, during which time I'm looking around for the motorist who has the audacity to beep at my driving. 

I loathe the way my light switches to the kitchen/pantry are laid out. They are side by side, one side lights the pantry and one side lights the kitchen. Nine times out of ten I guess incorrectly which switch lights which space. You'd think by the law of averages I'd guess the correct swith at least close to half the time. But Nooooooo, I guess wrong almost every time. The light switch has given me a complex, ive self trained to pick the wrong switch over and over and over. Im aware I do this, yet tommorow......I'll surely pick the wrong switch yet again!!

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I loathe the way my light switches to the kitchen/pantry are laid out. They are side by side, one side lights the pantry and one side lights the kitchen. Nine times out of ten I guess incorrectly which switch lights which space. You'd think by the law of averages I'd guess the correct swith at least close to half the time. But Nooooooo, I guess wrong almost every time. The light switch has given me a complex, ive self trained to pick the wrong switch over and over and over. Im aware I do this, yet tommorow......I'll surely pick the wrong switch yet again!!

There is a rule how they should be assembled. The light that is more to the left should turn on from the left switch and vice versa. Does this help? :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Ormond said:

Try to get over that one, because there is a high chance you will someday have an elderly relative or friend with dementia, and constantly repeating oneself -- and especially asking the same question over and over again -- is one of the main early signs of that problem. 

Wrong context. I have a 97 year old grandfather who suffers from dementia, and my late grandmother did as well. I’m talking about younger people who tell you the same story every day for a week. Or people who just repeat the same joke several times a day. Stuff like that.

2 hours ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

I hate when I have to repeat myself multiple times to be understood. I have a soft voice.

Yes. What? What? Say again! Huh? Why don’t you just speak up?! Because damnit it takes a conscious effort to try and speak at a louder volume. Might as well ask me to improve my eyesight while you’re at it.

Loud eating noises are a serious challenge for me...

16 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Loud eating noises are a serious challenge for me...

Your own or that of others? Because I didn't realize I was a loud eater until I was in a lecture hall in college eating a bag of Chex Mix. 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your own or that of others? Because I didn't realize I was a loud eater until I was in a lecture hall in college eating a bag of Chex Mix. 

Others. Makes me want to get up and move away

Archived