Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

36 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Also when they cut the climax of the guitar solo at the end of the meatpuppets 'backwater' or black crowes 'jealojs again' or dire straits 'sultans of swing'

Or they play the single edit version of something as trite as "Love Shack" that cuts out the whispered "bang bang bang on the door baby.... i can't hear you..." lines in the middle of the song, going straight to the "BANG BANG BANG ON THE DOOR BABY.... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" line.

Makes my teeth itch.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, larrytheimp said:

Also when they cut the climax of the guitar solo at the end of the meatpuppets 'backwater' or black crowes 'jealojs again' or dire straits 'sultans of swing'

I'm going to have the synth riff from Sultans of Swing in my head all day now. Thanks. Having songs in my head is a small thing I hate. :P

The quiet and deeply sinister tyranny of morning people who force the minority of night people to choose between a life of chemical dependence to force themselves to sleep at unnatural times or to live with chronic sleep deprivation to convenience them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 8:31 PM, GAROVORKIN said:

Insurance Commercial.

At least some insurance commercials are humorous. I can't say the same about the insurance industry in general.

I know of no other business which strives to mightily to deny providing a product for which customers have paid in advance. Insurance agents actually advise customers not to file claims because the insurance company will strike back with a premium increase or policy cancellation.

Not being notified about cancellations of things, so I show up to them and there is nobody there and I only learn I am not supposed to be there too late.

Especially if I have to cancel other more interesting things myself to get there.

So annoyed about that right now. :angry:

TV and radio presenters. I don't hate that many famous people, but most of them seem to be presenters. Chris Evans, Claudia Winkleman, Davina McCall, Bradley Walsh... I think it's the whole fake enthusiasm thing you have to put on, but I really can not stand any of these people. Chris Evans should be an inspiration to all the witless twats out there, you can still earn a fortune of public sector money. 

I hate going to the fucking dentist. I spent over half a fucking hour in that chair getting x rays for my teeth. The dentist was using that damn thingamajig that you have to fucking bite down on so they can take the x rays. It was nearly fucking impossible since it kept digging deep into my fucking gums. I'm pretty sure I tasted blood after that whole fucking ordeal was over. Fuck dentists.

On 4/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, KingintheNorth4 said:

I hate going to the fucking dentist. I spent over half a fucking hour in that chair getting x rays for my teeth. The dentist was using that damn thingamajig that you have to fucking bite down on so they can take the x rays. It was nearly fucking impossible since it kept digging deep into my fucking gums. I'm pretty sure I tasted blood after that whole fucking ordeal was over. Fuck dentists.

Ever had braces? I did. *shudder* Hated them. I am grateful for the result, just not the process. :P

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

Ever had braces? I did. *shudder* Hated them. I am grateful for the result, just not the process. :P

(Reads posts about braces and has flashback to teenage years)

The rubber bands! Not the rubber bands!

Really, I guess it's good I no longer have an underbite. But those things were a pain. 

13 minutes ago, Pecan said:

People who, in writing, use "are" in place of "our". 

And people who write "should of" when it is "should have." That deserves capital punishment.

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I did. A chocolate milkshake from Burger King.

Haha. I got the same thing, from the same place after mine. 

Edit: You know what? Since it came up, I'm gonna bitch about it. 7 years later and I still can't help it.

At the time I was working Panama Shift. And getting all of my wisdom teeth removed came with 3 days of con leave. So if my scheduled appointment had ended up on a good Friday, I would've had Wed/Thurs off, teeth removed Friday, and not worked again until the next Wednesday. But unlucky me, the only appointment available was on the opposite Friday. So I worked that Wed/Thurs, got my teeth removed Friday, and was back on rotation that Monday. 

Edit 2: Panama Shift is glorious.

Archived