Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Pecan said:

People who, in writing, use "are" in place of "our". 

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

And people who write "should of" when it is "should have." That deserves capital punishment.

But how do you know all of these are small? :P Maybe there all tall people among them.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

But how do you know all of these are small? :P Maybe there all tall people among them.

Touche, indeed!

On 4/21/2018 at 11:06 PM, LongRider said:

Rein and reign, they don't mean the same thing people!   I even saw rain once where reign should have been written.      Yikes

It was reigning the other day when I seized the rains of my horse, while waving around my $20 depicting Elizabeth II, who reins over Australia.

There’s a commercial I currently hate (the hate changes with fresh new horrors), one for life insurance. The father in a family has died, mom is filled with worry, not unexpected, worried for their two boys, worried about being able to keep the house. Mom asks younger son where older son is. Older son has been sneaking off at night, biking into town - he has gotten a job so he can hand over his paycheck to save the house! But in the meantime, the mail comes, and there’s a check! “It’s ok, honey, dad took care of it!”

WTF? She didn’t know he had life insurance? He went and got life insurance in secret? In my experience, life insurance is almost always a husband/wife team decision, because it’s a monthly amount that has to be paid and the decision has to be made as to whether or not both lives have to be insured.

Or what? She didn’t tell the kids, we’ll be ok as soon as we get the insurance check? Way to go lady, stress them out of their minds!

They did everything wrong in that commercial they could do wrong for the sake of fear. Buy life insurance or else your family too could be terrorized! Buy life insurance and don’t tell anyone you did, so you have the fun of both protecting your family and being a cruel, manipulative bastard one last time!

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, Yukle said:

It was reigning the other day when I seized the rains of my horse, while waving around my $20 depicting Elizabeth II, who reins over Australia.

And here all this time I thought Australia was a dessert. 

22 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

They did everything wrong in that commercial they could do wrong for the sake of fear. Buy life insurance or else your family too could be terrorized! Buy life insurance and don’t tell anyone you did, so you have the fun of both protecting your family and being a cruel, manipulative bastard one last time!

Not to mention the sneaky dead dad made sure the oldest son had his sneaky don't tell anyone values ingrained in him or he would have told mom he had a fookin' job.   What a shitty family.

7 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Not to mention the sneaky dead dad made sure the oldest son had his sneaky don't tell anyone values ingrained in him or he would have told mom he had a fookin' job.   What a shitty family.

Good point!

On 23. 4. 2018 at 3:53 PM, Fragile Bird said:

There’s a commercial I currently hate (the hate changes with fresh new horrors), one for life insurance. The father in a family has died, mom is filled with worry, not unexpected, worried for their two boys, worried about being able to keep the house. Mom asks younger son where older son is. Older son has been sneaking off at night, biking into town - he has gotten a job so he can hand over his paycheck to save the house! But in the meantime, the mail comes, and there’s a check! “It’s ok, honey, dad took care of it!”

You have weirdly intricate and convoluted commercials in Canada. That is a whole story. The "stories" in our commercials are much shorter and simpler. The last two commercials that got my attention recently were the one where these poles for electricty (these thingies, however you call them) dance to an upbeat music (for electricty provider) and the one where random people in different scenes recite rhymes (for mineral water).

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You have weirdly intricate and convoluted commercials in Canada. That is a whole story. The "stories" in our commercials are much shorter and simpler. The last two commercials that got my attention recently were the one where these poles for electricty (these thingies, however you call them) dance to an upbeat music (for electricty provider) and the one where random people in different scenes recite rhymes (for mineral water).

Pylons

On 4/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, LongRider said:

And here all this time I thought Australia was a dessert. 

:bawl:

That hurts to read. :P

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Buckwheat said:

Lol, we've been brought up to admire incredible European commercials! Loooooong commercials.

This one was American, and it's a lot of action packed into, I don't know, 30 seconds? Most commercials are shorter than that these days, I should time it the next time I see it.

21 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pylons

Oh, thank you, now I learned a new word!

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, we've been brought up to admire incredible European commercials! Loooooong commercials.

This one was American, and it's a lot of action packed into, I don't know, 30 seconds? Most commercials are shorter than that these days, I should time it the next time I see it.

I am pretty sure most are shorter than 30 seconds here too.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hey. 

Pavlova.

Lamington.

Caramel Slice.

Chocolate Crackle.

Does it still hurt?

Oooooh, keep talking dirty to me. :wub:

Archived