Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

2 minutes ago, mankytoes said:

Spotted dick B)

I did chuckle. :P

Why do English people spoil their already strange food with even stranger names?

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

I did chuckle. :P

Why do English people spoil their already strange food with even stranger names?

I hate to be a buzzkill, because I know how funny the name is, and how enjoyable odd elements of foreign cultures are, but I've never had spotted dick, it isn't popular at all. You're most likely to hear about it in a lame attempt at humour (see above).

8 hours ago, mankytoes said:

I hate to be a buzzkill, because I know how funny the name is, and how enjoyable odd elements of foreign cultures are, but I've never had spotted dick, it isn't popular at all. You're most likely to hear about it in a lame attempt at humour (see above).

It’s a pretty old fashioned/traditional dessert I believe. The kind of pudding my grandmother would make (along with jam roly poly and such). It’s also the kind of pud I sometimes see on British pub menus. For some reason I always think of it as a private boarding school dessert. Not for any reason, so I don’t even know if that’s accurate, but hey hum

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wtf people think they were doing at the Met Gala this year dressing like that? 

Blake Lively and Ariana Grande were totes gorgeous. 

People who are on their phones while driving. Three different people nearly hit me in under a minute. All were jabbering away on their smart phones.

Also, while smart phones are all around better devices, they make it a lot harder to text and talk while driving.

Another thing, and I know I can't be alone here, I HATE when I go to Chipotle and the meat is cold. I normally go there during a long bike ride to get some tacos and beer, and it's depressing as hell when I bite into a taco and it's ice cold.

Also, learned the hard way this past weekend that it's a mistake to tell the person making my tacos that I want them swimming in hot sauce. It was difficult both going down and coming out. :stillsick: :bawl:

procrastination. 

im so, SO bad for it i'm actually starting to worry it's a symptom of something bigger. 

feel a bit rubbish that i didn't try my best at my last university essay but i had no drive and could NOT stop myself from doing other things until i only had about 4 hours left. hmmm.

26 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

procrastination. 

im so, SO bad for it i'm actually starting to worry it's a symptom of something bigger. 

feel a bit rubbish that i didn't try my best at my last university essay but i had no drive and could NOT stop myself from doing other things until i only had about 4 hours left. hmmm.

OMG I'm the BEST at procrastin

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Buckwheat said:

You have weirdly intricate and convoluted commercials in Canada. That is a whole story. The "stories" in our commercials are much shorter and simpler. The last two commercials that got my attention recently were the one where these poles for electricty (these thingies, however you call them) dance to an upbeat music (for electricty provider) and the one where random people in different scenes recite rhymes (for mineral water).

Just saw the commercial again, but an abbreviated version. 30 seconds. So the original version was perhaps 45 seconds. I thought it went on forever, but 30 second commercials these days are long commercials.

I've noticed that as a trend these days. They introduce the long version first, and then run a shorter version.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

An expert procrastinator would've taken longer to make that post.

Remember, if you wait until the last minute to do something, you finish in only one minute.

I remember this hilarious quiz in a Simpsons book I had as a kid. It was about the 7 Deadly Sins. One of the questions was:

SLOTH

Do you:

A) Put off what you can do today until tomorrow.

B) Put off what you can do today until next week.

C) Hibernate in winter.

Archived