Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

I remember this hilarious quiz in a Simpsons book I had as a kid. It was about the 7 Deadly Sins. One of the questions was:

SLOTH

Do you:

A) Put off what you can do today until tomorrow.

B) Put off what you can do today until next week.

C) Hibernate in winter.

Oh damn, 3 for 3.

Call me Sid, I guess...

Small thing I hate...going to T-bell drive through (don't judge), pull to the speaker only to have them tell me that they have no beef (insert joke abouit fake beef here)!  Hot the F do you not have beef!!! The most improbable part of this is that this is the third time in my life that it has happened at T-bell at two different locations! This last time I was actually said how the f do you not have it>?>?>?? The person said they had more customers than planned and they were bringing some from another store. End rant.

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Small thing I hate...going to T-bell drive through (don't judge), pull to the speaker only to have them tell me that they have no beef (insert joke abouit fake beef here)!  Hot the F do you not have beef!!! The most improbable part of this is that this is the third time in my life that it has happened at T-bell at two different locations! This last time I was actually said how the f do you not have it>?>?>?? The person said they had more customers than planned and they were bringing some from another store. End rant.

It sounds like you...

... made a beef about it.

21 hours ago, dbunting said:

Taco Bell not having beef is like hitting the dietary lottery.  You should be thanking them for not remitting low-quality, inhumanely raised meat products directly to you.  Eat the bean version and get TF outta there before you start doble-fisting chocotacos and Mt Dew.

15 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Taco Bell not having beef is like hitting the dietary lottery.  You should be thanking them for not remitting low-quality, inhumanely raised meat products directly to you.  Eat the bean version and get TF outta there before you start doble-fisting chocotacos and Mt Dew.

As a vegetarian, I find this forum's lack of judgement peculiar. This is the longest I've ever been part of an online community of any kind where someone hasn't posted "MEAT IS MURDER!"

Which is nice. :)

There's always at least one passionate anti-meat person in every Internet community, though. There should be someone around, right? The crazy vego? Who goes on and on... ?

OMG! It's me! Provided  I remain silent we should all be safe...

Drivers who take great offense to being honked at.  This most often occurs when someone is in front of me and has yet to go--most of the time it's because they're on their phone, sometimes I'll see their heads lift up when reacting to the honk--after the light changed to green.  Mind you, I'm not slamming my horn with authority and acting like a savage behind the wheel.  I just give a small tap.  

ALSO, people who are afraid to honk their horn.  One time I was dropping my gf off at the parking lot of a grocery store.  Before she got out of the car I was reminding her what to pick up.  This took about 2-3 minutes.  When she left I noticed I was blocking a car trying to reverse out of their spot.  I felt incredibly insensitive for being there that long.  And then incredibly dumbfounded at the passive aggressiveness of the driver who didn't want to get my attention by honking.

• 4 weeks later...

My mom has always been deathly afraid of short people.  Considering she's barely over 5', this may be psychological self loathing.  But it hasn't stopped my siblings and I from terrorizing her with this confounding prejudice.  Myself, I blame Randy Newman:

Anyone mention mosquitoes yet?

Mosquitoes. 

Especially at night when I'm trying to sleep and I hear that bzzzzzzzzz sound but I can't see them to smash.  Luckily the one that has been preying on me the last 3 nights got squished earlier and I don't think any more got inside today.

Death to all mosquitoes!

On 5/13/2018 at 7:21 PM, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Drivers who take great offense to being honked at.  This most often occurs when someone is in front of me and has yet to go--most of the time it's because they're on their phone, sometimes I'll see their heads lift up when reacting to the honk--after the light changed to green.  Mind you, I'm not slamming my horn with authority and acting like a savage behind the wheel.  I just give a small tap.  

ALSO, people who are afraid to honk their horn.  One time I was dropping my gf off at the parking lot of a grocery store.  Before she got out of the car I was reminding her what to pick up.  This took about 2-3 minutes.  When she left I noticed I was blocking a car trying to reverse out of their spot.  I felt incredibly insensitive for being there that long.  And then incredibly dumbfounded at the passive aggressiveness of the driver who didn't want to get my attention by honking.

Passive, not aggressive. 

I'm not  passive, yet few things make me angrier on the road than fucktards who communicate their displeasure via honking. A small tap like you say, no big,  but I personally don't do it because I really, really don't like being honked at. Maybe it's the human touch thing. I'll roll down my window and give a big 'YO,' or 'the fuck,' or 'Shut. The Fuck. Up,' or even [and most often, by far] a 'Sorry,' before I'll lean on it. 

A, oh your irritated that I had to sort out my girls in the back seat so you had to wait two seconds longer than usual? Yeah, go fuck yourself Mr Buddy. Personally, I see the horn as a life and death thing.

But that's not a small thing I hate. I feel pretty strongly about it. 

---

So, a small thing I hate: people enacting corporate takeovers at the ATM. Jesus Fucking Christ and All the Saints and Stars.

But I still won't honk my fucking horn. 

A dependable fact of life:  Being generous with salary just promotes greed.

Now because I was generous, I have to argue with people who apparently think I'm a pushover.  This would not have happened if I had been a hardass.

I wish I could learn my lesson but I keep making the same mistake.  Now I'm a softass, full of anger.

• 4 weeks later...

Small things I hate       99% of conspiracy theories.     People who are never happy; give them $5 and they wanted $10, buy them pizza as a reward and they wanted subs.             Overly aggressive drivers, the ones who weave in and out, speed up and then slam on their brakes as if they didn't see that stop light from a mile away only to do it again and again and again.

People who go on about music that they hate... yes, you don't listen to crap chart music that is mainly aimed at teenagers, what an intellectual colossus you are. More broadly, people defining themselves more by the things they dislike than the things they like. But music seems especially bad for it. 

Archived