Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

10 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Spam callers tick me off and I want to report them somehow. Sure it didn’t work on me, but they interrupted what I was doing, and they prey on others.

Even more annoying when you are expecting a call and so can’t ignore unknown numbers

On 7/17/2018 at 4:48 PM, mankytoes said:

People who go on about music that they hate... yes, you don't listen to crap chart music that is mainly aimed at teenagers, what an intellectual colossus you are. More broadly, people defining themselves more by the things they dislike than the things they like. But music seems especially bad for it. 

Or people just looking to argue about something. Playing in a poker tournament a while back and a guy shows up about an hour into it, after several of us had already been talking about small things. Music comes up and someone mentions 5 finger death punch and this guy said yeah he likes them. Then live shows comes up and I mentioned to the one guy who liked 5 finger (he had never been to any live show ever) that they put on a pretty good show and the singer does a decent job live. Then the same guy who earlier said he likes them starts talking all kinds of crap, calling them dousche bag music and saying they use back tracks when performing and he knows because he goes to shows all the time etc.

This same idiot wants to start fighting about swearing at the table. We had an older woman who asked people not to swear and the rest of us were fine with it, occasionally slipping out a word, this guy has to show he's a rebel and drop f bombs for no reason. Then brings up politics and libtards...was glad to see his insecure ass get busted out quick.

12 hours ago, dbunting said:

Or people just looking to argue about something. Playing in a poker tournament a while back and a guy shows up about an hour into it, after several of us had already been talking about small things. Music comes up and someone mentions 5 finger death punch and this guy said yeah he likes them. Then live shows comes up and I mentioned to the one guy who liked 5 finger (he had never been to any live show ever) that they put on a pretty good show and the singer does a decent job live. Then the same guy who earlier said he likes them starts talking all kinds of crap, calling them dousche bag music and saying they use back tracks when performing and he knows because he goes to shows all the time etc.

This same idiot wants to start fighting about swearing at the table. We had an older woman who asked people not to swear and the rest of us were fine with it, occasionally slipping out a word, this guy has to show he's a rebel and drop f bombs for no reason. Then brings up politics and libtards...was glad to see his insecure ass get busted out quick.

I grieve for you, brother. Jace is a marginal -though enthusiastic- poker player, and there's few things worse than a belligerent at the table. 

Some folks use gab as a tool in the game, but most have seen too much WSoP and are just dumbs.

12 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I grieve for you, brother. Jace is a marginal -though enthusiastic- poker player, and there's few things worse than a belligerent at the table. 

Some folks use gab as a tool in the game, but most have seen too much WSoP and are just dumbs.

This guy was just looking to fight with someone or argue, small mans disease at it's finest. Had to loudly declare he has a confederate flag tattoo and loves Trump. Just trying to be a bully and looked like an ass to everyone, even pro Trumpers who were there. Luckily I haven't seen him since. 

• People who constantly bitch about the price of fuel while simultaneously driving a vehicle the size of a tank.
  • People who ride your bumper in stop-go traffic.  People who get excited when I don't ride the bumper of the car in front of me in stop and go traffic.  Like It'll get you home 5 seconds faster or something (it won't).  No thanks.  I'll save my brakes and my clutch, thank you.
  • People who populate my facebook feed with inane, idiotic political memes, and then when you point out the problems with them, either get offended or constantly change the subject to avoid answering the question.  Same for borderline racist nonsense.  The overt racist nonsense is easy: they get unfriended.
  • People when they find out who my employer is (an automotive manufacturer you've heard of), the first thing out of their mouth is "You know what they need to do...".  
  • People who have an uncanny ability to fail up.
  • When you do an oil change and you think you have the pan positioned properly to catch the initial jet of oil only to find you weren't even close.
  • The location of the oil filter on my current vehicle.
  • cleaning up spilled oil after an oil change.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:59 PM, HoodedCrow said:

Spam callers tick me off and I want to report them somehow. Sure it didn’t work on me, but they interrupted what I was doing, and they prey on others.

I get the occasional spam text and one spam voicemail claiming to be from government tax collection.  There are ways to report them.  Use google. I'm too lazy to remember right now.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:
  • People who constantly bitch about the price of fuel while simultaneously driving a vehicle the size of a tank.
  • People who ride your bumper in stop-go traffic.  People who get excited when I don't ride the bumper of the car in front of me in stop and go traffic.  Like It'll get you home 5 seconds faster or something (it won't).  No thanks.  I'll save my brakes and my clutch, thank you.
  • People who populate my facebook feed with inane, idiotic political memes, and then when you point out the problems with them, either get offended or constantly change the subject to avoid answering the question.  Same for borderline racist nonsense.  The overt racist nonsense is easy: they get unfriended.
  • People when they find out who my employer is (an automotive manufacturer you've heard of), the first thing out of their mouth is "You know what they need to do...".  
  • People who have an uncanny ability to fail up.
  • When you do an oil change and you think you have the pan positioned properly to catch the initial jet of oil only to find you weren't even close.
  • The location of the oil filter on my current vehicle.
  • cleaning up spilled oil after an oil change.

I drive a busy road home daily and can't understand why only some of us understand that on this road if you drive just under the speed limit you hit green lights the whole way! These idiots race to the redlight and I turtle past them as it turns green, then they get mad and race ahead even faster only to have to hit the brakes harder and never get the point!!!

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

I drive a busy road home daily and can't understand why only some of us understand that on this road if you drive just under the speed limit you hit green lights the whole way! These idiots race to the redlight and I turtle past them as it turns green, then they get mad and race ahead even faster only to have to hit the brakes harder and never get the point!!!

Same.  I'd play a game where I kept track of a few of the more aggressive drivers on my afternoon commute, assuming one or more would be getting off at the same exit as me.  I lived downtown at the time so it almost always happened.  They'd take off and disappear into the distance.  Miles later, often as not, I'd get to the first traffic light at the foot of my exit ramp and there they'd be.

Beyond a certain threshold of traffic intensity and just about any traffic lights kills your ability to make time by increasing your speed.  This holds true for long distance driving as well.  There's a trip I do almost every year: 800 miles with 4 cities between my start point and my destination, one of them large.  Between the time you lose slowing down or hitting traffic in those cities and dealing with traffic on the interstates, anything above 70 mph is just wasting gas.  The only way to make time is to do the trip in the dead of night where it's just you and the truckers.  Only, you have to be extra careful as with less traffic you become a greater target for speed traps.

Circular intersections. Also rogue goat swarms.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/100-rogue-goats-terrorize-the-lawns-of-boise.html

100 Rogue Goats Terrorize the Lawns of Boise

On Friday, KTVB reporter Joe Parris tweeted, “About 100 goats are on the loose right now in a #Boise neighborhood. They are going house to house eating everything in sight. Nobody has a clue where they came from,” along with several pictures of the rogue beasts.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:50 AM, Ormond said:

Try to get over that one, because there is a high chance you will someday have an elderly relative or friend with dementia, and constantly repeating oneself -- and especially asking the same question over and over again -- is one of the main early signs of that problem. 

I hate to tell you this, but also a sign of general ageing and having no new stories. I am quite happy to repeat my stories to friends as long as I know they also have lost their wits and won't remember I told them before. 

On 7/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:
  • People who ride your bumper in stop-go traffic.

People who do that in any traffic. People who think the safe way to go down a precipitous pass from mountains to coast with hair pin bends is to fasten themselves to the car in front of them (me).

People who overtake you in steady traffic then sit in front so they can arrive at the destination 3 secs earlier.

The mouse in my kitchen every night when I come home from work.  Same spot every night.  Same startled run to cover behind the stove.  My dog, a rat terrier, is either afraid of this mouse or just doesn't care about him at all.

21 hours ago, Castellan said:

People who do that in any traffic. People who think the safe way to go down a precipitous pass from mountains to coast with hair pin bends is to fasten themselves to the car in front of them (me).

People who overtake you in steady traffic then sit in front so they can arrive at the destination 3 secs earlier.

If I'm passing someone in the left lane and someone is riding my ass, I'll get over and let them go.  Let them get the speeding ticket.  I like having a cop magnet on the road in front of me.

If someone is riding my ass for no particular reason.  I've learned just not to respond.  If they want to sit back there, fine.  I'm going to keep doing my thing.  If they run into the back of me, I will dedicate the remainder of my life to destroying them.  I'm considering getting a rear facing camera to do this.

Yeah, overtaking and sitting in front of you is really annoying, especially if all you're doing is keeping a constant speed.  My view is, if you're not holding me up, help yourself.  Life's too short.

10 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

The mouse in my kitchen every night when I come home from work.  Same spot every night.  Same startled run to cover behind the stove.  My dog, a rat terrier, is either afraid of this mouse or just doesn't care about him at all.

Your dog is broken.

Archived