Small things you hate

Fragile Bird

14 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Your dog is broken.

Well he is partly blind.  Probably 30% vision but that's a guess.  Still, I am pretty surprised at his ambivalence.

I feel like a small piece of my soul dies every time i'm exploring in the great outdoors and I spot litter, especially discarded plastic!

An interesting article on how Norway has set a good example for others to aspire towards lessening this pollution- https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/norway-plastic-pollution_us_5b7c07e0e4b05906b41779ee

On August 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

I feel like a small piece of my soul dies every time i'm exploring in the great outdoors and I spot litter, especially discarded plastic!

An interesting article on how Norway has set a good example for others to aspire towards lessening this pollution- https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/norway-plastic-pollution_us_5b7c07e0e4b05906b41779ee

Positive news on this issue, Kroger reportedly going to eliminate plastic grocery bags in their stores. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kroger-plastic-bags_us_5b7ec08de4b0348585fe3b4a

• 5 weeks later...

Planned encores. I saw the Arctic Monkeys the other day, decent gig, they said before it would end at half ten. At quarter past, they walk off the stage, but the house lights don't come on, so everyone knows the gig hasn't finished. We're obviously supposed to feed their egos by begging them to come back and play until the time they're supposed to, which five minutes later they do. Would have preferred another song in there, or even some "banter" from Alex. 

A genuine encore, like when someone is playing in a pub and they've really had a great reaction and are surprised that people are so keen to hear more, is a wonderful thing. Writing an encore into a set plan is the height of insincere egotism. 

• 3 weeks later...

i hate it when people i care about disappear without a trace...

ok i don't really consider this small, but @Castellan has been off the board for over a month and it was sudden so i was wondering if anyone knows her in real world or faceless book world...

..just worried about it i guess

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Passive aggressive invasive landlords .

I'm moving out next week and my landlord has been showing my place constantly, which is a pain in the ass as it means I need to come home from work and get my dog when he shows it, or he's been showing it between 5 and 7 at night when I'm just getting home from work and want to shower off the day's filth.  And then when I said tomorrow around noon wouldn't be a good time to show it because a friend will be moving some of my stuff out, he texts me "please advise her not to mar the floors or damage walls while moving items.  Moving is much easier with two people.". Wanted to tell him to get fucked but instead I'm posting this here.

Hate might be a bit of a strong word for it, but after a year or so of struggling I finally got an assessment a couple week ago and have now joined The Tribe That Wears Glasses.

Archived