Fragile Bird

Small things you hate

On 7/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:
  • People who ride your bumper in stop-go traffic.

People who do that in any traffic. People who think the safe way to go down a precipitous pass from mountains to coast with hair pin bends is to fasten themselves to the car in front of them (me).

People who overtake you in steady traffic then sit in front so they can arrive at the destination 3 secs earlier.

The mouse in my kitchen every night when I come home from work.  Same spot every night.  Same startled run to cover behind the stove.  My dog, a rat terrier, is either afraid of this mouse or just doesn't care about him at all.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Castellan said:

People who do that in any traffic. People who think the safe way to go down a precipitous pass from mountains to coast with hair pin bends is to fasten themselves to the car in front of them (me).

People who overtake you in steady traffic then sit in front so they can arrive at the destination 3 secs earlier.

If I'm passing someone in the left lane and someone is riding my ass, I'll get over and let them go.  Let them get the speeding ticket.  I like having a cop magnet on the road in front of me.

If someone is riding my ass for no particular reason.  I've learned just not to respond.  If they want to sit back there, fine.  I'm going to keep doing my thing.  If they run into the back of me, I will dedicate the remainder of my life to destroying them.  I'm considering getting a rear facing camera to do this.

Yeah, overtaking and sitting in front of you is really annoying, especially if all you're doing is keeping a constant speed.  My view is, if you're not holding me up, help yourself.  Life's too short.

10 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

The mouse in my kitchen every night when I come home from work.  Same spot every night.  Same startled run to cover behind the stove.  My dog, a rat terrier, is either afraid of this mouse or just doesn't care about him at all.

Your dog is broken.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

14 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Your dog is broken.

Well he is partly blind.  Probably 30% vision but that's a guess.  Still, I am pretty surprised at his ambivalence.

I feel like a small piece of my soul dies every time i'm exploring in the great outdoors and I spot litter, especially discarded plastic!

An interesting article on how Norway has set a good example for others to aspire towards lessening this pollution- https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/norway-plastic-pollution_us_5b7c07e0e4b05906b41779ee

On August 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

I feel like a small piece of my soul dies every time i'm exploring in the great outdoors and I spot litter, especially discarded plastic!

An interesting article on how Norway has set a good example for others to aspire towards lessening this pollution- https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/norway-plastic-pollution_us_5b7c07e0e4b05906b41779ee

Positive news on this issue, Kroger reportedly going to eliminate plastic grocery bags in their stores. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kroger-plastic-bags_us_5b7ec08de4b0348585fe3b4a