Gun Control: The Tree Of Liberty Must Be Refreshed From Time To Time With The Blood Of Children And Innocents

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why? I knew a lot of kids in HS who did that kind of stuff to seem edgy and cool. Until I see better proof, I'm just going to assume he's a dope who couldn't write a coherent 2 page essay on what any of those symbols mean, given that some of them are completely at odds with one another.

No you're right, I'm just in a bitter mood today.

This Governor is on to something.  If we eliminate doors and windows  at schools we can effectively end school shootings.  We brick your kids and teachers into a building where the kids are say, 10 years old.  Then when they turn 18 we bust out the jack hammers and open up the 'Education Egg'.  Problem solved.  Kind of like Biodome meets Cask of Amontillado.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

This Governor is on to something.  If we eliminate doors and windows  at schools we can effectively end school shootings.  We brick your kids and teachers into a building where the kids are say, 10 years old.  Then when they turn 18 we bust out the jack hammers and open up the 'Education Egg'.  Problem solved.  Kind of like Biodome meets Cask of Amontillado.

No, we need to fill all public and private schools with cement. Home schooling ONLY.

School shootings- FIN.

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Geez, I’m losing my memory...famous 1930s droll comedian said this.

”When a child turns 12, he should be kept in a barrel and fed through a hole, until he reaches 16...at which time you should plug the hole.”

A quick search shows me Mark Twain said that. But I first heard W. C. Fields say it in a movie, to Mae West, iirc.

Sounds like the perfect solution for Texas.

"I want them to tell my story."

That is apparently what the young Nazi told police regarding why he spared the lives of several students who were under the barrel of his weapon.

Now that's interesting. No 17 year old who wears the Iron Cross, Hammer/Sickle, and the Greyjoy Kraken understands the way humans process trauma enough to have that thought in that distillation.

"I want to be famous." Whatever, that's pretty standard.

"I wanted to teach them." Heard that one too.

"I want them to tell my story." That's different. One wonders who put that idea in his stupid little Nazi head.

Not really, though. That sort of mentally impaired commentary is probably common on Hitler fan sites seeking to attribute motive to their palsied wreck of an icon.

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, that reads like a confused kid who doesn't know much about history and just wanted to use a bunch of symbols associated with Hate. That doesn't automatically make him a member of the alt right. 

Why? I knew a lot of kids in HS who did that kind of stuff to seem edgy and cool. Until I see better proof, I'm just going to assume he's a dope who couldn't write a coherent 2 page essay on what any of those symbols mean, given that some of them are completely at odds with one another.

This sounds about white, also sounds like denialism. 

Yea, guy was just an edgelord trying to look cool, he totally didn't wind up killing people in a mass shooting. 

We totally haven't seen other trash like him doing this in Florida in a previous school shooting, or driving a car into a group of people in Virginia and killing a woman named Heather Heyer. We haven't seen another one up in Quebec shoot up a mosque. 

There isn't an entire group called the Atomwaffen that has people similair to this asshole mass shooter that has killed people or cheer on murders.

If someone is calling themselves a nazi, which is what he did besides the conflicting political symbols on his duster (though he explained this on the post of his duster), it's best to take them at their word isntead of making excuses for them. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/dimitrios-pagourtzis-gunman-texas-shooting.html

Above all this, Mr. Pagourtzis posted artwork seemingly inspired by the electronic musician James Kent, professionally known as Perturbator. Mr. Kent’s music — largely instrumental — has been adopted by affiliates of neo-Nazi groups and the alt-right.

Oh look at that.

Supports Trump, calls himself a nazi, posted artwork inspired by a musician that has been adopted by nazis.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm. Yea, just being edgy. No tell here eh?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dimitrios-pagourtzis-reportedly-idd-as-santa-fe-texas-shooting-suspect
That same day, Pagourtzis posted multiple pictures of a duster jacket emblazoned with a variety of symbols including the Iron Cross, a German military award last given by the Nazis, and other pins. He said he equated the Iron Cross with “bravery.” Pagourtzis said a hammer and sickle meant “rebellion,” a rising sun meant “kamikaze tactics,” and a baphomet meant “evil.”

Oh look at this too. He explained the conflicting symbols. And he woudn't be the first nazi to appropriate a symbol for their cause. I mean look at the Swastika.

I watched CNN interview teens from the school the day after. One teen was saying, and I paraphrase, "This is not an area of the country that supports gun control. We put a big burden on the police. We need to do more to protect ourselves. We need more guns."

Fuck.

And I am shocked at how many people think one entryway into a school is part of the solution. Wait till some bastard sets fire to a school and barricades the door with, say, a truck.

In one of the kids' stories was that of a boy running for an exit -- which was locked, so he had run all the way to another part of the campus to get to relative safety.

The new head of the NRA was pretty much right about something. Kids these days are growing up in a violent culture that perpetuates violence. Rather than ritalin, though, I posit a more likely source of violence that children witness and normalise. It is likely the gun violence that is part of their everyday lives. Just a thought.

I just seen a post about the murder/crime rate in America. It was a few days ago and I probably can't find it. Plus, it was on Facebook (why I'm asking here as someone might debunk or prove), that America is in the Top 5 in the world, but if you exclude D.C., Chicago, St. Louis and two other cities I can't recall, then we are 183 out of 190 some. All these cities mentioned have very strict gun laws. 

First, is this true? Secondly, would this if true, be a huge tell that gun laws do not decrease violence? 

Now, I am no Trumpett, but id like to know if this is true, and if so, what would decrease the violence in those cities. I know all of them are poverty stricken and that adds to the violence. But, people, we need an answer.

11 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

I just seen a post about the murder/crime rate in America. It was a few days ago and I probably can't find it. Plus, it was on Facebook (why I'm asking here as someone might debunk or prove), that America is in the Top 5 in the world, but if you exclude D.C., Chicago, St. Louis and two other cities I can't recall, then we are 183 out of 190 some. All these cities mentioned have very strict gun laws. 

First, is this true? Secondly, would this if true, be a huge tell that gun laws do not decrease violence? 

Now, I am no Trumpett, but id like to know if this is true, and if so, what would decrease the violence in those cities. I know all of them are poverty stricken and that adds to the violence. But, people, we need an answer.

New guns laws in all of the areas around those cities. 60% of gun crimes in Chicago are from guns from other states. Two-thirds of the NJ/NY gun crimes are guns from out of state -- mostly the South due to the infamous Iron Pipeline

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-laws-stop-at-state-lines-but-guns-dont/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/12/us/gun-traffickers-smuggling-state-gun-laws.html

P.S. - We also screw up other countries because of their lax borders and our lax gun laws.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kinosian-weigend-guns-mexico-20170302-story.html

13 minutes ago, Week said:

New guns laws in all of the areas around those cities. 60% of gun crimes in Chicago are from guns from other states. Two-thirds of the NJ/NY gun crimes are guns from out of state -- mostly the South due to the infamous Iron Pipeline

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-laws-stop-at-state-lines-but-guns-dont/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/12/us/gun-traffickers-smuggling-state-gun-laws.html

P.S. - We also screw up other countries because of their lax borders and our lax gun laws.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kinosian-weigend-guns-mexico-20170302-story.html

So, your admitting that gun laws do nothing to stop crime? The way I see it if federal laws were passed, the criminals would get guns from Mexico, the black market and so on. I think its a cultural problem and can't be solved solely from gun laws.

2 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

So, your admitting that gun laws do nothing to stop crime? The way I see it if federal laws were passed, the criminals would get guns from Mexico, the black market and so on. I think its a cultural problem and can't be solved solely from gun laws.

No. Read any of the sources that I cited. 

Example - "Most of the weapons used by criminal groups in Mexico originate in the United States. Each year, an average of 253,000 firearms cross the border, the overwhelming majority of which come from the Southwest states of California, Texas and Arizona.  From 2009 to 2014, more than 70% of firearms — nearly 74,000 — seized by Mexican authorities and then submitted for tracing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms came from the United States. Many of these guns were semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, cartel favorites that Mexican citizens cannot buy legally." from the LA Times link above.

2 minutes ago, Week said:

No. Read any of the sources that I cited. 

Example - "Most of the weapons used by criminal groups in Mexico originate in the United States. Each year, an average of 253,000 firearms cross the border, the overwhelming majority of which come from the Southwest states of California, Texas and Arizona.  From 2009 to 2014, more than 70% of firearms — nearly 74,000 — seized by Mexican authorities and then submitted for tracing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms came from the United States. Many of these guns were semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, cartel favorites that Mexican citizens cannot buy legally." from the LA Times link above.

Fair enough, but if these gun laws would pass, that would create a market (even bigger than now) for illegal guns. Cause and effect, ia something you cant dismiss.

4 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

Fair enough, but if these gun laws would pass, that would create a market (even bigger than now) for illegal guns. Cause and effect, ia something you cant dismiss.

Nevermind, not worth it

Even if a road block isn’t insurmountable that doesn’t mean it’s useless. While it’s true that there will always be a black market, it’s not all that easy to get into. A troubled kid looking for a gun to shoot up his school would probably have a hard time  finding a black market weapons dealer on the street if he couldn’t buy one legally. 

Having to drive 45 minutes to another state  to get a gun is a ridiculously low bar though, and that’s why gun laws have limited effect as long as the surrounding states have lxer gun laws.

2 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

Cause: guns are illegal.

Effect: they become increasingly prohibitively expensive.

You haven't thought it through. If the legal markets go away, so do the legal manufacturers. Try applying a little effort to your dogshit arguments before spewing them all over my reading material.

Archived