Gun Control: The Tree Of Liberty Must Be Refreshed From Time To Time With The Blood Of Children And Innocents

6 hours ago, Esmenet said:

No, I'm not. Your confusing what I'm saying. I'm talking about Big cities, and the poorer areas where most the gun-related murder rates are the highest. Thats all I was discussing. Your conveying what you think of me into your posts. I know people of every color kill those of other colors. But, thats not what my post was about. But, go ahead and make it whatever makes you feel good.

You have a ridiculous idea of big cities and violence.  I guess you don't live in one.  You are thinking of a fantasy fiction tv comic book picture of what big cities and inner cities are like -- which is not what they are like.

More violence, and more drug addiction, and drug dealing, one-on-one is out there, and as groups, are of white people, dealt by white people.  Did you hear nothing of opioid crisis?

You keep blathering 'inner cities' as if that means something significantly different from the rest of the US. And it does not.  You've bought into the dumbster's howls about some gang from Central America wreaking havoc on Long Island.  Guess what?  Long Islanders will laugh in your face if you bring this up.  It's almost entirely fantasy out of his brain -- and yours.

I live in washington d.c. getting a gun would be a hard for me. I could however drive the 10 minutes into nothing Virginia and have a gun sold to me legally by a private seller in no time at all. 

this isn't some black market. this is how the laws work and how people in otherwise restricted areas can get guns. 

to suggest if every state was as restrictive as say dc that guns would just still be as easy to get via a black market is comical. 

16 hours ago, Hereward said:

@EsmenetLet's assume, for the sake of argument, that we don't care about inner city gun violence (God forbid in Trump's America). Let's assume, as a first step, that we only care about school shootings. Now, almost every one of the depressingly countless school shootings you have is committed by someone who owns, or is using, a legal weapon, legally acquired, right up until the moment they shoot the fuck out of a bunch of kids. Let us further assume that if guns were illegal, that these socially awkward loners would, instead of buying a gun at their local store, or borrowing one from their responsible gun owning relative, have to venture into the criminal underworld and negotiate with a scary as fuck criminal. Do you think that that might, in some small way, provide a barrier to shooting lots and lots of children?

Of course. 

18 hours ago, Zorral said:

You have a ridiculous idea of big cities and violence.  I guess you don't live in one.  You are thinking of a fantasy fiction tv comic book picture of what big cities and inner cities are like -- which is not what they are like.

More violence, and more drug addiction, and drug dealing, one-on-one is out there, and as groups, are of white people, dealt by white people.  Did you hear nothing of opioid crisis?

You keep blathering 'inner cities' as if that means something significantly different from the rest of the US. And it does not.  You've bought into the dumbster's howls about some gang from Central America wreaking havoc on Long Island.  Guess what?  Long Islanders will laugh in your face if you bring this up.  It's almost entirely fantasy out of his brain -- and yours.

I dont live in a inner-city, but have been to the slums of Baltimore and NYC. And its certainly white people whom are in the minority. That's where these murders occur, for the most part. Thats where the gangs are. I think your the one being totally naive here. 

51 minutes ago, Esmenet said:

I dont live in a inner-city, but have been to the slums of Baltimore and NYC. And its certainly white people whom are in the minority. That's where these murders occur, for the most part. Thats where the gangs are. I think your the one being totally naive here. 

@Tywin et al. *Judges* -- We were expecting black on black crime to make an appearance -- did we get it in the above? Can we confirm??

38 minutes ago, Week said:

@Tywin et al. *Judges* -- We were expecting black on black crime to make an appearance -- did we get it in the above? Can we confirm??

I rule implied, but not strictly stated.

2 hours ago, Esmenet said:

This is flat wrong. I’ve avoided talking to you because there seems to be nothing to gain, but if you are being serious, this article will answer all the silly questions you’ve been asking:  

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts

2 hours ago, Esmenet said:

Ooooo -- you went slumming!  Sheesh.  And that is considered research?  You're still blaming black people for the proliferation of national gun violence.  You don't see there are different, though entwined forces at work here.  And with these school shooting its something separate.  You just keep digging deeper and deeper into your racist hole.

I second the fact that gun violence is not one problem. We have school shootings, workplace shootings, islamic terrorism, nazi terrorism, just plain nutcase mass shootings, drug gang violence, domestic violence, escalated drunk brawls, robbery homicide, fatal accidents... and then we haven’t even discussed suicide yet, which is by far the biggest problem by death count.

If only there was some common denominator to all these problems, some kind of enabler without which the shootings couldn’t happen. Then it might be a good idea to try to reduce access to that factor. Nah, who am I kidding, it’s probably easier to just improve psychiatric care nation-wide, throw out all the Muslims, win the war on drugs, stop people from being assholes, prohibit booze and forbid people from being sad and lonely.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I rule implied, but not strictly stated.

This is flat wrong. I’ve avoided talking to you because there seems to be nothing to gain, but if you are being serious, this article will answer all the silly questions you’ve been asking:  

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-gun-violence-statistics-maps-charts

Perhaps the most disturbing chart was #16, which is also the one that seems to be most relevant at the current time: mass shootings do not lead to a backlash against guns in the long term.

Saying of which, how's that bump stock ban going?

22 hours ago, Yukle said:

Which tactic will be adopted?

1) Ignore.

2) Redirect onto a different argument. WINNER!

3) Stupid argument that you didn't get the point and "I'm not going to even bother trying to explain it to you. I give up."

6 hours ago, Esmenet said:

Of course. 

4 hours ago, Esmenet said:

7 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Perhaps the most disturbing chart was #16, which is also the one that seems to be most relevant at the current time: mass shootings do not lead to a backlash against guns in the long term.

Saying of which, how's that bump stock ban going?

Five through eight are what jump out at me. Five and eight highlight how states with fewer and weaker gun laws have higher rates of gun homicides per capita, which shouldn't shock anyone. Six and seven do a great job of illustrating how much of an outlier the U.S. is with regards to gun violence while highlight we're otherwise on par with overall violence with other countries.

Seven should jump out to you. Australians are the most violent people on the chart, though that really shouldn't be shocking considering your lot are decedents from criminals. 

:P

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Seven should jump out to you. Australians are the most violent people on the chart, though that really shouldn't be shocking considering your lot are decedents from criminals. 

Yeah, I did notice that. :( 

I don't know why; there's usually far too much focus on what happens after crimes are committed and not enough on what happens to prevent them being committed. That's my guess.

23 hours ago, Yukle said:

Yeah, I did notice that. :( 

I don't know why; there's usually far too much focus on what happens after crimes are committed and not enough on what happens to prevent them being committed. That's my guess.

Alternative theory: You guys drink a lot of beer down under, causing inebriation, and you're all drink Fosters, which is disgusting, which leads to hate and anger, which creates the violence.

:dunno:

On 6/2/2018 at 8:06 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Alternative theory: You guys drink a lot of beer down under, causing inebriation, and you're all drink Fosters, which is disgusting, which leads to hate and anger, which creates the violence.

:dunno:

The anger leads to hate and hate... leads to suffering!

We're all on the Dark Side.

Archived