Gun Control: The Tree Of Liberty Must Be Refreshed From Time To Time With The Blood Of Children And Innocents

On 6/7/2018 at 10:32 PM, Esmenet said:

Those are all the same link. That just shows we dont have the 3rd highest homicide rate worldwide. So, where do we rank then, sir. That info wasn't included. I'm open, to take your "proof" and adjust my train of thought. What makes my links so easily dismissed? Anyway, I feel we are at an impasse here, and won't agree on these things. Thays fine, I did my research, and it was dismissed. In my link, there was many other articles beside the one I used that also come to closely the same facts. Maybe I'm just a shit researcher. Just know, I'm not racist, I do believe in gun reform, and wether you can believe that or not, I can do nothing to change your views. But, giving me a post to 10 different links, whichbtiens out to all be the same, show me your not willing to take my views into account. Thats fine. 

You had (at some points in the past decade) the third highest homicide rate of OECD countries (which are in theory the countries the US ought to be comparable to). With failing nation Mexico (fuelled by the US drug economy) having the highest rates.

eg https://i.imgur.com/skcT8qr.png (from here).

There is some fluctuation, compare this chart, where civil unrest prone Turkey passed you as well (and the US rate seems low?).

Or for fun (and I don't know if this will keep the messy chart I created) Play with this chart. And explore where the US fits. 

On Friday, when I went into school to teach where I work, I decided to enter through a different entrance than I normally do.

Our school is measured in hectares because it's so big. It has its own dedicated bus stop! :) Which we're very grateful for.

Walking from one end to the other is fairly easy due to the disability access that we have. Some of our students have wheelchairs and can access every room in the entire school within about 10 minutes, even if they have to go from end to end, without ever needing assistance opening a door or moving between the storeys of buildings.

This is, of course, made infinitely easier by the fact that none of the students will bring a gun to school. Ever. Since Australia bans semi-automatic weapons. Guns still exist, but not nearly in the same quantity.

I assume part of the reason is due to this novel idea that is worth a try: anyone who wants a gun has to prove why they need it, that they don't have a violent past, cannot buy more than a strict amount of ammunition, must lock it and must also complete a training course about how to use the weapon safely.

Just some things to keep in mind when this weekend is over (long weekend for me, woohoo!) when I go to school without fearing that my students will be massacred by a fellow student.

Originally posted by @Vin. :(

It's terrible to think this wasn't "horrible" enough to break into front pages, as it would in other cultures. It's too routine to make much news. :(

I feel awful for the lives ruined. Not in a stupid, "thoughts and prayers and let's not do anything," way, but in an empathetic fellow humans don't deserve to be shot way.

It wasn't a school with worthy white and / or well-off kids as victims, but a 24-hour FREE art festival in NEWARK, NEW JERSEY, with lots and lots and lots of black attendees, with their children, and only one person was killed, though 20 were wounded, and everyone else was terrified nearly to death.  So, really, what does this matter.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

It wasn't a school with worthy white and / or well-off kids as victims, but a 24-hour FREE art festival in NEWARK, NEW JERSEY, with lots and lots and lots of black attendees, with their children, and only one person was killed, though 20 were wounded, and everyone else was terrified nearly to death.  So, really, what does this matter.

People are just waiting for the appropriate time to discuss guns. Last I heard the experts predict a 20 minute window some time in early February 2038.

15 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

People are just waiting for the appropriate time to discuss guns. Last I heard the experts predict a 20 minute window some time in early February 2038.

Too soon.

1 minute ago, chiKanery et al. said:

There was a shooting over the weekend? That’s news to me. How bout that?  

It’s always too soon.   

You know what they say. "Better late than save children from mass murder sprees."

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

The shooting also appeared to be gang-related, with 3 shooters. So the media is less interested in that, though you would think the right-wingers would jump all over that and say SEE, CRIMINALS!!! We need our Rambo suits!

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

This is why all artists should carry guns, and the children should have been armed. All of the art on display should have had motion sensors connected to land mines and there should be tanks at every entrance.

I can't believe how much all of  you crybaby libtards refuse to accept that MORE GUNS is the answer. Without guns, there is no safety. 100% of gun deaths are invented by the MSM. Fact.

All gun deaths are actually people deaths. It's in the constitution. Deal with it.

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

The incident took place not in Newark, the State's largest city, but rather in the NJ State Capitol, Trenton, 50 miles to the southwest of Newark.   As others have posted, the incident was related to a gang dispute, and immediately followed several instances of persons engaging in fights.  Shooting incidents are sadly common in Trenton.  The person who died was shot by police, and had not only an illegal type of gun but had been released a few months ago from prison after incarceration for many years after conviction of murder and other crimes.  A follow-up news report can be read here:  http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/trenton_shooting_suspected_gunman_killed_at_art_al.html#incart_most_shared-news

8 minutes ago, Ser Knight Somerville said:

Shooting incidents are sadly common in Trenton.  The person who died was shot by police, and had not only an illegal type of gun but had been released a few months ago from prison after incarceration for many years after conviction of murder and other crimes...

A question in all seriousness: does the fact that the gun was illegal make it any more or less appropriate that the person who died had the gun in the first place?

Ah -- at first the radio said Newark.  I should have checked more, but I've taken a break pretty much from the news most of Sunday and today.

However, to poo-poo a shooting at a public art event because there are other incidents in the territory isn't fair or right either.  It's still all about the easy availability of guns.  The new governor of NJ, to much ballyhoo just signed tougher gun laws last week, Wednesday, (the 13th).

I've been waiting and waiting though for the gang-connection thing to be drumbeated in D.C. and everywhere.  

It's also possible that

some victims were injured by cops' bullets as officers were shooting at the suspects, officials said. How many shots were fired in all is still under investigation, they said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/art_all_night_trenton_shooting.html

• 4 months later...
53 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Executed for doing his job, whilst black.

With friends like this, who needs enemies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46187460

I’d really like to know when “oops” will not be good enough for the American Public when it comes to police shooting people who are no threat to them?

One of my better thread titles if I may say so. I just tried to count the number of people wounded or killed in mass shootings since this thread started, but it was too much of a chore. The number is really high.  

I'm sure the NRA is jumping all over themselves to condemn the killing of an armed guard who resolved a situation exactly like they... What's that? Nothing? Like they ignored Philando Castile being shot for informing a trigger-happy bedwetting cop about his legal weapon?

Gosh, you might come to think the NRA is a fucking racist dogshit organization.

9 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm sure the NRA is jumping all over themselves to condemn the killing of an armed guard who resolved a situation exactly like they... What's that? Nothing? Like they ignored Philando Castile being shot for informing a trigger-happy bedwetting cop about his legal weapon?

Gosh, you might come to think the NRA is a fucking racist dogshit organization.

Apologize to dogshit!

Archived