Sign in to follow this  
Iskaral Pust

March 2018 reads: share your latest books read

Serious question. I have never read any of the Harry Potter books. Should I? Am I missing out, or did I just miss the chance as a kid?

I think it's worth giving them a shot. The first couple are very short so it wouldn't be much time to see if you enjoy them and want to continue on.

10 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Serious question. I have never read any of the Harry Potter books. Should I? Am I missing out, or did I just miss the chance as a kid?

Not easy to answer. I wasn't a kid but in my late 20s when I read them (around 2000 when the 4th book was due) but I found them very enjoyable. In hindsight with some re-reads during the years and waits until 2007 the first 3 books are maybe more successful than the remainder because they are not as ambitious.

2 hours ago, Jo498 said:

Not easy to answer. I wasn't a kid but in my late 20s when I read them (around 2000 when the 4th book was due) but I found them very enjoyable. In hindsight with some re-reads during the years and waits until 2007 the first 3 books are maybe more successful than the remainder because they are not as ambitious.

I read them about the same age, after having seen most of the films. As an adult read I thought the first book was something I'd probably have loved if I'd read it as a child but wasn't really the target audience for, but I thought the later books got more interesting. I thought they were an enjoyable series of books to read.