Why Does the Political Right And Left Feel the Need to Demonize Each Other ?

GAROVORKIN

7 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Because of the Water content of Earth, more heat will be trapped which will cause  the Earth to get even Warmer then Venus.  Even without Global Warming , this will  happen  as the sun Heats up.  

I have no idea how you could reasonably come to that conclusion. There is no evidence to suggest that Earth is evaporating more water naturally than it is also allowing to fall as precipitation.

The sun will indeed warm, but not in a timescale that is relevant to humans. The sort of temperature increases we have done ourselves are hundreds of millions of years away at a minimum! The fact that the Earth is a colossal 4 billion years old is testament to the ordinarily stable cycles that it has.

To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time ever that the carbon dioxide levels have exceeded 400ppm. That's not cause for an indifferent reaction of, "What does it matter? Earth will die eventually." As I said, failure to take this seriously is one source of frequent tension between the left and right wings of politics, to answer the OP.

On 19/03/2018 at 3:17 AM, GAROVORKIN said:

Where do you draw that line ? The big problem with  limiting or restricting  individual  freedoms and Liberties is that it becomes a  slippery slope that leads us all to Oceana .  

The big problem with not restricting the actions of individuals due to the harm they cause others is the end of civilization. Whatever we have now is a direct result of the balance of restrictions and freedoms, and the only way we can survive is within that balance.

I want the freedom to pollute the earth and waters all the time with anything I want.  And you can pry that freedom from my cold, dead, polluted, hands.

Everyone trying to take away my individual liberties.  Down that slippery roads is eventually a slope that is also slippery and then you know you slip all the way over the edge of the flat Earth.

2 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

I want the freedom to pollute the earth and waters all the time with anything I want.  And you can pry that freedom from my cold, dead, polluted, hands.

Everyone trying to take away my individual liberties.  Down that slippery roads is eventually a slope that is also slippery and then you know you slip all the way over the edge of the flat Earth.

Hm, It sounds a bit like your trying for a  the Straw Man fallacy. ;)

@larrytheimp's comment was clearly stated in jocular fashion. It's not intended to be taken seriously.

And @GAROVORKIN it has been a while since this thread has had productive discussion. It's okay to leave it go for now; unless there's something else to contribute that hasn't been said it has probably run its course.

3 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Freedom to act in manners that directly damage others without good cause are not real freedoms.

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

@larrytheimp's comment was clearly stated in jocular fashion. It's not intended to be taken seriously.

And @GAROVORKIN it has been a while since this thread has had productive discussion. It's okay to leave it go for now; unless there's something else to contribute that hasn't been said it has probably run its course.

Fair enough on on not seeing  levity. That happens with me .

Its had some great discussions , no question . 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I was referring to general  nastiness and discord  of political discussions:mellow:

Okay, here's what you see: you see a person making a reasonably innocent comment about (racism, sexism, classism) and getting slammed horribly for it.

Here's what they see: they see a person being racist, sexist, or classist and are like 'fuck this', because there is no pleasant discord when dealing with racists. 

Archived