LOTS of exciting things

44 minutes ago, Yukle said:

This feels like the tenth topic thread on this subject in the past fortnight or so. :P

To help things, let's play bingo! See if you can find:

• Someone saying WoW will never be released
  • Someone saying that the show sucks
  • A negative review of the unreleased Fire and Blood and how it is delaying WoW
  • Brutal assessments of how HBO is garbage, and all of their show is, too
  • "I've given up on the series." / "I've come to terms with the fact we'll never get another book."
  • Comments about GRRM using all of his time to edit Wild Cards

Multipliers are available if more than one appears in the same post.

What is your opinion?

3 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

What is your opinion?

Too much aSoIaF is never enough for me! I love the World of Ice and Fire so I'm pumped for Fire and Blood. I also think that the WoW is much closer to its completion than to its beginning. I've only read two Wild Cards anthologies, but I really dig them! :)

As for the blog post... well, I think that GRRM is no fool and that buzz is needed to sell a book. He'd be must less vague if it was the WoW about to be released, since that would generate buzz. He won't be cryptic, he'll just state it, "It's nearly done / It's submitted and gone to editing!" As that's a huge boost to buzz and therefore sales.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Most of that is (for me) old news, except...

• As he publicly acknowledged, GRRM decided to undertake a major undisclosed plot change in TWOW. Apparently this change proved more unwieldy than he anticipated and necessitated several tweaks in multiple storylines he had previously assumed wouldn’t need much revising.

I thought he was "considering it", that he actually decided to proceed with the legendary twist is new.

And, if the source is to be believed, he has again painted himself into a cycle of infinite rewrites. Ah well. 

Archived