NBA 2018 - Soup's on!

Jaime L

9 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Thunder actually looked like the team I thought they would be at the beginning of the season.

Watched most of this game and the thing that pops out is how bad the OKC offense is. They have no system, and everything breaks down into an ISO. Think they had 6 assists in the first half?

Celtics Bucks game was great, that Middleton shot was insane. Too bad the Bucks lost, but hopefully this will be a tight series all the way into game 7.  

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Watched most of this game and the thing that pops out is how bad the OKC offense is. They have no system, and everything breaks down into an ISO. Think they had 6 assists in the first half?

Celtics Bucks game was great, that Middleton shot was insane. Too bad the Bucks lost, but hopefully this will be a tight series all the way into game 7.  

Iso with your best players is fine. Rockets do the same thing, and average very few assists.

19 hours ago, briantw said:

Gonna be tough to consider Giannis a superstar if he can't take down this starless Celtics team.

Kind of agree with this. They have to win this against this depleted Boston team, if you can't win a series now, how far off can you be and still be called a realistic "opponent" in a playoffs series.

Not sure why so many people are complaining about this. Last I checked there's only one guy on the T'wolves roster with an MVP and he's gotta eat.  

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Kind of agree with this. They have to win this against this depleted Boston team, if you can't win a series now, how far off can you be and still be called a realistic "opponent" in a playoffs series.

Yeah, Giannis is supposed to be a top ten player.  If you can't take down a team without their two best players and only stars, you're not a top ten NBA player.  

I'm pretty down on both Simmons and Giannis for the playoffs. If you can't shoot at all it doesn't matter how spectacularly athletic you are.

Meanwhile Sixers legitimately putting together one of the worst quarters in the history of basketball.

18 hours ago, sperry said:

Iso with your best players is fine. Rockets do the same thing, and average very few assists.

The problem I have with too much of it (Iso) though is that every trip down the floor that you rely on Iso, there are 4 defensive players that arent having to work much.

Over 4 quarters that strategy can leave the opposing team with much fresher legs, more energy and less reliant on needing their bench. That team with the fresher legs and more energy is often in advantage late in the game.

Theres a reason why historically the team that has the leagues leading scorer, doesnt win the NBA Championship. I'd much rather have the team that has 7-8 players in double figures.

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The problem I have with too much of it (Iso) though is that every trip down the floor that you rely on Iso, there are 4 defensive players that arent having to work much.

Over 4 quarters that strategy can leave the opposing team with much fresher legs, more energy and less reliant on needing their bench. That team with the fresher legs and more energy is often in advantage late in the game.

Theres a reason why historically the team that has the leagues leading scorer, doesnt win the NBA Championship. I'd much rather have the team that has 7-8 players in double figures.

That's true, but what the Thunder and Rockets do isn't really old school iso. It's not like everyone clearing out and Kobe or Carmelo dribbling with their back to the defender for 20 seconds and then jacking up a turnaround fadeaway as the shotclock expires. Both teams set a ton of screens and there's a lot going on.

20 hours ago, sperry said:

I'm pretty down on both Simmons and Giannis for the playoffs. If you can't shoot at all it doesn't matter how spectacularly athletic you are.

I don't know if I'd group those two together. Giannis has an average handle while Simmons' is amazing. There were a couple times during the game, where he'd pull his defender out of the paint and then blew by them for an easy dunk. Simmons never has to be a great shooter, but if can develop a shot that people have to respect, it's game over for the rest of the league. Simmons real problem right now is that not only can he not make shots from the line, but he also looks afraid to go. He should be top five in attempts every year, but right now it looks like he's shying away from attacking and drawing fouls. 

I started watching Celtics/Bucks and didn’t know the other game was on NBA TV until the bottom line scroll started across the screen.

Tuned in to see the end of the first half.  Washington scored 58 points.  Not bad for one half of action on the road in the playoffs... except for the fact the Raptors had 76!!! :stunned:  I don’t even know what happened there.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I started watching Celtics/Bucks and didn’t know the other game was on NBA TV until the bottom line scroll started across the screen.

Tuned in to see the end of the first half.  Washington scored 58 points.  Not bad for one half of action on the road in the playoffs... except for the fact the Raptors had 76!!! :stunned:  I don’t even know what happened there.

When the Raps are hitting their threes they score a lot. Not sure what the Wizards can do anymore.  They go big and Valanciunas kills them, they go small and DeRozan does.  I don't really know what Scotty Brooks can do lineup wise that he hasn't already done.  Effectively the switch at the half of game 1 of putting Lowry on Beal and either Anunuoby or Wright on Wall has kind of flummoxed Beal.

Archived