Football - Stolen Taxi for Pardew

Philokles

I don't mind about Rashford being one of the hottests prospect in Europe, Sanchez being an immense player on a free deal, nor Valencia being allegedly one of the best RB in the world. We're still an annoying side to watch, technically and mostly tactically.

Not sure if any of the two teams currently on OT's field even deserve to play in UCL.

So for all the talk of this really being the English teams year it looks like it's going to be a somewhat disappointing two sides in the quarters.

From United's point of view I can kind of see why Mourinho parked the bus in Seville, Sevilla tend to be a lot better at home, but if you're going to be that negative in the away leg you really need to back it up with a getting result at home. This is going to lose him a lot of the good will from beating Liverpool I suspect.

We totally didn't deserved to qualify and I'm glad Ben Yedder prevented us from doing it the ugly way. (say, a Smalling header at 92')

This Sevilla team does deserve credit for at least trying to play decent football. It's not gifted to every football manager to make his team play football. -_-'

José getting pretty much all the crtiticism is a good point, too. Had we qualified with Lukaku and/or Martial bottling a bunch of chances, I would not have afforded to see them being burried. José played poor tactics at both ties and he has to recognize it, just as we recognize he bossed Pool 4 days ago. Tonight, we can not even say that everything went wrong, but everything was wrong in the first place. See that goddamn right hand-side of Valencia, Fellaini and Rashford ? Did José try to fucking emulate The Good, the Bad & the Ugly ?

(otherwise, yeah, Bailly is an amazing defender)

Next stage. Brighton, we are coming for you.

Mourinho really got his tactics horribly wrong in both games against Sevilla. Every team in La Liga knows that Sevilla are weak defensively and leave lots of spaces when they get forward and so look to put them under pressure - quick counters (not hoofball), press their midfield and defence and they inevitably crack. But Mourinho decides that we park the bus in the 1st leg and then play the home leg like we are 4-0 up and only have a go once we are two down. Given the amount of money Mourinho has spent, it isn't acceptable to be employing such negative tactics against this Sevilla team who are not nearly as good as their side that won the EL.

One on hand it’s gratifying to see Mourinho’s anti-football punished.  On the other hand, it’s even more galling that they just beat us.  

Spurs were naive/sloppy, Utd were gutless and are just unable to take the initiative in a football match, Chelsea so far were slightly unfortunate and it remains to be seen if they can dig out from that.  City and Liverpool waltzed through, albeit against easier opposition than Chelsea or Spurs faced.  We could easily have had 3-4 English teams in the quarter finals. 

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I was making jokes before about us having accidentally bought Andros Townsend, but frankly at this point that's a massive insult to Andros Townsend.

He is basically the new Andrey Arshavin. But nowhere near as good.

Why is Sanchez struggling so much?  Is it about the movement of players around him and/or having the ball in very different situations than Arsenal?  He’s not suddenly a bad player and he’s not unfamiliar with the PL.  

There can always be problems with settling in a new team but he settled at Arsenal much better. 

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Why is Sanchez struggling so much?  Is it about the movement of players around him and/or having the ball in very different situations than Arsenal?  He’s not suddenly a bad player and he’s not unfamiliar with the PL.  

There can always be problems with settling in a new team but he settled at Arsenal much better. 

He's been shite at Arsenal this season as well. At least part of it is some kind of attitude issue, though he's not lacking workrate and he shouldn't hate his new team-mates yet so I can't quite figure out what it would be to affect his football like this.

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

He never really settled at Arsenal. Bloke had at least three dressing room fist-fights (that we know of), and was generally regarded as a berk of the highest order.

Haven't listened yet, but Rafa Honigstein apparently has a bit to say about it on this week's Totally Football podcast

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

He's been shite at Arsenal this season as well. At least part of it is some kind of attitude issue, though he's not lacking workrate and he shouldn't hate his new team-mates yet so I can't quite figure out what it would be to affect his football like this.

It might be nothing more than Chile's failure to qualify for the WC, hence the Arshavin comparison.

Or maybe he wishes he'd not been a complete idiot, and signed for Pep instead of Mourinho.

7 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He never really settled at Arsenal. Bloke had at least three dressing room fist-fights (that we know of), and was generally regarded as a berk of the highest order.

Haven't listened yet, but Rafa Honigstein apparently has a bit to say about it on this week's Totally Football podcast

Yea, think mentioned within that podcast, which I haven't listened to, was that his work rate was a bit of a facade. He consistently ran the least on the team and while the waving of his arms and his occasional trackback tackle looked good, he didn't do a whole lot of work himself. Oh and that everyone in the Arsenal room hated him.

Mourinho's now firing shots at the club:

I’ve sat in this chair twice before with Porto, Manchester United out, and Real Madrid, Manchester United out, so I don’t think it’s anything new for the club,

Just fucking sack him now, please?

Archived